05-31-09, 11:30 AM   #1
creaturelol
A Murloc Raider
Homemade art @KG Panels

Hey, i was wondering if anyone could help me out on this one.

http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?ima...3109185215.jpg

the thing is, i want the white bkground to be like, GONE
i just cant seem to figure out how to do it in KG panels

help wanted! 20 cookys for the one with the golden answer
05-31-09, 11:39 AM   #2
shyce
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Set style to "none".
05-31-09, 11:40 AM   #3
Kofetek
A Fallenroot Satyr

You need to edit the image.
Create a new channel named alpha channel, then choose the parts that you want visible and color them white, the rest black. When you load the thing, the black painted areas will be transparent and the white areas visible.

First, you try to relax, then you find yourself laughing manically and chewing on a red bull can.
05-31-09, 11:45 AM   #4
creaturelol
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kofetek View Post
You need to edit the image.
Create a new channel named alpha channel, then choose the parts that you want visible and color them white, the rest black. When you load the thing, the black painted areas will be transparent and the white areas visible.
could you tell me how you do that :P?
05-31-09, 11:51 AM   #5
Kofetek
A Fallenroot Satyr

Okay
I suppose you're using PS.

So you have you image and all and you want to get rid of all the white parts.

1. You click select on the upper toolbar and choose color range.

When you have the color range dialog open you click on the white color on your image. You click okay and then you right click on the image and choose invert selection (or select inverse or similar)

2. Then you go to channels tab (next to your layers tab)

And you create a new channel ( the same way you create a layer).

3. The image is now black, with the selected area you made earlier. You paint that selected area with simply the paint tool and color it white.

Then you save the image as .tga and you import it as usual.

You could play furtherly with the image if you wish, I read somewhere that black is least visible and white is most visible on these kinds of edits, so if you want to tweak your opacity of the image you could try other colors, too.

First, you try to relax, then you find yourself laughing manically and chewing on a red bull can.

Last edited by Kofetek : 05-31-09 at 12:24 PM.
05-31-09, 12:02 PM   #6
creaturelol
A Murloc Raider
Really people. I give up,

heres the freaking ugly outcome :P http://i44.tinypic.com/35i0fh3.jpg (cant get rid of the white)

Ok so If someone could please help me make bottom art like on the Dahis 7 movie

(LINK HERE: http://www.wegame.com/watch/Armsaged...ntary_Version/ )

I'd pay 100g for it on Agamaggan EU, not much but thats all I got for now lol ^^

contact me on skype "haraldvinje1" or msn "[email protected]".

Thank you,

Last edited by creaturelol : 05-31-09 at 12:54 PM.
05-31-09, 02:07 PM   #7
creaturelol
A Murloc Raider
please anyone
05-31-09, 02:19 PM   #8
Katae
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Is there a blend mode setting within kgpanels? That would be what you want.
05-31-09, 02:22 PM   #9
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Delete your background layer, save the slices (512 x 512 I guess?), run them through http://www.wowinterface.com/download...7-BLP2PNG.html
05-31-09, 02:37 PM   #10
creaturelol
A Murloc Raider
Ok, so ive found out how to make the background transparent (with this program called GIMP) but I cant seem to make the art any good looking ama just give this up :P
05-31-09, 03:47 PM   #11
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by creaturelol View Post
Ok, so ive found out how to make the background transparent (with this program called GIMP) but I cant seem to make the art any good looking ama just give this up :P
Did you make the art yourself or did you download it somewhere?
05-31-09, 03:59 PM   #12
Kofetek
A Fallenroot Satyr

Really people. I give up,

heres the freaking ugly outcome :P http://i44.tinypic.com/35i0fh3.jpg (cant get rid of the white)

Thank you,
Think that's because you got rid of the completely white. The white that stayed is a really pale red. You could play a little with painting those sections in darker colors (the same way you colored black and white in the alpha channel). If you still wish to use this method of course.

05-31-09, 05:42 PM   #13
creaturelol
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
Did you make the art yourself or did you download it somewhere?
I made the art myself
05-31-09, 07:48 PM   #14
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

I made the art myself
If your feeling brave and think you can recreate the look your after i would suggest starting from scratch.

Pick your image size for your template in a power of 2 (2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024) in any combination of the preceding numbers.

Once its ready click on layer (i use gimp so this is the same process) go to transparency and select add alpha channel. At this point i usually erase the white background since i tend to make rather geometric images so like the grid behind it not sure if its necessary or not. Now let the art begin!

When your done save it as a tga file if you with to just import it as is. Alternately you can save it as a .png file and use the app listed above to convert it to blp. WOW recognizes both .TGA and .BLP (blp being the native format.)

If you chose to save it as tga gimp will pop up a little dialog with some check boxes one mentioning RLE compression (uncheck this) and one about origin in the bottom left corner. Ive never unchecked that one so not sure what difference it makes.

That should do it. You should have a ready image with the transparencies where you want them. Granted im sure there are ways to save the work you've already done. In either case you know have a basic tutorial for future projects.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-31-09, 08:12 PM   #15
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Upload the image file that you're using and I'll see what I can do to make it work.

EDIT: Or, if you have a .psd or .xcf or whatever you have it saved as, that'll be much better.

Last edited by Psychophan7 : 05-31-09 at 08:20 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Homemade art @KG Panels