01-08-07, 01:03 PM   #161
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not at the moment. I suspect I might be able to make it happen, but I have not been able to find a way, as of yet.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-08-07, 01:25 PM   #162
sarf
A Cyclonian
Cladhaire, just a wild idea off of the top of my head - is the WorldFrame capable of being secure-button-ified? If so, one could probably treat it is such with the unit target as "mouseover"

There would be problems while clicking on "empty space" but them's the breaks.

Sarf
01-08-07, 01:29 PM   #163
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You could put a button over the entire worldframe, but then would no longer be able to right click to talk to NPC's, or use the mouse to move the camera, or move, etc. Thats the primary problem. Slouken said he's interested in allowing click-casting in the 3D world, when this last came up, but I suspect its not a trivial process.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-10-07, 04:07 PM   #164
sonix
A Defias Bandit

im using clique with ag_unitframes, but i cant get clique to control the ctrl+rightclick action.
that is used by ag_unitframes for its own dropdown menus.
is there any way for me to overwrite this and set my own actions with clique?
01-10-07, 10:33 PM   #165
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
PerfectRaid and Clique both updated. The raid frame editor is coming, I just needed to get this update out.
01-12-07, 12:35 AM   #166
Zuno
A Kobold Labourer
I'm working on a click-casting mod that *should* be able to coexist with other clickcasting mods, such as Clique. I ran into a problem, however.

If I understand the current approach that Clique uses, which was described on the UI & Macros forum thread, it limits the user to having a single click-casting mod at a time. Is that correct?

If so, can the following approach work to allow a cc mod author to piggy back any existing cc mods that have already starting trapping the unit frame registration?

Code:
function addon:CCFNewIndex(t, k, v)
    if v == nil then
        self:UnregisterFrame(k)
    else
        self:RegisterFrame(k)
    end

--[[
    If there was some cc addon loaded before us, and they catch
    ClickCastFrames changes, then forward the event to them,
    and let them do the rawset.  First, they need to process
    the event, and second, if they process it, they will
    either do the rawset or pass it to the next one in line
    as we are doing here.
    --]]

if self.ccframesNewIndex then
        self.ccframesNewIndex(t,k,v)
    else
        if v == nil then
            rawset(self.ccframes, k, nil)
        else
            rawset(self.ccframes, k, v)
        end
    end
end

function addon:HookClickCastFrames()
    ClickCastFrames = ClickCastFrames or {}
    self.ccframes = ClickCastFrames

local mt = getmetatable(ClickCastFrames)
    if not mt then
        mt = {}
    end

self.ccframesNewIndex = mt.__newindex

local newindex = function(t,k,v)
        addon:CCFNewIndex(t, k, v)
    end

mt.__newindex = newindex

ClickCastFrames = setmetatable(ClickCastFrames, mt)
end
Please correct me if the current approach that Clique uses will allow multiple cc addons to cooperate, or if there are problems with the approach I've described here.

I posted this also on the UI & Macros forum thread, but there has been very little activity there for a while.

Thanks for the feedback
01-12-07, 04:24 AM   #167
koleraLS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I DLed and used the latest Clique and Praid yesterday and I got a weird clique problem during an AQ20:

I was clic-casting quite ok (well I didn't notice a problem anyway for the first few trash mobs pull) when all of a sudden, none of the usual shortcuts worked. (ctr + left or right clic, shift + left or right)...

The problem is, it "came back" not long after (5-10 secs?) and then the problem kept popping at the most inconvenient time.

I had no error message at all (neither in game nor at log-in).

At first I thought It could be some problem of "invisible button" with bartender that was interfering with the placement, so I looled if I had a button bar in the vincinity but it was not the case.

To tell the truth, at first I thought it was praid that wasn't working, so I activated Grid... but the same problem cropped up.

I know it's not very helpful, but there was no set error or condition when this happened... so it's mostly circumventionnal evidence.

What I noticed: when clic casting in grid or praid and the clique-associated spell did not work, but the target was selected by the clic, so the target was indeed seen (and if I then pressed a keybinding for a spell, the spell was indeed cast).

I think (not sure) that the problem tended to happen when going in or out of combat. Thing is, I could hardly ask my raid mate to stand still and get bashed while I try various configuration, so I used keybindings to castspells when the clic-cast didn't work... and that seemed to "unlock" the problem.

I'l go get kicked in AV tonight to try this in an environement where I can be free-er with my experiments ^^

Adds I use:
Ag_uf
bertender3
bigwigs
cartographer + herbalism
chronometer
clique
elkbuffbar
fubar (+ various plug ins related to other adds)
itemrack
Guildeventmanager
onebag
onabank
ora2
prat
skinner
swstats
tinytip
Xart modified to use a home texture

All were updated to latest version on yesterday.
01-12-07, 05:19 AM   #168
nampal
A Murloc Raider
Great mod, I use both Healbot and Clique + Grid and I must say both have the pros and cons, but so far I like the Clique + Grid better, because know who's aggro/get heal which I don't get from healbot.

I'm still trying out various mod, but so far I think Clique is one of the best add on for any healer (I don't play dps class... yet).

