01-21-06, 04:49 AM   #41
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
0.32 released, with this version comes some of the final features hopefully and really feels like a solid and complete mod. Horizontal party frames are new, a minimap icon to toggle the options menu so you don't have to type anymore, and target info for combatdisplay are some of the new features.
01-23-06, 04:11 PM   #42
KowHunta
A Fallenroot Satyr
Could we get alpha options for just the background? I'd like to have completely transparent, or only slightly visible background.
01-23-06, 04:51 PM   #43
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'll look into how hard it is to toggle the background on and off. It would just be a toggle to go back to how it was though. I wouldn't be adding another transparency slider.
01-24-06, 07:49 PM   #44
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.34 released, some new features such as global loading/saving of settings and background transparency options have made it into this version.
01-25-06, 12:09 AM   #45
Adahma
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Global
New version of ArcaneBar is now available over at curse. Lemme know if it fixes the problem.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=2257
I just got around to getting the latest Perl (.34) and ArcaneBar(1900.5). The error message that I reported before went away, but the problem of the arcane bar not being in the actual frame is still happening. I snapped a picture of it: http://starport.org/arcane_bar.jpg

Hope that helps.
Adahma
01-25-06, 12:15 AM   #46
Gaean
A Fallenroot Satyr

Hey what gives...

Tried to open Perl Classic Unit Frames via the site search and recieved this error, "You are not authorized to view this file...". It's been like that most of the day. Any suggestions?
01-25-06, 12:50 AM   #47
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

@Adahma: Thanks for the pic, I'll check it out. Would you mind giving me a list of the mods you currently have installed?

@Gaean: This site requires permission to post new files, so that message pops up until they give the ok on the file. Check curse for the first updates and no wait time.
01-25-06, 10:29 AM   #48
Gaean
A Fallenroot Satyr

Yay back up! If I go to curse-gaming it's because I desperately went to look for an add-on that I couldn't find here, which doesn't happen much

Known Issues
------------
None!
Nothing truer has ever been said
01-25-06, 07:01 PM   #49
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.36 released, some more checks were added to the global load feature to prevent errors. buff/debuff scaling is also now supported on the target frame.
01-28-06, 11:36 AM   #50
KowHunta
A Fallenroot Satyr
I seem to be unable to make the health/mana/energy bars solid, and the background completely transparent. I think the 2 transparencies are conflicting. Any ideas?
01-28-06, 01:49 PM   #51
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Here's how this mod handles transparency. You have the entire frame transparency which is set to 100% solid by default. Then you have a "transparent background" option which give just the background of the frame roughly a 75% solid background (like it was for the first 35 versions or so). Then you have the top portion of the health/mana bars that will be the same transparency as the entire frame. The background of these bars is set to 25% solid and can not be changed in the options. Also worth noting is that the textures bars do now show on the background of these bars as I'm sure you've noticed. If your goal is to make that background bar be totally hidden which I think it is, you have some work ahead of you since it wasn't planned to do that, but it's very easy work at least.

For example, in Perl_Player.lua if you wanted to hide the back of the hp bar in non progressive color mode, you would go to line 222 which reads:

Perl_Player_HealthBarBG:SetStatusBarColor(0, 0.8, 0, 0.25);

and change it to:

Perl_Player_HealthBarBG:SetStatusBarColor(0, 0.8, 0, 0);

The last number is the transparency setting which can be anything from 0 to 1. If you wanted to change the mana bar, go to line 303 and make the appropriate changes in the section that reads:

function Perl_Player_Update_Mana_Bar()

I know it sounds like a lot to do, but it's a fairly easy change, might get annoying when new versions come out though. Hope that helps some.
01-28-06, 02:22 PM   #52
KowHunta
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Global
Here's how this mod handles transparency. You have the entire frame transparency which is set to 100% solid by default. Then you have a "transparent background" option which give just the background of the frame roughly a 75% solid background (like it was for the first 35 versions or so). Then you have the top portion of the health/mana bars that will be the same transparency as the entire frame. The background of these bars is set to 25% solid and can not be changed in the options. Also worth noting is that the textures bars do now show on the background of these bars as I'm sure you've noticed. If your goal is to make that background bar be totally hidden which I think it is, you have some work ahead of you since it wasn't planned to do that, but it's very easy work at least.

