01-08-06, 11:33 AM   #21
Itanius
Wrath of Evil

Premium Member
In case you guys haven't figured it out by now, Loz likes to do things his way, and likes having total control over his things.

01-08-06, 11:57 AM   #22
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by guice
hehe, funny to see where things went in this thread.

All I can say, is while I can feel one's pain about the site being down all the time, I have seen work from Loz about remedying that; which is excellent. I was even going to offer to mirror downloads, myself, but I can see everything's working out now.

I think the issue is that you, Andeh, need to post an apology for your initial post instead of trying to back up your point even farther. And sorry, this isn't a real apology; Sorry for the rant, but I take exception when people treat me like some kid, when they have no idea who I am. Little do you know im probably alot older than you. You are treated the way you act, no different. On web forums, age means nothing; your words mean everything.

The community is just saying you have every right to be fustrated, just don't take it publicly. If you have a problem with Loz's site email him privately (or send him a PM) with a resolution. If you're unable to provide a resolution, then you really don't have a voice in the matter. I'm Sorry, that's just how it works in the web community.
Firstly, I know how the web community works, thanks
Secondly, yes you're right I do have the right to be frustrated, and yes you're right, I should'nt take it publicaly. But it's not you're place to tell me how I should appologise for something, although I do appologies for the way I expressed my feelings on this matter.
I just wish people in the community could be a bit more helpfull...

01-08-06, 12:14 PM   #23
Keali
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Andeh
Firstly, I know how the web community works, thanks
Secondly, yes you're right I do have the right to be frustrated, and yes you're right, I should'nt take it publicaly. But it's not you're place to tell me how I should appologise for something, although I do appologies for the way I expressed my feelings on this matter.
The people in WoW's UI forums are very helpfull. I don't know how much time you've spent looking at the forums, but take a few minutes to read a few threads in Blizzard's UI Forum, then go rad a few in the General Forum. You'll most likely come back with a new found respect for the help that many people give.

Granted, those people who humble themselves and come asking for help graciously tend to get more help then people who rant, but help is normally given no matter what. If you have not recieved an answer to your question, it is likely because there was no direct answer for it. I did see that some people listed alternatives, and links even, to help solve the problem though.

It's a bit more difficult to help a person who storms in, demands things, and storms out then somebody who comes in and asks politely. I noticed that you have far more responces in here defending yourself then just simply saying Thank You! for any of the alternatives that people have offered you.

01-08-06, 12:57 PM   #24
Keovar
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Andeh
theres not link anywhere on that site to download that layout.
It's been said many times, many ways, on many boards, but I prefer the classic:

Read. > Comprehend. > Post.

01-08-06, 12:59 PM   #25
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Where did you have problems and this community didn't assist (to the best of their abilities)? We'll get that fixed.

01-08-06, 01:34 PM   #26
kanzaki
A Murloc Raider
Not to detract any further from the topic at hand but take a look at your posts in this thread Andeh. People treat you like a child because you act like one. I agree with everyone else if you want to complain about something that is out of Lozareth's control then go somewhere else. As I have heard from reading posts on multiple forums is that not only has he been working on FULL new versions of his mods and updating them for 1.9 as well but heis also working to try and fix his website. Which would you prefer first? Personally I am glad the mod came first and the website second. It hasn't even been a week since his site went down. Be patient and stop being an arse (pardon the language but I had no other word that fit best).

Just let me explain a little further before you get angry because I said you acted. Go back and read your posts. You are basically telling Loz that he needs to fix his website because you need to download something. Believe me you are not the only one but most of us are patient enough to wait for him to do what he needs to do. He does after all work for free to bring us great mods that we apparently can't live without (I know I can't). So take a step back before you react to us calling you a child or before you flame us for it.

Anyways thanks Lozareth you have posted on almost any topic no matter how big or small and you have brought a mod that is probably one of the most popular mods on the planet (well many not just one). So thank you and ignore people like this guy who can do nothing but complain.

01-08-06, 01:37 PM   #27
BigTimeWeb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
OOO...OOOO.....PICK ME!....PICK ME!.....I WANT TO HELP HIM LEARN TO HELP HIMSELF!!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...neebler%22+WoW

And to follow up all all the moaning about Loz's hosting. He very clearly stated on these very forums in the last 2 days that he does in fact have a new host - hes rebuilding the forums, and site on the new server.

He is an independant developer, who produces the best UI mods available to the WoW community, who is actually modding and testing on the TEST server - which is a lot more than I can say for others.

Why would he want to create an atmosphere of nepotism and bias with one UI supporting site over another by hosting on this server?

The updated mods are availble RIGHT HERE to download. He provides the mods and graciously lets other share theirs for your convenience. I cant belive you are whining about being inconvenienced when the mods are right here to download! Hes done his job! Not only that hes right here helping and answering posts - what more do you want?.

Last edited by BigTimeWeb : 01-08-06 at 01:45 PM.

01-08-06, 03:11 PM   #28
Yuddha
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Andeh,

Maybe you should just send Loz a donation so he can afford to pay for his new host.

01-08-06, 04:05 PM   #29
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
This is unacceptable. Some of you have been members of the *Interface.com sites long enough to know better. Some of you are new to our sites. To those that are new to us, go read the sticky thread in the chit chat forum "Holy Site Rules of WoWI".

I know why Loz hasn't taken us up on our offer. I am fine with it. It is his choice. I merely reiterate the offer.

This thread stops, here and now.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Site for UI's Using Discord?