09-13-12, 11:44 AM   #1
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
RDX 9.0.2_alpha release

Hello

Sorry for the delay.

And Sorry again because it is just an alpha version.

I didn't finish all I want to do unfortunately, but this version is enought stable so you can play with.

I did many mistakes with RDX8, complexe menu, maintaining too much desktops for a theme (solo, raid, arena, etc), the blizzard chatframe hard to work with etc ....

The new RDX9 should be easier to handle, managing themes, managing layouts for one theme, all the new desktop options. I even added some usefull stuff in the IDE to make it easier to see what you are designing.

I discovered that the timer engine in RDX 8 (and RDX7, 6 and 5) was working badly and was responsible of FPS limitation. The new timer engine is really working better, now I am able to see 120 fps, something I've never seen before.

So I hope you will like the new version. I will try to post later the descriptions of all the new features.

Cheers

Last edited by sigg : 09-13-12 at 01:16 PM.
09-13-12, 12:44 PM   #2
taheen74
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sigg View Post
Hello

Sorry for the delay.

And Sorry again because it is just an alpha version.

I didn't finish all I want to do unfortunately, but this version is enought stable so you can play with.

I did many mistakes with RDX8, complexe menu, maintaining too much desktops for a theme (solo, raid, arena, etc), the blizzard chatframe hard to work with etc ....

The new RDX9 should be easier to handle, managing themes, managing layouts for one theme, all the new desktop options. I even added some usefull stuff in the IDE to make it easier to see what you are designing.

I discovered that the timer engine in RDX 8 (and RDX7, 6 and 5) was working badly and was responsible of FPS limitation. The new timer engine is really working better, now I am able to see 120 fps, something I've never seen before.

So I hope you will like the new version. I will try to post later the descriptions of all the new features.

Cheers
So I just downloaded this and everything seems to be missing (can't even get my chatframe to come up). Basically, it's nothing but the RDX button that comes up (I made sure to install the media pack).

In other words, how do I start getting things going so I can sanley start making my UI?
09-13-12, 12:52 PM   #3
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
I forgot to say, it is recommended to drop all the wtf folder before installing the new version.

About your old package rdx8, Use the save / restore feature.

Install both available themes syla and sitrax

From the main menu you can duplicate a theme before customizing it
09-13-12, 01:02 PM   #4
taheen74
A Cyclonian
I forgot to say, it is recommended to drop all the wtf folder before installing the new version.

About your old package rdx8, Use the save / restore feature.

Install both available themes syla and sitrax

From the main menu you can duplicate a theme before customizing it

I stopped using RDX back during tier 11, so I don't have any of the old stuff left. So this is basically a new install. Figured I'd give RDX another try (since using 14 addons to do what RDX basically does is pointless).

I'll try using the other two themes and see if that works. I have sitrax but even that wasn't loading..nothing is coming up under themes, so if there's some additional step I need to take, let me know. When I go to restore packages, by the way, there's no options to restore anything.

Last edited by taheen74 : 09-13-12 at 01:08 PM.
09-13-12, 01:15 PM   #5
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Noob error from me.

I should always try a new installation before releasing.

RDX 9.0.2 has just been released with the fix that break at startup.

Sorry
09-13-12, 01:19 PM   #6
taheen74
A Cyclonian
Noob error from me.

I should always try a new installation before releasing.

RDX 9.0.2 has just been released with the fix that break at startup.

Sorry
Hehe it's ok...was wondering if it was me not doing something right. It works now.
10-01-12, 03:10 PM   #7
defkon
A Murloc Raider
tutorial

is there a tutorial somewhere that i can check out. i like the concept but have NO idea how to use this add on
10-01-12, 03:21 PM   #8
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
I am working on the wizard tools.

You will be able to use the wizard to build some windows for a theme.

It should arrive in the next version.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Support » OpenRDX: General Information » RDX 9.0.1_alpha release