For example, in Perl_Player.lua if you wanted to hide the back of the hp bar in non progressive color mode, you would go to line 222 which reads:

Perl_Player_HealthBarBG:SetStatusBarColor(0, 0.8, 0, 0.25);

and change it to:

Perl_Player_HealthBarBG:SetStatusBarColor(0, 0.8, 0, 0);

The last number is the transparency setting which can be anything from 0 to 1. If you wanted to change the mana bar, go to line 303 and make the appropriate changes in the section that reads:

function Perl_Player_Update_Mana_Bar()

I know it sounds like a lot to do, but it's a fairly easy change, might get annoying when new versions come out though. Hope that helps some.

Awesome! A checkbox to hide the background would be cool, but in the meantime I'm hoping this does the trick! I'm really all about lightweight stuff, and I like the Perl setup you've got going. I'm hoping this'll be just what I'm looking for!
02-05-06, 01:29 PM   #53
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.41 released, just a translation fix for the korean client. also worth mentioning are new versions of player_buff and arcanebar over on curse, which can be found here: http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=2257
02-06-06, 12:13 PM   #54
Vudoo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Adahma
I just got around to getting the latest Perl (.34) and ArcaneBar(1900.5). The error message that I reported before went away, but the problem of the arcane bar not being in the actual frame is still happening. I snapped a picture of it: http://starport.org/arcane_bar.jpg

Hope that helps.
Adahma
I've had this happen to me, too, but only for my healer classes. I discovered it was Groupheal that caused the problem. If you also have Groupheal, then here's a fix: Add Perl_ArcaneBar after Perl as one of the optional dependencies in the Groupheal.toc file. Try that and let me know if it works.

- Vudoo
02-06-06, 02:46 PM   #55
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Nice bug hunt there. Hopefully in the latest version it shouldn't matter since i set its location on every update. That good info though for dependency related screw ups and what symptoms are
02-15-06, 12:38 AM   #56
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.42 released, this version brings player and target portraits which people have been asking for for as long as I can remember. This version also allows you to save window positions and reset frames to a default layout as well.
02-16-06, 01:07 PM   #57
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.43 released, mostly a bug fix release. portraits will now work correctly when logging in, negative health detection should be working much better, party pets should no longer display null health, and party frames should remember their state when zoning.
02-17-06, 05:12 PM   #58
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

0.44 released, this version brings percents while in compact mode along with a few bug fixes that have managed to stay alive this long.
02-26-06, 12:08 PM   #59
Global
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

New version released, here is the changelog:

0.45 - February 25, 2006
- Party: Added another check for hidden status
- Party: Fixed incorrect data being shown when reloading the interface without relogging
- Pet: Removed the happiness frame for warlocks
- Pet: Warlock pets will now display mana as mana instead of focus
- Player: Your name will now be above the casting bar if ArcaneBar is being used
- Player: Clicking on the portrait frame will now target yourself
- Player/Target: Added 3D portraits as an option
- Player/Target: Can now toggle combat text display on the portrait
- ToT: Added visual and audio alerts for three different types of situations
- ToT: Fixed a bug regarding MobHealth toggling

Enjoy!
03-01-06, 12:30 PM   #60
TheGecko
A Kobold Labourer
Lovely replacement for the standard unit frames One quick question, how do I get the unit frames for all members of my raid to use perl as well ? It's working fine in party mode, but under raid it's still running the original unit frames (using latest version of CTRA and perl, as of today).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Perl Classic Unit Frames