07-19-08, 11:35 AM   #1
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Talking Appologies to everyone for the joke...

Well, I logged on today... and it looks like my attempt to RickRoll some people was deleted from the forums... meh, kinda what I expected... that's what I get for posting something at four in the morning that Isn't rearly as funny as I think it is at the time... Sorry to put the mods through the trouble. Won't do it again, I promise.

For those of you that don't know, Rickrolling is posting a link to a Rick Astley music video and claiming it's something else in the link.

It just goes to show... don't drink and post on forums... especially forums you like...

Last edited by Ratheri : 07-19-08 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Can't remeber names for ****

07-19-08, 11:40 AM   #2
MattCairns
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Its Rick Astley not Avery

07-19-08, 11:47 AM   #3
Penguiin
A Murloc Raider
rick roll isn't funny. why would you waste your time to do this?

07-19-08, 12:19 PM   #4
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Penguiin View Post
I might not find it funny, but I actually like Rick Astley, and don't mind getting "rickrolled." Too bad I missed it.

Also, I think he explained why in the OP, and also apologized.

Last edited by Nynaeve : 07-19-08 at 12:19 PM. Reason: I used a P instead of p and my smilie! it no work!

07-19-08, 12:24 PM   #5
Penguiin
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nynaeve View Post
I might not find it funny, but I actually like Rick Astley, and don't mind getting "rickrolled." Too bad I missed it.

Also, I think he explained why in the OP, and also apologized.
I totally agree with you on that, but when people waste time to get a cheap laugh it is annoying to say the least

07-19-08, 12:55 PM   #6
MattCairns
A Fallenroot Satyr

I don't much like being rick rolled but I do think the music video is hilarious. The song isn't really too shabby either.

07-19-08, 02:01 PM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ratheri View Post
Well, I logged on today... and it looks like my attempt to RickRoll some people was deleted from the forums... meh, kinda what I expected... that's what I get for posting something at four in the morning that Isn't rearly as funny as I think it is at the time... Sorry to put the mods through the trouble. Won't do it again, I promise.

For those of you that don't know, Rickrolling is posting a link to a Rick Astley music video and claiming it's something else in the link.

It just goes to show... don't drink and post on forums... especially forums you like...
Why would anyone need to apologize for this? Not trying to be a smartass, but seriously I don't get it. What did Rick Astley ever do that was so horrid that would cause someone's posts to be deleted over it?

07-19-08, 03:04 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Because it was billed as being an easy way to create an addon (the author beta key thing was put up last night) and was the (in my personal opinion - I didn't remove the post) stupid rickrolled video.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-19-08, 08:05 PM   #9
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Because it was billed as being an easy way to create an addon (the author beta key thing was put up last night) and was the (in my personal opinion - I didn't remove the post) stupid rickrolled video.
I agree... I honestly don't know why I thought it was such a good idea at the time, although it never even entered into my head that the beta key thing might have people interested in that kind of thing... it just seemed like the kind of video people would buy being linked to here... I think somehow I regressed back to age 12, because that's the kind of thing I would have found funny then. And not because the video was funny, just seeing how many people would have fallen for it and complained, I think.

Well, I'm supposed to be here to be helpful as opposed to being a pain, so there you go. It's a dumb bait-and-switch joke and I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time with it... back to being constructive...

Last edited by Ratheri : 07-19-08 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Tyops and clarity

07-19-08, 09:11 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's okay, Ratheri. You're good.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-20-08, 06:34 PM   #11
Darkseid
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Penguiin View Post
I agree. I think rick rolls are stupid. If you have something to share, do so. If you don't, why waste your time.

I guess people like attention.

07-20-08, 06:45 PM   #12
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
It's okay, Ratheri. You're good.
Nothing more needed to be said after this.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Appologies to everyone for the joke...