02-17-07, 09:11 PM   #101
Tenagra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'd love to see Vanoskos added to the compilation. It's very handy for people on pvp servers.

It's an ace addon that lets you keep a kill on site list and generates proximity warnings. If someone ganks you and you want to be sure you return the favor each and every time they are near, you just add their name through the ui(either individual players or guilds). Any time your ui picks them up as being near you, a prominent raid warning style message flashes their name across the middle of your screen along with an audible warning which can be turned off and on.

I can't tell you the times it's warned me of 70's flying over where i couldn't see them, before they had a chance to dismount and drop down on top of me. It's saved me many ganks, and has even allowed me to get a few paybacks.

Thus far, i've had no conflicts using it with mazzleui.

Edit:
Just received confirmation from Nargiddley over at wowace about the functionality of baggins, so i thought i'd add my two cents in about perhaps replacing it with onebag.

I realize that the all in one bag almost didn't make it in, and i've read a post that baggins perhaps has better memory usage than onebag. I tested this tonight, and on my ui, i actually went from 40mb with baggins to 38-39mb with the full onebag suite (onebag, onebank, onering, oneview, and onestorage).

My reasoning for the change is two fold:

1. There is no option to let you have a simple all in one bag that you can drag and drop items into the order you wish. Thought there would be, but i received confirmation for Nargiddley, the baggins author, tonight(http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=4055.180), that this was not possible with his mod.

2. The onebag suite includes the added functionality of being able to view your bank anywhere while using less memory(less for me at least, in an admittedly limited test).

I can survive either way. It's not that difficult for me to switch over to onebag on my own, so if this doesn't happen, it's not that big a deal. Just thought i'd weigh in on the issue. If this is a dead horse, then no worries, i'm married, so i'm used to being ignored

Last edited by Tenagra : 02-17-07 at 10:11 PM.

02-17-07, 10:38 PM   #102
Jitterss
A Kobold Labourer
Hot spot don't work

Originally Posted by kermitus
WOW TigerHeart you really did your homework. I will take your word for it. I don't want to track prices for a month and make a bunch of mistakes. Although it was a lazys mans tool, I know beacuse I am lazy

Moveing on...

I have this box thats on my UI when I load, there is a screenshot attached so you can see what I am talking about. I was woundering what add-on managed this? when I use something in that box, like prospecting or something the box just goes away, how do i get it back? This has puzzled me for quite some time now..

SUGGESTION - Identify this box

Thanks,
Kermit

I can't get the hot spot to reopne this box, Other than that I love this whole UI set. There are a few things I am still trying to figure out . I did add vBagnon pack and Cartographer, evrything seems to be working very well.

Thanks Mazzle

02-17-07, 10:53 PM   #103
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Jitterss
I can't get the hot spot to reopne this box, Other than that I love this whole UI set. There are a few things I am still trying to figure out . I did add vBagnon pack and Cartographer, evrything seems to be working very well.

Thanks Mazzle
That box is the MazzleUI Context Menu, which stores your professions and other such things by default. You can reopen it using the inside-right HotSpot (the HotSpot directly to the left of the time display) or by using the context menu keybinding. The default keybinding is SHIFT-MOUSEBUTTON4...but you can rebind this to something else in MyBindings.

Lemme know if you have any more questions. Also remember that questions like these are all answered in the in-game FAQ accessible through the MazzleOptions panel, and you can save yourself and us testers a lot of time by reading through that FAQ. A lot of time went into its writing, and it really answers most of the questions that new MazzleUI users have.

MazzleUI v1.0 Coming Soon to an Interface Near You!
http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com/

02-20-07, 07:23 AM   #104
Aigor
A Murloc Raider
nice Ui !!!
my suggestions are FubarQuest Fu ( probably imo best than monkey quest) and Bartender more functionality than Bongos

02-20-07, 12:50 PM   #105
leoshaw2112
A Murloc Raider

Firstly, downloaded MazzleUI the other night as I was tired of trying to find the right mix of addon's and since I'm usless at organzing my screen setup it become rather, well, umm...cluttered, so this is fantastic for me. I would have like to suggest, if no-one has done so before, the addition of a section entitled 'Roleplay Addons'. Since I play on a RP server as many other people do this would be a great boon, however the only problem is the updates for these addons seem very few and far between these days, so you may have to tweak them yourselves or even re-mould in your own image so to speak. A lot more work I know, but you would open yourselves up to a niche market in a way.

