11-16-09, 05:52 PM   #1
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Auction House sellers

I'm curious if anyone has ever seen something like this before.

Basically an addon that has the ability to scan the AH and through the scanned data allow you to see a percentage or list of sellers in a category. Think along the lines of like a market share view to see where toons stand.

Is it even possible?
11-16-09, 06:10 PM   #2
Katae
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
With the data that auction mods collect, this is quite possible. Though, I know of no addons that do this kind of search.

You could always make a feature request to the authors.
11-17-09, 02:08 AM   #3
front243
Premium Member
Premium Member
I am pretty sure "Market Watcher" shows the top seller of the items you are "watching".

If you want to dig down on a specific seller the general search in auctioneer let you search for a particular player.

Not exactly what you asked for but I hope you can use it.
11-17-09, 06:55 AM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thank you both for the responses.

I've used Market Watcher before and it's great for tracking individual items and their pricing histories. I don't believe that one will fit what I'm looking for as I'd like to be able to see all the sellers in an entire category.

For instance being able to see the entire Gems category showing sellers names in a descending/ascending list by number of total auctions in that category only. Kind of a way to see who the main sellers/re sellers are.

Odd request I know. I'll have to go through more of Auctioneers settings and see if I missed something there also.
11-17-09, 07:52 AM   #5
zero-kill
A Firelord

So you want to be able to see 'who' is selling the most of 'what' you want based on percentages? You'd have to keep a running database, doing a scan of the AH every 8-12 hours to keep current info (even less on popular items) and then being able to distribute the data into the current UI or seperate window showing the most items a person is selling and the average cost per stack/item, etc.

Sure sounds feasible, but who wants to code it? I certainly wish I had the chops to do so.

OR

To make it simpler, what about a syntax that allows one to just search the name of the particular person and all their auctions! Now that would be slick, I could have sworn there was another game that had something like that in it.

Last edited by zero-kill : 11-17-09 at 07:55 AM.
11-17-09, 05:07 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
So you want to be able to see 'who' is selling the most of 'what' you want based on percentages?
Pretty much in a nutshell. Definitely not looking for item specific though.

Like front243 mentioned, Market Watcher does an incredible job handling specific items. For instance if you had the urge to see pricing trends of saronite ore that one would be excellent.

I'm thinking more category wide. I know Auctioneer has the ability to slow scan specific ones, which I believe would be necessary to obtain the seller names and not just pricing data.

Hmm, may have to see if they or someone on Norganna's forums can create an Auctioneer plugin much like BigPicture is.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Auction House sellers