01-27-10, 02:29 PM   #1
Reflexive
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Custom Interface Scaling

I'm not sure if my thread topic was the best, I couldn't figure out a way to give a general idea of what I am needing information on without using the "HELPERZ ME?!?!??!!!!!!1" idea. (Yes, I read through the forums).

My situation: I have a disability, yes... I consider it a disability, which would be that I play at a 1440x900 resolution. It's the maximum, best quality WS that my monitor will allow.

Situation at hand: I'm not a addon author, I know how to generally move some stuff around, but my capabilities are limited. Most custom UI's are built in very high resolutions.

I'm wondering, since I play at a 1440x900 resolution (Aspect ration 1.6) if there is a way to scale some of the custom interfaces to fit my resolution?

Or, if there is an addon or something to assist with this? (Would be very helpful to probably most if there was.)

I'd also like to make a suggestion, which would probably go into another thread, well 2 of them that is.
1.) To define the resolution(s) within the UI pages, such as where you see the amount of downloads, date updated, and so forth.
2.) To have the ability to click "Compliations and Suites" and see the subcategories listed, as they are now. With the list of each and every Compilation and Suite under neath in the fashion they are listed when clicking on a subcategory.

I don't mean the 2 suggestions in any way as a negative toward WoWI. I just feel for people like me, which there is probably quite a few out there, that something like this will be very disability-friendly.

Anyway... Back to my original post, anyone have any information as far as how to scale custom UI's within the same aspect ratio, to fit a lower or high resolution? Or any addon or other information which would help.

PS: Before I get the "Search the forums" reply. I'd like to state that I have used search, with multiple different keywords and tried searching thru the forums as much as I could manually; and came out with nothing.

Thank you in advance!
01-27-10, 03:02 PM   #2
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
Have you tried FluidFrames yet?

Despite my puzzling in another thread on how to do exactly what you're asking for, I think that mods like FluidFrames are your best option, as it will allow you to scale (or move) almost any frame in the game.
01-27-10, 03:07 PM   #3
Reflexive
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Roane View Post
Have you tried FluidFrames yet?

Despite my puzzling in another thread on how to do exactly what you're asking for, I think that mods like FluidFrames are your best option, as it will allow you to scale (or move) almost any frame in the game.
I actually was just looking that over from the mention of it in a seperate post. After looking over the addon's description and features. It seem's more so like an addon to move the default blizzard frames around.

What I am more so referring to is the Custom Interfaces made by others, or actually setup up by others within WoWI with high resolutions, how to scale them down to fit a lower resolution within the same aspect ratio.
01-27-10, 03:15 PM   #4
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
It will move almost anything, even custom UI elements. I principally have used it for the default UI, because that's just what I've been doing lately. I previously used DiscordFrameModifier (essentially the same functionality) when I had a highly customized UI with custom art behind custom action bars and all sorts of other fanciness, and it worked fine with that.

Any of the big three (FluidFrames, MoveAnything, and I think I heard that DFM is back) should do what you're looking for.

Edited to add: Discord Frame Modifier is now Chaos Frame Modifier, available on this site.
01-27-10, 05:24 PM   #5
ffxiedyn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Hi, I am trying to use Chaos Frame Modifier myself, yet I ran across this issue today...

I have posted in the mod comment section as well.

The issue is the portrait and name/etc. of the PaperDollFrame doesn't move/resize with the frame, nor does it register a frame name when moused over.

So I am at a loss as how to make it move/resize or even hiding would work at this point!!

Thanks.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Custom Interface Scaling