The addons I would ideally like to see in here are things like FlagRSP2, Roleplay Helper, Lore and generally things which help with the immersion aspect of roleplaying WoW.

I'll stop writing now before I start to confuse myself, let alone you. Great work, keep it going.

Cheers,
Leo.

02-20-07, 10:24 PM   #106
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Leo, I think that is a great idea, Mazzle has a whole list of things to work on first though just to get the UI and add-ons completely working. I will make a note of it and bring it up again so that it's considered. One thing you could do is make me a list of all the add-ons that are popular on the RP servers so on the off chance that is something that gets focus we have an idea how tough intergrations and performance would be.

I could see it as a option during install based on how a few questions are answered.

Again thank you

02-21-07, 12:22 PM   #107
leoshaw2112
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Kierrkian
Leo, I think that is a great idea, Mazzle has a whole list of things to work on first though just to get the UI and add-ons completely working. I will make a note of it and bring it up again so that it's considered. One thing you could do is make me a list of all the add-ons that are popular on the RP servers so on the off chance that is something that gets focus we have an idea how tough intergrations and performance would be.

I could see it as a option during install based on how a few questions are answered.

Again thank you
Well, here goes nuthin'. Firstly a list with some links....

FlagRSP (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...flagRSPBC.html)
Roleplay Helper (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ingHelper.html)
Lore (http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=577)
Ephemeral (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Ephemeral.html)
Dwarvenizer/Trollizer (http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2181)

There are obviously lots of others out, some which do the same job, but for a starting point I suppose you could consider this a core pack of RP addons.
However all of these suffer from either not being updated frequently enough or, like Lore and Ephemeral, being just well...left.
All addons are still of course available one way or another, it may however in the case of a couple of them obtain permission to get the source and re-develop so they can be used again because they really are worth it at the end of the day if you're a decent RP'er, the more tools the better.

And I agree with the questions thing, though I think it would be easier if the pre-installer just did an auto-detect of some sort to look at what type of server the person was playing on, this would then effectively negate the need for questions, I think.

Hope this is a help, any more questions I will try and answer, good day to you all,

Leo.

02-22-07, 06:24 AM   #108
Obliza
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mod Eaves Drop

Instead of Simple Combat Log
http://www-en.curse-gaming.com/files...893/eavesdrop/

And what I made it look like...

Sorry Mazzle >.< Deleted other post.

02-22-07, 09:01 AM   #109
perrin1977
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but the button layouts should include racial traits as well, such as the dre racial healing. Every time I update my buttons after getting new skills I have to re-add my racial skill.

Though I guess I could just not use the specialty layouts or I might be missing an option somewhere.

02-22-07, 11:23 AM   #110
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by perrin1977
I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but the button layouts should include racial traits as well, such as the dre racial healing. Every time I update my buttons after getting new skills I have to re-add my racial skill.

Though I guess I could just not use the specialty layouts or I might be missing an option somewhere.
Yes, this has been mentioned. The 2.0 / BC racials and talents have not been included yet. It's also in the known issues.

Last edited by iljott : 02-22-07 at 11:34 AM.

02-22-07, 11:30 AM   #111
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Tenagra
I'd love to see Vanoskos added to the compilation. It's very handy for people on pvp servers.

It's an ace addon that lets you keep a kill on site list and generates proximity warnings. If someone ganks you and you want to be sure you return the favor each and every time they are near, you just add their name through the ui(either individual players or guilds). Any time your ui picks them up as being near you, a prominent raid warning style message flashes their name across the middle of your screen along with an audible warning which can be turned off and on.

I can't tell you the times it's warned me of 70's flying over where i couldn't see them, before they had a chance to dismount and drop down on top of me. It's saved me many ganks, and has even allowed me to get a few paybacks.

Thus far, i've had no conflicts using it with mazzleui.

