08-01-06, 11:35 AM   #1
Oakshade
A Murloc Raider
Druid Mark of the Wild Problem

HI everyone;

I am new to this site.

I am having a problem with Mark of the Wild on my Druid. I have 5-5 training points in this and it is not adding on the training points when casting. It should increase armor to 141 but when cast it only adds 101. I am using Insomniax Recompilation add on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oakshade
08-02-06, 04:11 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try disabling ALL of your AddOns. You can do so via the AddOns menu which you can find in you Character Selection screen (bottom left corner).

Then log in and cast MoTW on someone (use yourself as a "lab rat").
If the problem still occurs then something is wrong with WoW and you need to chat with a GM.

On the other hand if the problem is NOT present follow these steps to find the offending AddOn:

1. Goto your AddOn menu (via your Character Selection screen)

2. Enable ONE AddOn (Start with Dependencies such as Ace etc.)

3. Log into your Druid and test by castiing MoTW on a choosen target (yourself). Observe the result. Does it buff correctly? If MoTW did not buff correctly (the problem occured) then you have found the culprit. Skip down to step 5. If MoTW did buff correctly then right click the buff to remove it and log out.

4. Enable the Next AddOn. Test again. Repeat until you found the problem.

5. Then nuke that AddOn and find an updated replacement (if there is one)

This takes some time but it works. Have fun.

Last edited by Zyonin : 08-02-06 at 04:21 AM. Reason: My spelling stinks (as usual)
08-02-06, 04:35 AM   #3
Serkon
A Defias Bandit
i guess its the bufftooltip thats wrong, blizz should really fix it ^_^, spell description is correct however. if you check the charscreen before and after buffing, you will notice that you get the full impr. motw bonus.
08-03-06, 10:55 AM   #4
Oakshade
A Murloc Raider
Well I disabled all of the add-on's and the same thing happened.

Does anyone know if this is a known bug?

Originally Posted by Xinh
Try disabling ALL of your AddOns. You can do so via the AddOns menu which you can find in you Character Selection screen (bottom left corner).

Then log in and cast MoTW on someone (use yourself as a "lab rat").
If the problem still occurs then something is wrong with WoW and you need to chat with a GM.

On the other hand if the problem is NOT present follow these steps to find the offending AddOn:

1. Goto your AddOn menu (via your Character Selection screen)

2. Enable ONE AddOn (Start with Dependencies such as Ace etc.)

3. Log into your Druid and test by castiing MoTW on a choosen target (yourself). Observe the result. Does it buff correctly? If MoTW did not buff correctly (the problem occured) then you have found the culprit. Skip down to step 5. If MoTW did buff correctly then right click the buff to remove it and log out.

4. Enable the Next AddOn. Test again. Repeat until you found the problem.

5. Then nuke that AddOn and find an updated replacement (if there is one)

This takes some time but it works. Have fun.
08-03-06, 01:37 PM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You will want to chat with GMs about this. If it is a new bug, they can note it and foward it to the Devs. If it is a known bug, they can inform of that fact. Be sure to be give them a complete description of the problem and any steps you have taken to correct the issue.
08-07-06, 12:30 PM   #6
Oakshade
A Murloc Raider
I spoke to a GM and he said that it was a problem that they are aware of and are working on it.
08-07-06, 07:55 PM   #7
Winterfell
A Kobold Labourer
yeah, GMs are definitely aware of it. Supposedly patch 1.9 was supposed to fix the problem. I believe the same thing happens with pallies and their armor aura...if they have talent points in it to increase the value it won't reflect in the text when you drag your cursor over the buff icon.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Druid Mark of the Wild Problem