08-13-14, 06:23 AM   #1
BlackWolfDesign
A Kobold Labourer
2 player - 1 environment

Is there an addon or would it be possible to write an addon which you can log in with 2 accounts at the same time and could play together? So to speak, two players with a common environment such as in Diablo 3?

i mean..., wait, i create a picture....
Click image for larger version

Name:	wow-360.png
Views:	401
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	8179

Last edited by BlackWolfDesign : 08-13-14 at 08:47 AM. Reason: create a picture
08-13-14, 06:32 AM   #2
Malakahh
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, the closest would be some sort of multiboxing (where you have multiple wow clients open, and control several characters at once, on several accounts). WoW was never developed with the option for two players to log into the same client to allow for any kind of hotseat play.

edit: Addons do exist to ease the task of multiboxing, such as http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ingHelper.html

Last edited by Malakahh : 08-13-14 at 06:37 AM.
08-13-14, 04:39 PM   #3
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

You could check out http://www.dual-boxing.com/content/

Apologies if this URL is not allowed.
08-14-14, 06:43 AM   #4
Malakahh
An Aku'mai Servant
i mean..., wait, i create a picture....
Attachment 8179
Something like this is not possible. As I mentioned previously, the closest you could get is two clients running side-by-side (perhaps on separate monitors, for a better experience) on a single pc. Running several wow clients at once, logged into several accounts, and controlling them at the same time is what is known as multiboxing and as far as I know, Blizzard has no problem with this. Read more here: http://wowpedia.org/Multiboxing

Hotseating, as shown in the picture you've produce, is not possible. The game is simply not designed to be able to handle more than one character controlled in a single client, nor more than one account in a single client. Your only option is A) have several clients open on your PC and multibox it (you could ofc use a controller for one client and keyboard/mouse for another), or B) two PC's next to eachother.

Last edited by Malakahh : 08-14-14 at 06:48 AM. Reason: I broke the qoute
08-14-14, 08:34 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

You could, however, have the UI setup from your mockup. You'd then set up Autohotkey, or whatever other software you were using to send keystrokes and mouseclicks to the second WoW window (the one not currently focused), to ignore the keys bound to those buttons in the Player 1 window, and only send to the Player 2 window, and vice versa. Depending on what software you were using, you may even be able to set up mouseclicks so that clicking on the Player 2 buttons in the Player 1 window would send the clicks to the Player 2 window instead.

You could go even further and have an in-game addon to synchronize the button contents, so you could edit the layout of the action bar for Player 2 in the Player 2 window, and have the fake buttons in the Player 1 window automatically update themselves.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » 2 player - 1 environment