Edit:
Just received confirmation from Nargiddley over at wowace about the functionality of baggins, so i thought i'd add my two cents in about perhaps replacing it with onebag.

I realize that the all in one bag almost didn't make it in, and i've read a post that baggins perhaps has better memory usage than onebag. I tested this tonight, and on my ui, i actually went from 40mb with baggins to 38-39mb with the full onebag suite (onebag, onebank, onering, oneview, and onestorage).

My reasoning for the change is two fold:

1. There is no option to let you have a simple all in one bag that you can drag and drop items into the order you wish. Thought there would be, but i received confirmation for Nargiddley, the baggins author, tonight(http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=4055.180), that this was not possible with his mod.

2. The onebag suite includes the added functionality of being able to view your bank anywhere while using less memory(less for me at least, in an admittedly limited test).

I can survive either way. It's not that difficult for me to switch over to onebag on my own, so if this doesn't happen, it's not that big a deal. Just thought i'd weigh in on the issue. If this is a dead horse, then no worries, i'm married, so i'm used to being ignored
Vanoskos does seem nice. I'll try it out myself as soon as I have some time and put it up as a suggestion to Mazzle.

You can actually already see the banks and bags of all your characters using Character Info (default hotkey is Alt-C).

Hehe - loved the ignored, married part!

02-22-07, 01:53 PM   #112
Rishathra
A Murloc Raider
I finally secured the time to pull down MazzleUI this morning, and I was blown away.. Incredible work! There's things in here .. to many to list.. that I've often thought would be a nice addition, but could never find a mod to cover it.

my Mod status up untill today has been fairly diverse, but focused on ACE-based stuff whenever possible.

These are a few things which I've added in, and I have found them very useful. (If for some odd reason I am hit a Noob Moment and something here is actually included, I've just not found it yet! It was all I could do to get myself logged out to head in to work.)

-Cartographer Note Share module. I really like the ability to share nodes (or the whole specified database) on the fly. This results in most folks within my guild using Carto have the same informational notes, which seems to help on the logistic front. (Which one is Mana tombs again? top? bottom?)

-Hat Trick. Sticks a nifty little checkbox on the paper doll next to your headgear and back slots, toggles the visibility of said items. (I would love to see this on FuBar somewhere, but alas, I am clueless in the arts of UI programming)

-GuildAds. Once all in sync, this provides a terrific database of professional and Skill abilities of guild members (who are also using GA). Personally, I have a terrible time remembering who is who as far as alts go, and one feature is the grouping of characters by account in the guild list.

-OneBags. Not going to try to sell it, but commenting for popularity support.. I have used it for a long time, and I just prefer it over anything else.

---

Mods to remove? Nothing... I've got a rotating list of ones I disable based on which toon I'm on.. but nothing anywhere that I can see needing to actually remove from the package.

Again... Incredible work.. I have been chomping at the bit to see how the released product would be.. and Wow.

-----------

Ellie "Squeak" Torquenut.. Rogue and Enchantress of Phoenix Enclave, Argent Dawn.
Kaelynn Serennius.. Warrior and Swordsmith of Phoenix Enclave, Argent Dawn.
Suyai Valsinjaos.. Apprentice Shaman of Phoenix Enclave, Argent Dawn.

Rishathra Serennius, Hibernating Druidess (who occasionally awakens to grind a potion)

02-22-07, 06:46 PM   #113
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, the note share thing is definitely cool. I just started using it myself. I'll definitely be adding it.

As for that vanoskos thing, it sounds really useful for a pvp server, but I don't really have a mechanism or a big enough need atm for a pvp-server set of add-ons. Maybe, at some point...

02-22-07, 07:29 PM   #114
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Durzil

Have you looked that the BattleGroundFu Pluggin? Last time I checked it had a PVP cooldown built into it, just mouse over it and you can see how long you got left. Don't know if this is the mod you where refereing too tho.
the problem with it is it doesnt start counting unless you exit a BG, or flag yourself with /pvp. If you tap a flagged person it doesnt start counting. that is the function I am looking for - if i hit someone who is flagged either on purpose or with some accidental AOE I want the timer to start.

