04-03-09, 12:57 PM   #1
slickwalker
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Instance maps on minimaps

LOL, me once again. I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON THIS ADDON!!!

Now, this question. When I go into an instance, my minimap doesnt show me anything except the terrain outside the entrance at the entrance.

04-03-09, 07:19 PM   #2
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Because Blizzard has always prevented addons from knowing your location inside a dungeon.

However this will change for Northrend dungeons from the next patch.

(fixed typo)

Last edited by Spahut : 04-05-09 at 07:51 PM.

04-03-09, 07:53 PM   #3
Doriginal1
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
If you install Atlas, leave the folder in your addons directory. Carbonite will pull the instance maps from that and use them for instances. Atlas does not have to be enabled for this, just leave the Atlas folder in your addons folder and you will be good to go.

04-03-09, 09:17 PM   #4
shamanamahs
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Doriginal1 View Post
If you install Atlas, leave the folder in your addons directory. Carbonite will pull the instance maps from that and use them for instances. Atlas does not have to be enabled for this, just leave the Atlas folder in your addons folder and you will be good to go.
I have the same problem, but I have atlas in my addons folder yet carbonite still isn't showing the instance maps

04-04-09, 06:39 AM   #5
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
There is also a bug here (in Carbonite), if you set the icon scale to anything but the default value of -1, then the icon for the dungeon is OVER the atlas map, so if you have an icon size of 20, it obscures a large part of the map when you zoom all the way in - very annoying.

(Edited for clarification)

Last edited by Spahut : 04-05-09 at 07:52 PM.

04-04-09, 11:07 AM   #6
slickwalker
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
Because Blizzard has always prevented addons from know your location inside a dungeon.

However this will change for Northrend dungeons from the next patch.
Understandable, but the default minimap still lets you see where in the instance you are, if not the whole instance, at least the minimap moves with you. Like when someone pings the minimap, you can see that they are pinging the wall in Maexna where they are cocooned. Maybe I'm considering this minimap a replacement to the default one, and that's not it's purpose.

04-04-09, 05:59 PM   #7
shamanamahs
A Murloc Raider
Ok I figured it outlike Spahut said, make your icon smaller than 20, and zoom in like crazy and tada, thers your instance map

04-05-09, 11:57 PM   #8
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by shamanamahs View Post
Ok I figured it outlike Spahut said, make your icon smaller than 20, and zoom in like crazy and tada, thers your instance map
Except it seems a lot of instances are missing in Carbonite. I know the instance maps are there in Atlas, but Carbonite is missing several instance maps in Northrend in my experience.

04-06-09, 11:56 AM   #9
slickwalker
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'm sorry I keep missing your instructions, but maybe I can clarify what I'm asking by rephrasing the question.

Is there a way to have the minimap track your character while in an instance? When I move, the arrow on the minimap moves ect. As it is now, I can get the instance map to load correctly, but my arrow just sits at the entrance.

04-06-09, 03:41 PM   #10
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
The arrow cannot track you in any instance (yet).

Blizzard does not allow player tracking in instances (again yet) so therefor the arrow stays still.

In the next patch ONLY Northrend instances will allow players to be tracked in instances and your arrow will move around the map. Hopefully they will implement this in older dungeons to ... but chances are they won't. (Just like they should allow mount's and pets again or flying in the old areas)

04-06-09, 03:58 PM   #11
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by wreck View Post
Except it seems a lot of instances are missing in Carbonite. I know the instance maps are there in Atlas, but Carbonite is missing several instance maps in Northrend in my experience.
Let us know which ones in the bugs forum and we'll get 'em fixed.

04-06-09, 04:13 PM   #12
slickwalker
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
The arrow cannot track you in any instance (yet).

Blizzard does not allow player tracking in instances (again yet) so therefor the arrow stays still.

In the next patch ONLY Northrend instances will allow players to be tracked in instances and your arrow will move around the map. Hopefully they will implement this in older dungeons to ... but chances are they won't. (Just like they should allow mount's and pets again or flying in the old areas)
Ok, thank you. In response to this, what are some of you using in regards to entering instances/caves in order to see where you are in relation to area?

04-06-09, 07:49 PM   #13
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
Let us know which ones in the bugs forum and we'll get 'em fixed.
I'll have to take a look and then go post. I know for a fact that while Halls of Lightening seems to be there (but in the wrong place) Halls of Stone is not there.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Instance maps on minimaps