Thank you so much for making Clique.
01-12-07, 06:30 AM   #169
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Zuno
I'm working on a click-casting mod that *should* be able to coexist with other clickcasting mods, such as Clique. I ran into a problem, however.

If I understand the current approach that Clique uses, which was described on the UI & Macros forum thread, it limits the user to having a single click-casting mod at a time. Is that correct?

If so, can the following approach work to allow a cc mod author to piggy back any existing cc mods that have already starting trapping the unit frame registration?

Code:
function addon:CCFNewIndex(t, k, v)
    if v == nil then
        self:UnregisterFrame(k)
    else
        self:RegisterFrame(k)
    end

--[[
    If there was some cc addon loaded before us, and they catch
    ClickCastFrames changes, then forward the event to them,
    and let them do the rawset.  First, they need to process
    the event, and second, if they process it, they will
    either do the rawset or pass it to the next one in line
    as we are doing here.
    --]]

if self.ccframesNewIndex then
        self.ccframesNewIndex(t,k,v)
    else
        if v == nil then
            rawset(self.ccframes, k, nil)
        else
            rawset(self.ccframes, k, v)
        end
    end
end

function addon:HookClickCastFrames()
    ClickCastFrames = ClickCastFrames or {}
    self.ccframes = ClickCastFrames

local mt = getmetatable(ClickCastFrames)
    if not mt then
        mt = {}
    end

self.ccframesNewIndex = mt.__newindex

local newindex = function(t,k,v)
        addon:CCFNewIndex(t, k, v)
    end

mt.__newindex = newindex

ClickCastFrames = setmetatable(ClickCastFrames, mt)
end
Please correct me if the current approach that Clique uses will allow multiple cc addons to cooperate, or if there are problems with the approach I've described here.

I posted this also on the UI & Macros forum thread, but there has been very little activity there for a while.

Thanks for the feedback
The method is not designed to allow more than one click casting frame to exist at the same time, because its a universal method. You don't need to get as complex as you're doing, all you need to do is check for the existance of a metatable on the ClickCastFrames variable, and if it exists, disable yourself. Unfortunately, this isn't always possible.

In short, no, you can only use one click-casting addon at a time, since they serve the same need. The method you have will "work".. but shouldn't really be used. Its a simple producer/consumer concept, and is limited to a single producer at a time for the group of consumers.
01-13-07, 07:10 AM   #170
Getox
A Kobold Labourer

Great addon, but I'm having a problem with the addon since Wednesday 10th

After the patch, I deleted all my addons, and last night I installed the new version of Photek U.I (6.5) which uses ace addons like aguf, bartender etc, nothing that should stop it..

I then downloaded the latest version of Clique, installed it, and logged onto my paladin. I went into my spellbook and I then assigned my flash of light spell to cntrl and left click. However, after this, the game froze, I waited for about two mins before I had to restart the laptop as I couldn't quit the game or cntrl alt and delete either..

I logged on again and tried it, and it did the same but it froze as soon as I opened the spell book, I had to remove the addon from the game now to prevent the crashes.

I'm on a new laptop, Sony FE3IH, 1GB RAM, Intel core duo 2, 256mb gfx, so I don't think thats the problem

Any help would be appreciated, keep up the good work
01-13-07, 10:11 AM   #171
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I guarantee you have another addon that's conflicting with Clique. If you can narrow it down so I can reproduce the problem, then we can get it fixed. Disable all addons, then enable half, see if the problem comes back, etc.
01-14-07, 07:59 PM   #172
LacerGM
A Kobold Labourer
Anyway to add castparty unit frames to work with clique?

Just like the subject says I was hoping it would be possible to add the castparty unit frames into cliques supported frames. Feasible?
01-14-07, 08:16 PM   #173
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Thats up to the CastParty authors.. there are standards now for click-casting, they need to adhere to them and any click-casting addon will work with them.
01-15-07, 03:30 AM   #174
koleraLS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Anyone else has problem using clique when not in combat?

if I'm not in combat, none of the clique stuff works (using perfectraid, grid or the target frame with aguf). as soon as I'm in combat (and the target is too) it works just fine.

Is it something to do with the secure-whatever or is it just me (and I've got some weird addon somewhere that interferes)?
01-15-07, 07:52 AM   #175
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Download the version I released last night.
01-16-07, 04:21 AM   #176
koleraLS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Tried it, worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!
01-16-07, 12:18 PM   #177
Twinprop
A Defias Bandit
I'm having trouble with Clique.

Using the latest version in Hellfire Pennisula. I setup my harmful actions but whenever i go to use them my helpfull actions cast instead. It's like they aren't even there. no error messages.

I just tried it with no other mods except Clique. Still doesn't work.

So far my healing looks like its working though.
01-16-07, 01:57 PM   #178
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Thanks for the report, I'll look into it.
01-20-07, 08:40 AM   #179
Twinprop
A Defias Bandit
Hmm.. very strange.
I removed Clique and it's saved variables files. Then re-installed. Now both healing and damage spells work. I had done this exact same thing before when it wasn't working.

Anyway, don't go chasing a ghost just yet. If it happens again I'll repost.

-twin
01-21-07, 08:26 PM   #180
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I'm still trying to track down some stray issues, I should be able to look at them some point this week.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Help with Clique