02-24-07, 12:57 PM   #115
Nesquick
A Murloc Raider
Healing mods

Hi found this little neat healing mod.
Definately gonna use it, might be a thing for you aswell, as a healer
Check it out.
http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=3749
"Yea, forgiveness is between them and God... I arrange the meetings."

02-24-07, 02:06 PM   #116
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Rishathra
-Hat Trick. Sticks a nifty little checkbox on the paper doll next to your headgear and back slots, toggles the visibility of said items. (I would love to see this on FuBar somewhere, but alas, I am clueless in the arts of UI programming)
This toggle is available through ItemRackFu. But I don't blame you for not having found it yet. There's so much in there!!

02-24-07, 07:07 PM   #117
Tenagra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It seems that locationfu is a glaring omission to the ui at this point. Obviously it's not that hard to remember where you are, but i find myself always forgetting anyway, and it's nicer to be able to reorient quickly with a glance (i have my fubar locked so it doesn't autohide). It may be that i'm in the minority as far as finding this useful though.

I would also suggest TradeCDfu. It's small, and takes up little memory, but you get a small fubar entry that tells you how many trade cd's it's tracking (across all toons) and which are off cooldown. I find it very useful in keeping up with when i can make my next mooncloth.

02-26-07, 04:33 AM   #118
Couldar
A Murloc Raider
OK first off great compilation Mazz.
Been seeing alot of push for Bartender and personally after alot of playing with Bongos I really like the functionality of Bongos a million times better. For all those that want Bartender just play with Bongos for a bit you will find it better.

Secondly I would like to see Zhunter implemented, great hunter mod (almost a must have for hunters) it is not a bar replacement mod it adds dedicated buttons for all those hunter aspects traps and trackings so as to free up tons of space on your bars. ATM I am currently not using it but I have simply "created" my own version using bongos.
If I ever get done customizing I'll post a screeny showing what I did.
I do love the fact that my tracking options fall in the same hotspot as the proffesions tracker though and not sure how that would work with Zhunter since it creates a spot for them.

Thirdly I would love to see a better CCwatch implemented, as a survival hunter my job is CC and with the one you have sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, and it never takes into account that I have 2 mobs trapped at once. Although cant really offer up a replacement suggestion as I have been doing my CCwatching the old fashioned way...stopwatch

OK and rounding this off I would love to see something like ElkBuffBar, gives a good visual and timer bars for all your buffs active.

Other than all that great mod, my priest and mage just love the functionality of Mazz and my hunter is getting used to it :P

/P.S. wondering why there are so many reduntant cooldown timers active? The one that creates the timer bars is really annoying.

02-27-07, 08:53 AM   #119
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Couldar
OK first off great compilation Mazz.

/P.S. wondering why there are so many reduntant cooldown timers active? The one that creates the timer bars is really annoying.
Not certain we're thinking of the same thing, but I too noticed what I *thought* were redundant cooldown bars. Sometimes you'll see two bars with the same name, but one applies to the duration it affects your target, and one is the actual cooldown before you can cast it again (i.e. Frost Nova, Ice trap, etc). Once you get used to the orientation of all the information Mazzle gives you (which admittedly took me quite a while), you'll appreciate it.

02-27-07, 04:12 PM   #120
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Arkive
Not certain we're thinking of the same thing, but I too noticed what I *thought* were redundant cooldown bars. Sometimes you'll see two bars with the same name, but one applies to the duration it affects your target, and one is the actual cooldown before you can cast it again (i.e. Frost Nova, Ice trap, etc). Once you get used to the orientation of all the information Mazzle gives you (which admittedly took me quite a while), you'll appreciate it.
Yeah, I second Arkive's point. There shouldn't be any redundancy. I chose these add-ons specifically because they each did one focused thing and didn't overlap.

Frankly, in certain categories and with certain classes, there are timer add-ons available that are more elaborate and do a lot of clever things in their duration estimations. Unfortunately, at the time I was looking at them, there was no one add-on that covered all 4 aspects completely for all classes. I plan to go back and look at that, but it's just not high enough priority atm.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Add-On and Settings Suggestions OLD