10-26-09, 05:36 AM   #1
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

You ever just need a break?

I never thought this day would come! I reached a point sometime in the last month where my interest in WoW has been seriously lacking.

It's not like I am not a hard core gamer. I play at the most a couple hours a night, I have other interests, and hobbies.

After all these years I can't level up another character, no more heroics, no more farming, no more WoW! In the last week I have done a couple dailies and then logged. For the longest time it has always been fun to log in. But the excitement just isn't there.

Time for a break I guess, because there is no other game out that seems to draw my interest. Guess I'll see what happens.

Bellator

Mary-Chapin Carpenter
10-26-09, 06:06 AM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

tbh, I felt the same when BC and WotLK both first came out. I recovered after BC and ended up really enjoying myself again in game, but since around patch 2.4 I have yo yo'd back and forth between hating it and just having an apathetic viewpoint.

I may go back, eventually, but I just don't "feel" this expansion (wotlk).

Good luck, I hope you can have fun again. Maybe you just need some "alone time" .
10-26-09, 06:46 AM   #3
LordMacragge
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Been there, get that feeling I get a toon to lvl 80 of playing a lvl 80 get sick and tired of rep grinding dailies. I just play another game (Warhammer 40K, Dawn Of War II) for a couple of days.
10-26-09, 11:22 AM   #4
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

I go through that every few months. I get burned out on raiding, rep grinds bore me, and heriocs are just a joke. I'd rather scratch my eyes out than level another toon.

Then I go do something else for about three weeks, and WoW becomes entertaining again. (But to be honest, I don't feel Cataclysm much at all, even after playing it at PAX. I really hope SW TOR comes out by that point.)
10-26-09, 11:56 AM   #5
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
It's not like I am not a hard core gamer. I play at the most a couple hours a night, I have other interests, and hobbies.
i hit this point about a year ago (though i am playing a bit more than usual the last couple of weeks, for some reason). i went into WoW addon development instead .
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
10-26-09, 06:31 PM   #6
Raxnor
A Cliff Giant

Well this is kinda funny , i was gonna make a post about this, glad you did
Well anyways for the last past few months i been feeling the same way w/WoW, i stop playing the game a few months ago and start playing LotrO, the game it's pretty cool , love the first 4 weeks , after reaching lvl 54(hunter) i was like "ok i'm not having fun anymore", so i stop , so here i am debating on what to do, go back to WoW and play what?, i play all the classes to a high lvl, the endgame content of WoW it's not my thing anymore after my guild faceroll Naxx back in Dec. so what should i do?
Take a break ?, i mean all my original friends who i played WoW back in '05 are all gone , playing other MMOs and now you see me bouncing around , trying to find or make new friends in WoW but as much as i look it's not the same anymore.
10-26-09, 06:44 PM   #7
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
I never thought this day would come! I reached a point sometime in the last month where my interest in WoW has been seriously lacking.

After all these years I can't level up another character, no more heroics, no more farming, no more WoW! In the last week I have done a couple dailies and then logged. For the longest time it has always been fun to log in. But the excitement just isn't there.

Time for a break I guess, because there is no other game out that seems to draw my interest. Guess I'll see what happens.

Bellator
I completely agree with you. This game's development path has been severely stupid for quite some time now and it only becomes worse with Cataclysm. I still play, but it's more about having a lot of time invested in my toons than it is actual interest in the game. I suppose it also has to do with not finding a "suitable" wow replacement game somewhere else. Other fantasy based games are too emo for my taste.

The mixing and matching of classes/races in Cataclysm will be the last nail in the coffin of wow losing its original feel and interest. The 14 yr old kids will all think it's neato and to be honest, I think that's who Blizzard has been trying to appeal to with every change that's come along since this game started "expanding".

It's kind of sad watching Blizzard destroy such a great product.
10-26-09, 06:48 PM   #8
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I see I am not alone, man like Raxx all but one of my friends have left WoW. Though I don't think that is the overpowering reason for feeling burnt out. End game is not what I like, its the trip to end game.

But after you level every class and race that really interests me what now? I can only rep grind, daily for so long, there is no interest in the old WoW world. So I am taking a break, watch some football, play something else and hopefully come back to WoW refreshed.

I will check in here, the community here is just awesome and I'd miss WoW Interface peeps too much.

Guys thanks for all your info and feedback these years, see you all soon I hope.

Bellator

Mary-Chapin Carpenter
10-26-09, 07:00 PM   #9
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

Originally Posted by Republic View Post
The 14 yr old kids will all think it's neato and to be honest, I think that's who Blizzard has been trying to appeal to with every change that's come along since this game started "expanding".
I've been thinking that more and more recently. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Like I said to a friend: 'Actually, I don't want TOR to be a WoW-killer. I want them to all come play it and discover that it's an entirely different kind of game. Then they'll all go back and leave the rest of us to enjoy something with a storyline and good gameplay.'

Of course, that's a bit premature since it's just barely been opened for beta, but I have faith in Bioware (if LucasArts doesn't interfere too much).
10-26-09, 08:26 PM   #10
Gako
A Fallenroot Satyr

Get a Kit Kat!!!

Omg Im so sorry about that, but somebody had to yah know? On a more serious note, this happens to me every now and then. I usually quit wow for about a week, and read literature. Lots and lots of literature. Once I'm fully tired of being incapable of influencing the main characters actions, I got back to WoW.
10-26-09, 11:03 PM   #11
zero-kill
A Firelord

Honestly I don't even know why I renew my subscription.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » You ever just need a break?