09-04-10, 10:19 AM   #1
xtoq
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Raid Icons on Minimap

I've searched and searched and can't find anything that does this. Does anyone know of something or how to code something that will replace player's little colored dot on the minimap with a raid icon when they get one? Or is that impossible, and if so, could you enlighten me as to why? Thanks!
09-17-10, 06:11 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

It's impossible, because addons do not have access to individual minimap blips.
The only way addons can affect blips is to completely replace the image file the game reads them from. However, this still wouldn't accomplish what you're looking for, since you could only change the generic "raid group member" blip, not individual blips, and addons still have no access to, or awareness of, individual blips. It's (basically) the same reason an addon can't alert you when a resource node blip appears on the minimap.
09-17-10, 08:45 AM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It's part of the default client in Cataclysm, so just be patient
11-14-10, 11:18 AM   #4
xtoq
An Aku'mai Servant

Woot! Patience is mine! Thanks for your answers though, it makes me understand more...even though everything is changing in Cata.
11-15-10, 01:08 AM   #5
Olog
A Murloc Raider
Maybe you can't replace the dots as such but you could certainly draw raid icons over them. Of course this will only work if you know the exact position of the target who has the raid marker by some other means, that is with GetPlayerMapPosition. In other words, only players in your raid. No NPCs, no pets, no random people outside your raid.

But if this will be default behavior in a few weeks then I guess no point in making an addon for it now.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Raid Icons on Minimap