05-29-09, 04:54 PM   #1
Søøm
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Recount and its memory

Hey..

i just tried some gambling with recount and the data collection and mem using is the ****....even with "keep only bossfights" it collects data overall and the mem raises unil infinity

is there any way recount doesnt raise up with mem that high?

i know many recommend skada but i just love the much more easier handling (its my opinion so no trolling about skada is better and stuff)

maybe there is a rewritten verions with some uberfeatures XD

thx in advance

rgds
05-29-09, 11:14 PM   #2
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Clear your data regularly.

/recount reset

I'm not having problems with Recount at all
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
05-30-09, 01:29 AM   #3
Søøm
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by honem View Post
Clear your data regularly.

/recount reset

I'm not having problems with Recount at all

the prob is if my total mem using raises over 45mb my fps drops and i got "lagspikes" from time to time...my pc is just a bit "slow"

everything went fine back in the days of early mc XD

it would rly help if it would regulary erase the data from not boss fights itself (like the option "keep only bossfights" says but not does )

rgds
05-30-09, 02:39 AM   #4
Katae
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If Skada is totally off limits for you, I'm afraid you'll have to deal with the high memory footprint of Recount. As you've probably heard, Skada has a relatively lower footprint, but obviously it's not as mature.

Personal choice is personal.
05-30-09, 03:13 AM   #5
stormkeep
Drunken Dorf

Premium Member
Are you possibly collecting and keeping alot more data than you need? I used recount for the last few years (until switching to Skada around a week ago) and though it certainly does use more memory than Skada, it never grew beyond a certain point.

You might want to check if you have it set to capture and save mob data or something. Also turn on the garbage collection option if you don't have it on, and have it automatically delete time data (unless for some reason you absolutely NEED to keep that stored..but that's a huge memory user right there).

I switched to Skada myself for the memory reason, but not because Recount was going crazy on it...just because it does use alot more and I too found that keeping the interface light helps fps. I didn't want to give up any of my UI, so I had to find lighter weight addons that did the same jobs.
05-30-09, 04:07 AM   #6
Søøm
A Fallenroot Satyr
ok thx for the replies but i think ill swtich to skada since its in the mem usage way more comfortable :P

but is there any chance to show the actual rdps? dont wanna use any ldb addon to see the data feed in there...just want a bar like the reo**** total one above all the other bars which shows the actual done dmg and rdps....

is it possible to get rid of the % in healing or dps? only need name, amount, d and hps

rgds
05-30-09, 05:44 AM   #7
stormkeep
Drunken Dorf

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Søøm View Post
ok thx for the replies but i think ill swtich to skada since its in the mem usage way more comfortable :P

but is there any chance to show the actual rdps? dont wanna use any ldb addon to see the data feed in there...just want a bar like the reo**** total one above all the other bars which shows the actual done dmg and rdps....

is it possible to get rid of the % in healing or dps? only need name, amount, d and hps

rgds
Go into the options ( /skada config, or via the Blizzard Options-Interface menu)
Select "General Options"
for data feed select "Raid DPS"

I'm assuming that's what you are looking for, although I never really messed with it yet myself, having only used this addon for a just under a week myself.
05-30-09, 06:26 AM   #8
Søøm
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by stormkeep View Post
Go into the options ( /skada config, or via the Blizzard Options-Interface menu)
Select "General Options"
for data feed select "Raid DPS"

I'm assuming that's what you are looking for, although I never really messed with it yet myself, having only used this addon for a just under a week myself.
hey thats the thing..the data feed only works with an ldb addon like fortress or fubar2broker and i dont wanna install it...

but i guess i can say nvm...since i found this page....i've choosen the settings there and the mem doesnt raise over 25mb (atleast it didnt in my naxx 10man run recently)

rgds

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Recount and its memory