01-21-10, 09:52 AM   #1
ormjaevel
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
nmainbar - load two different

Hello.

I'm using nMainbar and I'm using keybind on my main(ofc) so I just show one action bar.

The problem is that I want to level up a new char and I want the bars to show, but not on my main.

I'm to lazy to change in .lua all the time so I was wondering if I can do something so I dont have to change in the .lua file to get the bars and disable the bars?

Thankful for answers.
(i've tryed to make a new map called nMainbars and put it in AddOns folder but doesnt help - addon doesnt come up in addon list)
01-21-10, 12:49 PM   #2
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by ormjaevel View Post
Hello.

I'm using nMainbar and I'm using keybind on my main(ofc) so I just show one action bar.

The problem is that I want to level up a new char and I want the bars to show, but not on my main.

I'm to lazy to change in .lua all the time so I was wondering if I can do something so I dont have to change in the .lua file to get the bars and disable the bars?

Thankful for answers.
(i've tryed to make a new map called nMainbars and put it in AddOns folder but doesnt help - addon doesnt come up in addon list)
Just renaming the folder doesn't work, since WoW could care less what the folder name is. It uses the .toc file inside to know which files to load and also, what to label them in the addon list.
01-21-10, 12:57 PM   #3
zero-kill
A Firelord

You uncheck the addon from the character selection screen. There's a drop-down menu on the top left corner of the addons window that allows you to switch characters.

Unless of course you're wanting something called a Profile. Then you can set the profile within the addon options usually, save your current one as something and then change it for the Main.
01-21-10, 01:01 PM   #4
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
You uncheck the addon from the character selection screen. There's a drop-down menu on the top left corner of the addons window that allows you to switch characters.

Unless of course you're wanting something called a Profile. Then you can set the profile within the addon options usually, save your current one as something and then change it for the Main.
His problem is that the addon only allows lua configuration, so its unlikely that profiles are supported, even though that is what he wants.

Having 2 copies of the addon, while annoying, would fix the issue, but you'd have to be sure to have only one enabled at a time. The only way to do that, would be to change the .toc of one copy of the addon to register itself under a different name.
01-21-10, 01:03 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by harrellj View Post
Just renaming the folder doesn't work, since WoW could care less what the folder name is. It uses the .toc file inside to know which files to load and also, what to label them in the addon list.
Not 100% true. WoW does care what the folder is named. But the folder name and the file name of the .toc file have to match perfectly.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-21-10, 01:03 PM   #6
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Let me get this straight... You want nMainbars enabled for your character only? If so, just disable it for your other characters.

If you want to change a configuration variable for a different character, then you can do so like this:
Code:
local name = UnitName('player')

local somevar = true
if name =="Yourcharname" then
    somevar = false
end
01-22-10, 03:57 AM   #7
ormjaevel
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
Let me get this straight... You want nMainbars enabled for your character only? If so, just disable it for your other characters.

If you want to change a configuration variable for a different character, then you can do so like this:
Code:
local name = UnitName('player')

local somevar = true
if name =="Yourcharname" then
    somevar = false
end
Well.. I want nMainbar for both my characters, but I want the "multileft" and "multiright"-bar to show ONLY for my alt.

Code:
    multiBarBottomLeft = {
        mouseover           = false,
        alpha               = 0,
    },

multiBarBottomRight = {
        alpha               = 0,
    },
Thats for my main

and I want this for my alt:
Code:
    multiBarBottomLeft = {
        alpha               = 1,
    },

multiBarBottomRight = {
        alpha               = 1,
    },
01-22-10, 09:45 AM   #8
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
Perhaps I'm missing something here, but I just use the Blizzard options to turn the extra bars on and off. I have only two bars on one character, three on another (at the bottom), and it's all using the same setup in the .lua file.

Edited to add: Just to clarify, I mean that I am using nMainbar in this way, not some other bar addon or the default UI.

Last edited by Roane : 01-22-10 at 09:56 AM.
01-22-10, 09:53 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Roane View Post
Perhaps I'm missing something here, but I just use the Blizzard options to turn the extra bars on and off. I have only two bars on one character, three on another (at the bottom), and it's all using the same setup in the .lua file.
That would only work if the addons that create bars use that option to control display. If this addon doesn't do that then the only way would be to have 2 copies of the addon under different names, different WTF storage variable name and possibly some other changes in the lua files if there are alot of global functions/data that will differ between the two characters.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » nmainbar - load two different