01-06-06, 11:52 AM   #21
Xtok
A Defias Bandit
I just got them working, the problem is the autoconfigure, if you don't hit autoconfigure it will save them and they will work
01-06-06, 12:05 PM   #22
Naka
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xtok
I just got them working, the problem is the autoconfigure, if you don't hit autoconfigure it will save them and they will work
Alright I will try that at lunch... Stupid job...
01-06-06, 12:22 PM   #23
BWDemor
A Murloc Raider
I too have seen this, but only twice, but neither way it happened were the same and I have yet to repro it.

But it does sound like the Auto-Config might be a problem

Thanks
BW
01-06-06, 01:23 PM   #24
que2
A Defias Bandit

I wonder why the autoconfigure would cause this problem. Please post to let us know if that fixes the issue. Thanks!
01-06-06, 01:32 PM   #25
Naka
A Murloc Raider
Well so far so good with not touching autoconfigure. I logged in, had no keybindings set on my DAB bars. I opened up DAB options and went into DABs keybindings. Just set one so I wouldnt waste my time. Tested the bind, it worked. I went to Exit Game in the Esc menu, and quit. Loaded WoW again, and my binding WAS still set. I havent testing much more, but so far so good...
01-06-06, 01:38 PM   #26
sanderrs
A Defias Bandit
I have got it working. Finaly.

open /dab
Go to keybiding
On the right side you got 2 button where you can put youre key binding in.
Just fill them up. I didt only the first 12 (main bar).
After that close /dab with the cross
Relog / Reboot the game and there still there

Dont hit the auto-config button
01-06-06, 02:01 PM   #27
Naka
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by sanderrs
I have got it working. Finaly.

open /dab
Go to keybiding
On the right side you got 2 button where you can put youre key binding in.
Just fill them up. I didt only the first 12 (main bar).
After that close /dab with the cross
Relog / Reboot the game and there still there

Dont hit the auto-config button

Yep, exactly the same thing I did, no problems at all yet...
01-06-06, 03:27 PM   #28
que2
A Defias Bandit

What does the "Autoconfigure" do that breaks the key binding save? Does anyone know...?
01-06-06, 04:21 PM   #29
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

Ooooooh, it erases the keys DAB saves for each keybinding. So the next time you log in, DAB sees there's no key saved for the keybinding and clears the keybinding. Fixed for next version.
01-06-06, 06:17 PM   #30
Ravenwing
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
From what I read I am under the impression that it is only the keybindings for action bars that are not saving for some ppl. I change my movment keybings and a couple of others, these are the ones not saving for me i.e. the default keybindings for movement always load no matter what I change them too.

I've tried the fixes suggested in this topic but hav still had no success. Can anyone help?

Last edited by Ravenwing : 01-06-06 at 06:58 PM.
01-06-06, 08:37 PM   #31
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

Hmmm, just noticed the UPDATE_BINDINGS event no longer gets thrown. That's what DAB always used to know when to save your keybindings. Even the default UI's action buttons still use it to update thier keybinding text. Must be a bug in patch 1.9. So definitely use DAB's Keybindings window until that's fixed.
01-07-06, 03:29 AM   #32
facboy
A Murloc Raider
maybe it's part of the new keybindings changes? you could always hook the 'SaveBindings' function
01-07-06, 07:21 AM   #33
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

Aye, I already did that last night while working on a big update for DAB. It's not a good idea to hook such a commonly used function though. Hopefully the old event gets fixed. The default action buttons still use it to know when to update thier keybinding text afterall.
01-07-06, 10:01 AM   #34
Nitrius
A Defias Bandit
So far now, not use the WoW Keybinds to make keybinds for DAB?
01-07-06, 10:45 AM   #35
Arin
A Fallenroot Satyr
Correct, do not use the WoW Keybindings for DAB. And do not use the Auto Configure in DAB, until the next version is released. Use the manual keybindings in DAB.
01-07-06, 11:40 AM   #36
facboy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Lozareth
Aye, I already did that last night while working on a big update for DAB. It's not a good idea to hook such a commonly used function though. Hopefully the old event gets fixed. The default action buttons still use it to know when to update thier keybinding text afterall.
oh ok. is that from a performance/stability/both viewpoint? i didn't think it was actually used that much, in the sense that people don't change their keybindings *that* often...do they?
01-08-06, 12:17 PM   #37
Metron
A Defias Bandit
What I found that worked was to first put in the keybindings in DAB, then go into the WoW keybindings and simply hit OKAY.

On tests, I found that if you put in the keybindings in DAB, then go into the WoW Keybindings and his esc, it acted the same as if you logged out and you would immediately lose your DAB keybindings, Autoconfigure or no. But when you pressed OKAY in the WoW Keybindings, it took and you could log off and back on successfully.

- Met
01-09-06, 06:48 AM   #38
Shila
A Murloc Raider
I have a weird problem: the keybindings for my pala char save perfectly, but for my other char, a druid, they don't no matter what I do. I'm using page changing for shapeshifting and everything works well but those keybindings, they don't save for ANY of my druid's bars. All settings are pretty same for both chars, except changing pages uneeded by my paladin. What's wrong??
01-09-06, 09:05 AM   #39
tonester
A Murloc Raider
Hmm... This is strange. I USE to have keybinding issues quite some time ago, and the way I fixed it was quite the opposite of what everyone else is stating here.

Here is what I do and I've never had a keybind issue since.

1) I have a profile for each class (lots of alts). So, I'd create a new Profile called "Rogue" or whatever.

2) I'd set up my button layout.

3) I'd add any floaters I needed.

4) I would then go into Keybindings from DAB and hit auto-configure. I wouldn't change a single keybinding from within DAB, it just took too long in my opinion.

5) I would then exit DAB and hit ESCAPE and go into the Keybindings menu from within WoW. I would scroll down past all the default WoW bindings for bars, buttons, menus, etc.

6) Find the DAB keybindings. I would bind keys to Main Bar Button 1, Bar 2 Button 1, etc.

7) I would hit OKAY or CLOSE or whatever it is and play the game.

Using that method, I've never had a problem with DAB keybinds.
01-09-06, 09:55 AM   #40
Shila
A Murloc Raider
I already tried that, not working

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » DAB Keybindings