10-29-14, 11:20 AM   #1
SSRAlleria
A Defias Bandit
Do we have an ETA for Carbonite we are all lost with out it!

Do we at least have an ETA for carbonites completion for 6.0.3?

My wife and I are sure we are not alone when we say that Blizzard should hire you to add the functionality and ease that they are SORELY LACKING to the ingame map and quest tracking system. Blizzard maps and quest tracking SUCK!
Carbonite makes questing and searching maps so effortless. Soon as we get a working version we will gladly donate again. Keep up the great work man!

10-29-14, 11:57 AM   #2
onenutmcgee
A Murloc Raider
Rythal hasn't given an ETA, but my guess is that it's going to be a while. Blizz changed how the maps are identified. I would imagine that they changed how maps were ID'd because of the same name zones in WoD (ie, Nagrand and Shadowmoon). So Rythal is rewriting the map handling portion. It's very complex. I looked at the code for it's going to be pretty hard to figure out the full impact of the change. But it's significant.

There's a 3rd party fix available now:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50315

I've not yet used it or looked at the code changes, but if the maps are still linked by names, then there may be issues with that version at WoD launch. But the official status is that Rythal is working on it, and I'm sure he'll be able to handle it.

In the meantime, I think it might be worth noting that the wow quest tracking and stuff isn't so bad. Just be sure to turn on auto track and it will put an arrow on your minimap to the goal and do highlighting and such. Its under interface->quests i believe. Also tick the sort box so it switches properly. If you don't like the default questing window, MonkeyQuest is a good replacement for that. I downloaded TomTom for a crazyarrow as well. I've not found a replacement for the Carbonite maping and goto functions though. Those are the bits that I really like Carbonite for.

11-13-14, 02:42 PM   #3
SSRAlleria
A Defias Bandit
Still waiting

11-13-14, 03:31 PM   #4
matt_b19
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sadly it would appear that he did not start the patch 6 version until after beta had finished.

I am now assuming its dead in the water as I loved this addon, but its most valuable at this time in an expac

11-13-14, 03:50 PM   #5
Qin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It's NOT

Snowflakes, it's not done.

He is working on it as evident in the other thread, he also has other folks lending a hand.

Of course you can always lend a hand, or just be patient till it's finished.

11-13-14, 04:17 PM   #6
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Qin View Post
Snowflakes, it's not done.
*snip*.
Funniest quote of the day!

Made me laugh...

11-19-14, 04:11 PM   #7
daisybuttercup
A Defias Bandit
I am so confused right now. It seems I am seeing posts from people who portions of carbonite is still working for. It won't work at all for me. The icon shows on my mini map, and I can right click to get the menu, but I can not get the map or the quest tracker. I completely agree with the OP, Blizzard should pay for this addon to be a part of WoW. I do not enjoy the game nearly as much without it, and honestly, if I had not discovered it right away, when I first started playing this game 7 years ago, I would have quit. I have been away for a year, and after only a few days, I realize just how much this addon adds to the game experience for me. I am not blaming Rythal at all, I totally understand his situation. I have donated many times in the past, and will continue to donate, but I really wish Blizzard would have a better collaboration w/ this addon, it just makes good business sense.

11-19-14, 04:58 PM   #8
Rayden42
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by daisybuttercup View Post
I am so confused right now. It seems I am seeing posts from people who portions of carbonite is still working for. It won't work at all for me. The icon shows on my mini map, and I can right click to get the menu, but I can not get the map or the quest tracker. I completely agree with the OP, Blizzard should pay for this addon to be a part of WoW. I do not enjoy the game nearly as much without it, and honestly, if I had not discovered it right away, when I first started playing this game 7 years ago, I would have quit. I have been away for a year, and after only a few days, I realize just how much this addon adds to the game experience for me. I am not blaming Rythal at all, I totally understand his situation. I have donated many times in the past, and will continue to donate, but I really wish Blizzard would have a better collaboration w/ this addon, it just makes good business sense.

You can install this into your addon Folder https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite it is working for me, you will also need to update your ace3 folder get the lmost recent ones http://www.wowace.com/addons/ace3/files/

11-23-14, 07:07 PM   #9
daisybuttercup
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rayden42 View Post
You can install this into your addon Folder https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite it is working for me, you will also need to update your ace3 folder get the lmost recent ones http://www.wowace.com/addons/ace3/files/
I normally don't say this to strangers but I LOVE YOUUUUUU! THANK YOU!!!

11-27-14, 11:01 AM   #10
Cardenlore
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rayden42 View Post
For those of us who have never used github, how does one use it?

I can see no download button or anything.

Can someone help me a bit?

Thank you.

11-27-14, 11:24 AM   #11
nightshade00013
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Cardenlore View Post
For those of us who have never used github, how does one use it?

I can see no download button or anything.

Can someone help me a bit?

Thank you.

On the right hand side there is a button that says "Download Zip" that is what you need as it downloads all the files in a zip folder. Extract the multiple folders that all start with "Carbonite" into your addons.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Do we have an ETA for Carbonite we are all lost with out it!