07-29-07, 10:11 AM   #1
Samara
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Changing appearance

hi again.....i jsut wana ask ...if i log wow in minimized mode becoz i am having problem of logging in at full screen mode (screen freezes and pc restarting) for some reason but blizz still didnt find an answer bout that....Mazzle still lookin good as it is..but then if i change into full screen mode...Mazzle messes up with the buttons and layout...so i have to reloadui again then its fine...is this normal?
07-29-07, 11:04 AM   #2
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Yes actually. It happens to many people.

My suggestion for starting up would be to have it in Window mode but start maximized. May I ask if you are using PC or Mac? That might be where the problem is. More than likely though your video card is having a difficult time rendering the log in info. i would point my finger at RAM or Video card personally. It could also be virus scanner, I've seen them do some whack stuff to video games (I could not even get Neverwinter Nights 2 to load with mine on, worked fine after I killed the virus scanner).
07-29-07, 05:25 PM   #3
Samara
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
well im using PC, 1.5O GB, Nvidea 7600 GS with latest driver as always (which i doubt have a problem with WoW about having low FPS and logging in fullmode screen) i just quite dont get about the virus scanner...and yes i do always start in window mode but its kinda annoying to reload twice before i can actually play =/
07-29-07, 05:45 PM   #4
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
What he means about the anti-virus programs is that some of them are resource hogs and possibly block some files/programs from running while they are enabled. Right clicking on the anti-virus program and selecting disable before loading WoW is an option to try, it may or may not help with your current issue.

I was curious what your resolution is set at for in-game play? and if its the same as your current windows configuration?
07-29-07, 06:22 PM   #5
joive
A Theradrim Guardian

Your PSU?

Samara, I tried to do some research on your issue and some guy on Nvidia forums is reporting the same behavior with WoW and the 7600 GS Video Card here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=41341 .

After many questions and responses, seems like an underpowered video card was the main problem. I hope this helps.

Sir James Dewar
07-29-07, 08:15 PM   #6
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Samara
well im using PC, 1.5O GB, Nvidea 7600 GS with latest driver as always (which i doubt have a problem with WoW about having low FPS and logging in fullmode screen) i just quite dont get about the virus scanner...and yes i do always start in window mode but its kinda annoying to reload twice before i can actually play =/
I think you misunderstood. Start with it in Windowed mode and Maximized. The option right bellow windowed mode. It will seem like Fullscreen but it renders slightly different.

Also my research should me the same thing as Joive said, it being an under powered video card. Your card is running out of juice to initialize all the memory it needs for WoW to start up.
07-30-07, 12:28 PM   #7
Samara
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I would like to thank you all guys from replying to my thread and also for the research of my wow problem...i read the forum that you posted above and ive done all those earlier updating my chipset and so on,and surely not underpower but i was also researching last night at woW forum about starting wow with a Launcher might help from freezing screen and rebooting pc..becoz after the big patch my launcher was disabled without noticing it..so i tried logging in and out last night for a LOT of times with a Launcher and i never crashed or freezed screen but i aint sure myself yet if this a coincidence or maybe this is the solution to my problem logging wow in full screen mode,so far i played wow today to check and i never had any crashed.tnx again =)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Changing appearance