05-06-08, 03:39 PM   #1
NoRefund17
A Murloc Raider
ArcHud2 and Quartz problems

hey all, have a little problem for ya to take a crack at lol. Basically what happened is i have a bunch of different addons from many different places. I decided recently to upgrade all possible addons to ACE versions of the addons so its easier to keep them updated and working properly. I changed from bongo's to bartender etc etc. However, i already had archud and quartz (wich ARE ACE) but ever since "updating" them with the wow updater they aren't working. They are listed as "loaded" in my addons folder but neither of their icons shows up nore do either of their commands work to bring up their config windows (so /ah , /archud and /quartz don't bring up config windows) it acts as if they are not installed or loaded even though they are. Anybody know what could be causing this? Any help would be apreicated . Ty so much^^.

Some Side Info
-i'm running windows vista 32 bit
-I have ACE 2 and 3 installed
-Bartender which was installed using the ace updater is working properly as well as kgpanels.

ty again in advance
05-06-08, 03:57 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check to see if there is a folder named 'libs' in the archud2 and quartz folders, if not delete them and redownload them.

p.s., It's Ace, not ACE. It's not an acronym

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
05-06-08, 04:08 PM   #3
NoRefund17
A Murloc Raider
hey man thx for the reply^^. I checked and your right there is no "libs" folder in either of them, however i deleted the folders and re downloaded them using the Ace updater and its still not there. However, when i download it from curse gaming the lib folder IS there :/. Was i wrong in assuming your able to download plugins using Ace updater initially, or is this some kind of bug? Am i suppose to download it initially from curse and then only update using Ace updater?

Edit:
Just rechecked when i load and realized that the error message isnt just saying quartz, its mentioning like every single ace addon almost lol (besides xperl and kgpanels). So i must have something configured wrong with my Ace, i cant think of anything else. i guess il go check back and their site and trooble shoot for a bit. Il come back if i'm still having problems hehe. Ty so much for the help so far ..

o also i DL'ed quartz from curse, and it has the "libs" folder in it but still doesnt work for me >,<

Last edited by NoRefund17 : 05-06-08 at 04:19 PM.
05-06-08, 04:38 PM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

edit: also in your addons folder, press ctrl+f to search, then type .wau in the search box and press enter. Then delete all of those files, and then do the steps below.

Hmm..in preferences theres and option to not download externals, if it's check, uncheck it and vice-versa.

Last edited by Dreadlorde : 05-06-08 at 04:41 PM.
05-06-08, 04:49 PM   #5
NoRefund17
A Murloc Raider
very very nice seems to be working perfectly now . Ty so much for your help, i really appreciate it man^^
05-06-08, 07:05 PM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No problem.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » ArcHud2 and Quartz problems