04-19-08, 03:35 PM   #1
_Chloe
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Tankadin v1.0.0

Tankadin

This is an outline of the features of Tankadin.

Main Frame

This is the main frame of the addon where most of the data the mod gathers and parses is available. You have your:
  • Righteous Fury cast button - Casts Righteous Fury and cancels Blessing of Salvation and Greater Blessing of Salvation.
  • Ardent Defender Tracker - Tracks the amount of damage you have taken, damage mitigated through Ardent Defender, percent of mitigation provided by ardent defender, and how many deaths having Ardent Defender avoided.
  • Attack Table - This is a display of your attack table versus a level 73 mob. It shows your avoidance stats, how far off from pushing crushing blows off the table you are, your block value, and your holy spell damage. The crushing line also has added functionality of show if you are critable. Red = Critable and Crushable, Orange = Uncritable but Crushable, Green = Crit and Crush Immune. All these are barring normal stats for a level 73 mob, or Boss mobs.

Tooltips

You will see two different tooltips when mousing over the Info Frame or Attack Table and the Ardent Defender Tracker.

This is the Ardent Defender Tooltip and it shows more detailed information than the frame itself. It first shows how many talent points you have spent in Ardent Defender and how much mitigation it provides when under 35% hp. It provides the full numbers for the tracking stats, Damage Taken, Damage Mitigated, Percent Reduced, and Deaths avoided. Also displays at what health Ardent Defender becomes active.

This is the Info frame tooltip. It shows your effective health, or how much unmitigated damage you can take before you die. The first line does not include your block value in its calculation. The second two are using your block value and assuming that the boss is either doing 1) 3,000 unmitigated damage or 2) 10,000 unmitigated damage.

Options Panel

This is the Options Panel for Tankadin. You have tabs at the bottom for each section and also in the upper right hand corner you will see the buttons for plug-ins for Tankadin. They work similar to a minimap button.

On this first tab you find some of the more basic options to configure Tankadin to your UI.
  • Shows the Main Frame - Shows or hides the entire Tankadin Frame
  • Shows Only the Tankadin Header- This allows Tankadin to run in a minimized mode, only showing the header, while allowing all the functions to continue working. When you mouse over the header while Tankadin is in this state, you can choose from a basic tooltip or a more advanced one. The Basic tooltip shows your total avoidance stats, your crushable status, block value, and holy spell damage while the Advanced tooltip shows the entire info frame in the tooltip.
  • Warns when Righteous Fury Fades - This allows for a full screen glow effect to flash on your screen when Righteous Fury fades. It can either be a single flash, or continue flashing until you recast Righteous Fury. There is also a 30 second in-combat warning associated with this option. The flash is disabled while in cities, in flight, or dead.
  • Locks the Tankadin frame in place - Locks the Tankadin Frame and child frames such as the Ardent Defender tracker in place.
  • Makes the frames grow up out of the Tankadin Header - Allows the child frames to be placed on top of the Header instead of below it.

Page two holds the settings for the Ardent Defender tracker.
  • Announces the Ardent Defender tracker information - After every fight if you have this options enabled, it will place a message in your default chat frame after every fight, giving a summary of the Ardent Defender data. This is not a /say but only a message that you can see.
  • Clears Ardent Defender data every fight. - Enabling this option will clear the data as soon as you enter combat.
  • Announces when Ardent Defender Averts a death - This option will automatically select the highest channel you can broadcast to and send a message telling the party or raid that you have averted a death through Ardent Defender.

Tab three shows the color options for Tankadin and the Righteous Fury warning.
  • Background Color - Allows the user to change the color and alpha of the background.
  • Frame Color - Allows the user to change the color and alpha of the frames.
  • Text Color - Allows the user to change the color and alpha of the text.
  • Warning Frame Color - Allows the user to change the color and alpha of the Righteous Fury Warning Frame.

• Flash Frame! - Flashes the Righteous Fury Warning Frame once.
  • Scale - Modifies the scale of all Tankadin frames.
  • Alpha - Modifies the alpha channel of all Tankadin frames.
  • Warning Frame Type - Gives the user control over what type of image or texture that will be used for the Righteous Fury Warning Frame. It also allows for custom textures or images to be used when selecting the custom option.
  • Defaults - Returns all of the frame setting to their default values.

Tab four brings us to the advanced functions and individual frame control options.

These options allow you to disassemble Tankadin into its basic parts and move them individually or as a group. It also allows for certain frames to remain hidden under all conditions.

This tab also lists all installed plug-ins for Tankadin. In this screen shot, only one is installed, called Tankadin_CrushBox.

Tab five controls all of the announcement functions of Tankadin.
  • Alerts your raid or party when Righteous Defense fails or Avenger's Shield misses - Broadcasts to the highest channel you can broadcast to, Raid Warning, Raid, or Party, a message if your Avenger's shield misses or Righteous Defense fails.
  • Disables the alert for immunities - This option will suppress the warning if the mob is immune to Righteous Defense or Avenger's Shield. This option can help suppress spam in a raid scenario.
  • Channels - These options will allow one to pick what channel they want to send the information to. Default goes along the same rules as the Ardent Defender, Righteous Defense, and Avenger's Shield. Guild broadcasts to guild, whisper target whispers your current target, or Custom channel. When the custom channel option is enabled an edit box will appear and you must enter the number of the channel in which you wish to broadcast to. For example, I /join TankadinRocks and it becomes channel 5. To type in that channel I type /5 I love this mod. In the edit box you ill simply put in the number 5.
  • Report Buttons - These report the data of your choosing to the channel that you selected. Report AD reports your Ardent Defender data. Report Info (S) reports a summarized Info Table, while Report Info (L) reports your Info Table in its entirety.

The sixth and last tab I have reserved for credits and people who have helped with this project along the way. I cannot list everyone although I would like to, there simply isn't enough space to do so.
  • Reset Tables - This button, although normally not needed, is used for resetting all tables to default. If an error is encountered on start up, please press this button and reload the interface. This normally fixes most issues with Tankadin.

F.A.Q.
Q: Tankadin reports an error when I log in.
Open the options and go to the last tab. Click the button called "Reset Tables" and reload your interface. If the problem persists report the issue to [email protected]

Q: There's this other mod called Palatank that looks like yours. Did you steal it?
No, infact it's the other way around. The "Author" of that mod doesn't have my permission to use my code yet still uses it. About 75% of that mod uses my frame work. My suggestion would be to use Tankadin and you won't ever look back.

Q: I only use WoWAceUpdater to update my mods. Is you mod on there?
I've tried to gain access to their SVN so I can host Tankadin on their updater, yet I still have not received a response from anyone associated with their network. Ace, as far as I know, is not required to use their updater.

Q: I want to leave feedback or have a suggestion but don't feel like sending you an E-Mail.
You can leave a reply in the Development Thread on the MainTankadin forums here.

Downloads

You can download the latest version of Tankadin from the following places:
WoW Interface
Inc Gamers (Formerly World of War)
Curse Gaming
Betas, alphas, and latest Loc files can be found here.

Conclusion

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to Tankadin.

~~Chloe

E-Mail:
[email protected]

Suggestions:
[email protected]

Bugs:
[email protected]

Development Thread and Feedback
http://www.maintankadin.failsafedesi...pic.php?t=4659
04-25-08, 10:31 PM   #2
Farook
A Molten Giant

Best addon for Tankadins ever... keep up the great work.

05-09-08, 12:19 AM   #3
_Chloe
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
<3 Farook. Tankadin will be on WowAce in the next few days. Thanks for all the support.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Tankadin v1.0.0