11-23-10, 01:22 PM   #1
logansfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Request: PvP death sounds addon

Hello,

I used to have a blast with the pvp death sounds feature of the Natur Enemy Cast Bar addon. The original author stated shortly after the 4.0 patch that he was updating the addon, but now we havent heard from him in well over a month and requests for update progress go unanswered.

Is anyone capable of creating a stand-alone addon that would bring back the function of this feature of the NECB addon?

Thank you for reading,

Logan
11-24-10, 09:51 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Does this still work?
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...realSound.html

/edit: Just noticed that they're .wav - WoW doesn't recognize these anymore. You'll have to change them to either .mp3 or .ogg
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-26-10, 10:44 PM   #3
logansfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Does this still work?
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...realSound.html

/edit: Just noticed that they're .wav - WoW doesn't recognize these anymore. You'll have to change them to either .mp3 or .ogg
I was unaware of this addon! Tyvm for turning me onto it! Ill install and try it out, and if it requires any edits I cant puzzle out myself to restore function ill try contacting its author
11-26-10, 11:21 PM   #4
logansfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just tested the suggested addon.

changed all instances of .wav in the config files to .mp3 and names to those of the .mp3s from NECB which I know were working sound files pre-patch, copied all .mp3s from NECB's sound folder to the new addons folder, confirmed out of date addons option and this specific addon were enabled.

Not functional.

Appears to need a pure coding edit/rewrite which is beyond my programming skills.

Thank you for the suggestion though!
11-27-10, 12:24 AM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Did you make sure that the filenames referenced in the config file matched the filenames of your sound files - capitalization and spelling both?

Also, make sure you made the config file changes the file copying/renaming while WoW was completely closed - otherwise it wouldn't have noticed the file renames or copying.
11-27-10, 01:10 AM   #6
logansfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
Did you make sure that the filenames referenced in the config file matched the filenames of your sound files - capitalization and spelling both?

Also, make sure you made the config file changes the file copying/renaming while WoW was completely closed - otherwise it wouldn't have noticed the file renames or copying.
Hello Taryble,

Yes, I closed the client completely, did my edits to the .lua file carefully, and double checked for capitolization and spelling, using the F3>Replace editing feature to be sure I edited all instances of code that needed to be changed. On relaunching WoW, I checked the list of avail addons to be sure the plugin had loaded correctly and was enabled. Everything im capable of editing seems to be done correctly.

I believe the issue is patch change impacts to the scripting language specifics acceptable for addon coding that occoured between the 2.4 version of the game when this addon was written and the current 4.0 environment. Probably something involving IF THEN ELSE or some other coding necessary for functionality. Unfortunately I have never been more than a neophyte coder of older antiquated programming languages and have been far to addicted/immersed in playing on the lives to train my knowledge of coding to anything current in the addons scene >.<

If any coders experienced with the current addons language requirements could look at either UnrealSounds or the pvp deathsounds feature of NECB and perform the necessary edits to restore functionality (my personal preference would be a working standalone of the deathsounds from NECB with its last working order of play of the .mp3's contained in that addon's files) I would very much appreciate it

Thank you for taking the time respond!
12-11-10, 07:54 PM   #7
logansfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well Ive private messaged the authors of NECB, and the RealSound plugins, and gotten no responses.

Are any coders avail with time to do any rewrites for cata?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: PvP death sounds addon