08-28-11, 10:15 PM   #1
legoinangel04
A Defias Bandit
Instance teleport button missing

I was asked to teleport out of an instance and go back in to get to the beginning by hitting the eye thats by the minimap. I said didnt have it and was told that I should and it looks exactly like the Dungeon Finder icon. Where is it?

08-29-11, 07:15 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Do you have your minimap merged or docked in the carb map? Do you use carb's minimap button bag? In the latter case, it may be in the bag. In the former, I dunno.

I don't use either feature (I let nUI control the minimap and its buttons, although I turn most buttons off and use an LDB broker instead) so I avoid the problem - this button appears in the middle of the top edge of the minimap, right where blizz puts it by default.

08-29-11, 03:50 PM   #3
legoinangel04
A Defias Bandit
I figured it out. Just had to adjust the way the buttons where set up. Put them in 3 columns instead of the single one.

09-06-11, 01:12 AM   #4
magnemoe
A Defias Bandit
I have this problem to

I have this problem to, yesterday I exited a dungeon and was unable to return, still got JP then logging in later
Where do I set up buttons? I just found settings for the default four under the clock.

I use both the default and the Carbonite minimap, the dungeon finder button should show up on bottom left part of the default map, as a minor issue the zoom inn button on the original map is replaced by the Carbonite button.

Main reason why I still use the default map is that Carbonite does not show new quest giver, yes default it showed all possible quest givers but it was too many then entering an new zone and I’m only interested in the active ones, who was hidden by icons for inactive questgivers.

09-06-11, 06:44 AM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
There is no carbonite minimap.

I suspect that the carbonite button does not replace the "zoom inn" (sic) button, but simply covers it.

I also suspect that by "inactive questgivers" you mean "questgivers in whom I'm not interested at the moment" — which would make it hard for any addon to figure out which ones are "active" and which are not.

09-06-11, 07:39 AM   #6
magnemoe
A Defias Bandit
Hi and thank for fast answer, I also suspect that the Carbonite button hides zoom and you are right that Carbonite don't have a minimap, it's just the default map who are smaller

However with inactive questgivers I mean questgivers who will not give me any quests mostly because they are later in a quest chain or because I'm to low level or standing with the fraction, however I was unable to turn them off without also removing active questgivers, questgivers for solved quests show up nice.

Think I understand the solution for this problem, setting the default buttons in multiple rows will make room for the dungeon button. Will test it then I come home.

09-06-11, 08:09 AM   #7
legoinangel04
A Defias Bandit
Right click on the carbonite map and go into options. Under map or minimap, i cant remember off the top of my head right now. it should give you the option to set up how many columns and spacing to have for the mini map buttons. Taking it off the default 1 column fixed my issue with the missing button.

09-06-11, 10:27 AM   #8
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This thread makes me remember why my group usually vote kicks people who can't get back into a LFD, I suspect they use Carbonite and can't find the LFD button too. lol :P

09-06-11, 07:47 PM   #9
magnemoe
A Defias Bandit
Ty, I found it and now it work, also found that you could move the Carbonite button and the entire button bar.

And yes the missing button is an issue as you will usually not look for it until needed.
And yes I should have been kicked, not only being able to return but also being offline.

09-07-11, 03:45 AM   #10
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just to add so I don't offend; you make mistakes and you learn from them!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Instance teleport button missing