12-14-05, 07:32 PM   #1
T.King
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
T.King's Winterwood for World of Warcraft

T.King's Winterwood for World of Warcraft - version 1.0

Description

Winterwood is based on my Elfwood design, it has been altered to reflect the winter season. Please be aware that these are initial releases, further refinements will be made to greatly enhance the overall theme.

* This theme will be receiving an optional patch before Christmas, that adds the option of Holiday Lights, and possible Holiday Ornaments/Decorations, to celebrate this Holiday Season in the amazing World of Warcraft.
Elfwood is a nature based theme using vines, ivy, leaves, and tree roots. The amethyst stone represents the mystical magic of the Elves.

* This is a rather detailed theme, with all of the twisting and interwoven vines forming the very framework of panels. The concept was to organize vines into the existing framework, while maintaining the randomness of nature. Vines tend to grow up and around things, so it makes perfect sense to see defined shapes using vines.

This theme has been tested with many addons, and has worked wonderfully thus far.

Latest News - Updated Information:

* December 14th, 2005
  • I will be patching in refinements to further improve the overall theme. (see release notes)
    Be sure to read installation instructions, and any “Special notes” below.
  • I'm planning to release an optional holiday patch before Christmas, adding Holiday Lights and possibly Ornaments.

You can download this theme at the following link here on wowinterface.com:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4408

Release notes:

This is my third release of a graphical conversion interface. This interface contains T.King original artwork and design. Some planned enhancements to this theme are:
  • Sharpened graphics and contrasts. When WoW draws the interface to scale, pixels are resampled in a way that smooths out details. The work-around for this as I've discovered, is careful planning with the use of contrasting colours.
  • The cursor needs to be incorporated, this won't take long at all.

Installation instructions:
  • Save TKing_Winterwood1.zip to your World of Warcraft folder, and extract. Allow it to overwrite files if prompted to do so, unless you suspect there are custom graphics belonging to an addon (in any case this shouldn’t be a problem).
(PLEASE NOTE) When you select Extract All, make sure the destination for the extraction is \program files\world of warcraft - and not \program files\world of warcraft\TKing_Winterwood1\ - simply backspace over the \TKing_Winterwood1 path.
  • The .zip file creates the folder \data\interface with additional subfolders containing the graphics (.blp) files. To remove this theme, simply remove the subfolders beneath \data\interface.
  • Launch World of Warcraft.

That’s all there is to it!

Still having problems installing this theme? try the following:
  • Please make sure when you select and right-click the file: TKing_Winterwood1.zip to extract it, that you are choosing the option to "Extract Here", here being the current folder of: \Program Files\World of Warcraft.
  • Those who have WinRar on their systems, have the context menu option to extract the files to a folder with the same name as the .zip file, which would be: \Program Files\World of Warcraft\TKing_Winterwood1, this method is incorrect. Do not select the option to extract to a path, as all the necessary paths are already stored within TKing_Winterwood1.zip.
  • Extract TKing_Winterwood1.zip into the folder: \Program Files\World of Warcraft. TKing_Winterwood1.zip will not place any files in the root World of Warcraft folder. It will create the necessary subfolders for the custom interface graphics.

Special notes:
  • I'm working on implementing a installation program for the update. This installation program will be released with updates that include the cursor for this theme.

Kuvasie and I will do our best to answer all questions regarding this interface. Thank you for using Wowinterface.com.

Team credits:

- Artwork/Design by T.King. | [email protected]
- Coded/Edited and Tested by S.Buchanon. (Kuvasie) | [email protected]

Special mentions:
  • A very special heart felt thanks to Kuvasie for helping me bring this UI to life, her hard work and dedication are as always unrelenting.

T.King Art:

http://tkingart.com

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]
12-14-05, 08:53 PM   #2
svartalfimposter
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I applaud your continuing efforts, sir!
12-15-05, 12:18 AM   #3
fragment-wow
A Defias Bandit
NIce work

I just wanted to say you always amase me. I used you mods in EQ and I use them now In WoW keep up the good work!

Frag out!!!
12-15-05, 02:12 AM   #4
kazomi
A Murloc Raider
I wanna use that cursor so bad.
12-15-05, 02:54 AM   #5
Ringo Flinthammer
A Murloc Raider

Awesome! And this makes a nice Khaz Modan theme for those of us from there, until a dwarf/gnome/Khaz Modan/Ironforge/Gnomeregan theme comes down the pike.
12-15-05, 07:49 AM   #6
Sarasie
A Murloc Raider
Beautiful work

I used your ui's in EQ as well and am so glad your back.

When will you be able to do a all in one bag? OR can i add one and your graphics still be around it?
12-17-05, 10:34 AM   #7
T.King
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Sarasie
Beautiful work

I used your ui's in EQ as well and am so glad your back.

When will you be able to do a all in one bag? OR can i add one and your graphics still be around it?
I'm compiling a list of 'most-popular' mods, so that we can see what it would take to make a my themes work with them all. The one-bag is on that list, along with Titan-panel. I'm hoping we can get the patches out first thing in January.

I'd like to thank the entire World of Warcraft community for such a warm welcome and kind regards.

Creating themes for a fantastic MMORPG like World of Warcraft is such a blast.

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]
12-17-05, 12:12 PM   #8
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
very awsome,
just one thing that bugs me though is the snow covering the end of the HP bar, makes its hard to see when you're going to die when on low HP. could you tell me how to open the blp file so I could edit it to not cover the HP bar?
12-17-05, 05:11 PM   #9
Leary
A Kobold Labourer

Originally Posted by Andeh
very awsome,
just one thing that bugs me though is the snow covering the end of the HP bar, makes its hard to see when you're going to die when on low HP. could you tell me how to open the blp file so I could edit it to not cover the HP bar?
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=277

Download that and it won't be an issue. I use the above mod and this theme by Tom and I see my health and mana just fine.

And sorry to post a url to another UI site here, but I didn't see it on this site.
12-20-05, 06:05 AM   #10
Corsix
A Kobold Labourer
Would it be possible for you to skin the UI tooltip?
Also, on your list of popular mods, FlexBar and Diivskins would be nice
12-28-05, 07:57 PM   #11
Moonfireftw
A Kobold Labourer
Uninstalling

im having trouble uninstalling the winterwood skin, ive tried removing program file from the list but it keeps popping back up each tiem i log on to my UI skin. how can i switch back to the default WoW UI skins?
03-10-06, 04:28 AM   #12
statrick
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by kazomi
I wanna use that cursor so bad.

will we ever be able to use the cursors?

it looks awesome, and i would love to use it
03-30-06, 04:35 AM   #13
Oryia
A Defias Bandit

T. King, Just logged into here thanks to a friend and came across your work, I used alot of your U.I.s in EQ and wife still does, I am very happy to see you have extended your talents to other games! Now its time to change the look of my UI..Thank you Again!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » T.King's Winterwood for World of Warcraft