12-09-09, 01:56 PM   #1
asdf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Addon for Tooltips

I have been using CowTip for my tooltips from before the time that WowAce stopped hosting addons and merged with Curse.

However, in patch 3.2 (yes 3.2), CowTip completely broke. I cannot access the settings in game, it does not change a single tooltip, it doesn't even seem to be running, even though it is clearly checked in the Addon List for my characters.

The author hasn't fixed this in months, so I'm looking to jump ship. However, I don't know any other good tooltip mods.

What I would like is the customizable features of CowTip and tooltips anchored to my mouse (they've been stuck with the Blizzard default of "bottom of your screen, out of sight, where you can barely see it" for so long, I think I'm going to scream).

CowTip never played well with Vehicles or Walls (hadn't been updated for them for the longest time), that would be really great to see those stats on mouseover too.

The things I miss most about CowTip customizable tooltips is having the background colored by the type of thing I was mousing over (friendly, hostile, npc, etc), having the name class colored, and being able to see a lot of custom information (i.e. guild rank, talents, etc).

I can live without talents (it never updated fast enough once they put in dual specs anyway, was always showing the last spec encountered, even if the player had switched specs since then), but I've never encountered another mod that could show me other players' ranks in their guild (hella useful for classifying someone as alt, veteran raider, officer, initiate, GM, etc. without them knowing), so that would be great if it could do that.

What good tooltip mods are out there, and does one of them fit my needs? Please help if you can.
12-09-09, 02:30 PM   #2
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
I use tiptop and get most of what you have. It does some pretty efficient stuff for me.
12-09-09, 03:16 PM   #3
asdf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by nickyjean View Post
I use tiptop and get most of what you have. It does some pretty efficient stuff for me.
Hmmm, well this is better than nothing, but not being able to offset from my cursor is a pain, I really liked being able to have it NOT cover up whatever I was mousing over when Cowtip was working.
12-09-09, 04:08 PM   #4
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I personally use TipTac, and it DOES allow you to offset from your cursor.
12-09-09, 04:46 PM   #5
asdf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
I personally use TipTac, and it DOES allow you to offset from your cursor.
PERFECT.

Thank you so much!
12-09-09, 05:18 PM   #6
saanlem
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use Tipsy, which allows me to change where I want the placeholder to appear ingame.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon for Tooltips