10-18-10, 10:13 AM   #1
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
4.011 keep prompting for item scan

Every time I log in I'm prompted to scan for missing items.

10-18-10, 05:53 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It will keep asking until every Warehouse item is in the game cache files, which can take many minutes.

That is disabled by default. Long ago it was on by default.

Uncheck "Enable request for missing items from server" on the General Options page.

10-19-10, 10:44 AM   #3
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
It will keep asking until every Warehouse item is in the game cache files, which can take many minutes.

That is disabled by default. Long ago it was on by default.

Uncheck "Enable request for missing items from server" on the General Options page.
Aha - or I can wait a long time for it to read them?

10-19-10, 11:42 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You could wait, but in odd cases you may have an item that never gets fetched. Should not take more that 10-15 mins even with many toons with many items.

11-02-10, 07:05 PM   #5
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Apparently I must have such an item, for even after having been logged in for hours, I can get the prompt next time i log in (with the latest version)

11-03-10, 04:59 AM   #6
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Morning I just checked the setting in general settings and it's not activated.
Anything else I can do or check?

11-06-10, 12:48 AM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I just examined the code and nothing has changed. A simple test of "Enable request for missing items from server" determines if "Data for some items is not available. Retrieve data from the server?" message is shown.

I would check again that it is still disabled. SavedVariables in some cases will not be saved (permissions/crash/forced shutdown). Worse case you could delete, move or rename SavedVariables/Carbonite.lua.

11-06-10, 02:39 PM   #8
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I just examined the code and nothing has changed. A simple test of "Enable request for missing items from server" determines if "Data for some items is not available. Retrieve data from the server?" message is shown.

I would check again that it is still disabled. SavedVariables in some cases will not be saved (permissions/crash/forced shutdown). Worse case you could delete, move or rename SavedVariables/Carbonite.lua.
Ok, there is a comprehension problem here...

"request for missing items from server" is of course ENABLED - because I assume that if Carbonite is missing some information that is bad, and that it should fetch that from the server.

BUT I don't like constantly having to click a button on a dialog box - just do it quietly in the background please.

So it is normal behavior that it keeps popping up that box over and over and over and over?

And deleting Carbonite.lua. will remove all settings as well?

11-26-10, 09:16 AM   #9
Zasurus
A Cyclonian
For me it keeps poping it up for item id 3371 (http://www.wowhead.com/item=3371) Don't know if it just can't retrive it!?

Got sick of it so hard coded it to yes ;-)

Zas

Last edited by Zasurus : 11-26-10 at 11:04 AM.

11-30-10, 03:24 AM   #10
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just uncheck "Enable request for missing items from server" on the General page of the options window. The default has been "off" for over a year now. It will not harm anything. You may just see some ? items in the Warehouse or Guide and when you mouse over them it ask the server for the item. The items will redraw with the correct icon after it has the item data. It may take a window close and reopen to redisplay them. Depends on the list.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 4.011 keep prompting for item scan