12-15-10, 03:25 PM   #4561
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I don't want to 'demand' credit because let's be honest, it's a simple addon. But if you say that you did/changed/added something your UI and it's not your work, I think you should simply mention it.

Going a little off-topic here, but I just wanted to clear that up.

12-15-10, 07:40 PM   #4562
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Like if someone said that they changed their unit frames?

Let's just drop it. He could be using his own code, for all that you know. And he never claimed your addon to be his own. *And* this thread is just for screenshots.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-16-10, 09:26 AM   #4563
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
I don't want to 'demand' credit because let's be honest, it's a simple addon. But if you say that you did/changed/added something your UI and it's not your work, I think you should simply mention it.

Going a little off-topic here, but I just wanted to clear that up.
Credits, are their, dont worry.. it's just an screenshot.

12-18-10, 08:35 AM   #4564
eberkain
A Fallenroot Satyr
I continue to evolve my UI, here is it now...

Main elements are

DHUD3
Chinchilla
Prat
Macaroon
Raven
STUF
ACB
ChocolateBar
Coolline - invisible in the SS, you see 30% opacity cooldown icons coming from the top edge and popping large enough in the screen center to fully fill the area between the hud bars.
MSBT - also not pictured, all that is shown here is incoming crits on the left between the top and bottom set of buff bars and outgoing crits on the right in the same area.
Omen & Skada - also not in image, they are hidden under the minimap, and the minimap disappears in combat.

Still playing around, any ideas?

Standing around in town with config modes on

12-18-10, 12:29 PM   #4565
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

changed my UI around a bit. Quite happy with the result tbh.

party idle: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15576616/Wo...810_150834.jpg

party combat: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15576616/Wo...810_144935.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15576616/Wo...810_134520.jpg

12-18-10, 12:33 PM   #4566
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Led, what happens with your clock when you've nearly got a full reputation level with a faction (assuming the line and the text next to it move along the bar)?

12-18-10, 12:37 PM   #4567
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Led, what happens with your clock when you've nearly got a full reputation level with a faction (assuming the line and the text next to it move along the bar)?
Hehe I'm actually waiting for that myself xD. If it gets over the clock I'll probably just place the clock higher.

12-18-10, 03:11 PM   #4568
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

messy wip, 10 Man..

12-18-10, 05:44 PM   #4569
Aethar
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Limb0 View Post
messy wip, 10 Man..

What's the timer/boss health bar at the bottom left? I've seen it tons and I love it.

12-18-10, 05:52 PM   #4570
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Aethar View Post
What's the timer/boss health bar at the bottom left? I've seen it tons and I love it.
That's DXE (boss mod).

12-22-10, 11:36 AM   #4571
boomboom
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
Idle:

Raid + Target + Focus + Casting + Tool Tip:

I really like how it turned out. Its, honestly, perfect for me. So I'm real happy, I will probably move things around as I progress through the expansion but this is a really good start I feel.

Thanks to everyone on these boards, for the help when I needed it, and for some of these great AddOns.

I know this has been a hot minute since you posted, but what are you using for your holy power? I'm trying to find some nice, simple stuff to keep track of that and shards.

12-22-10, 02:34 PM   #4572
Porsha
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
I know this has been a hot minute since you posted, but what are you using for your holy power? I'm trying to find some nice, simple stuff to keep track of that and shards.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...play.html#info

I use this and have really enjoyed its minimal look.

12-23-10, 12:49 PM   #4573
Kendian
A Molten Giant

This is the progression Ive had over the last 3-4 days. The last one is the one Im using atm. As always, Suggestions and C&C welcome~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	First.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	5513  Click image for larger version

Name:	Second.jpg
Views:	849
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	5514  Click image for larger version

Name:	last.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	5515  

12-23-10, 01:03 PM   #4574
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
This is the progression Ive had over the last 3-4 days. The last one is the one Im using atm. As always, Suggestions and C&C welcome~
It seems to be a little jumpy/bumpy/turbulent in the middle of the screen to me. Even though it's just a screenshot. Maybe it's just the scrolling combat text, not quite sure.

It seems to get your information more from numbers than bars? Since your numbers are large enough to basically hide the bars. I suggest you try a "number" interface, without bars or very thin bars that just line up the numbers. For example start with OnScreenHealth (or something similar) and see if you can play with it (replacing player and target frame).

Anyway, overall your numbers are quite large. Maybe change the scrolling combat text to be just vertical instead of curved, too. I can only recommend xCT for that matter.

And a personal preference would be to hide all the actionbuttons and use something like Coolline to display cooldowns.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

12-23-10, 10:48 PM   #4575
Farook
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
@Kendian

What's that (main) font? Looks nice... somehow!

12-24-10, 04:58 AM   #4576
Kendian
A Molten Giant

@Dawn Thanks =) Its nice to know someone even looks, lol. Ive played around with coolline, but im a clicker, so my buttons are the main thing in any UI for me, sadly (I design my ui around a central "button place"). And since coolline and omni cc dont play well together I find myself abusing my mouse 'why isnt this firing??!!??'. Ive also played around with the idea of a minimal hud, since I AM more number based, as opposed to bars. MY main hangup seems to be the...crookedness, I guess. With anything other than splitting my HP/MP to either sides of buttons, target centered above, It always looks crooked to me, unless I target someone, lol. And the sct is MSBT, Ive gotten so used to it, and have so many custom triggers/sounds/events modified into it for all my classes, I dont think I could function without it. I could just make scroll areas vertical, and smaller, I guess~

Hmmmm, maybe I could split my numbers to either side of a centered target.......Sigh, back to standing around and reloading~

@Farook. I think its Xenara reg. Ive used it on everything thru my UI with differing sizes/shadows.

Last edited by Kendian : 12-24-10 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Errant thoughts

12-24-10, 07:10 AM   #4577
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

With the help of a few people... I was able to grab Everlu's textures and recreate her UI for myself. There are some things that I could use advice with, however. But first, here is Everlu's original design:

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/w...Template13.png

And here's mine currently (in config mode): http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6...ustomizing.jpg

I don't know whether or not I'll keep the action bars in a single line, or stack them as Everlu did. Since I'm always adjusting things, I may stack them later to see how I like it. As for my pet bar and focus bar - I was going to place my pet bar where the Focus is now, but then realized that, in having the pet power bar showing, it wasn't going to 'fit' with the target/target. Also, I dunno if I'm going to keep the pet casting bar either. With regard to raid frames, I'm using Stuf UF, and when in a raid group the party frames will be replaced with raid frames of course.

Anyway, I really like how things turned out. My monitor isn't as big as Everlu's; 1680x1050 vs. her 1920x1080 (I think)... so I couldn't quite minimize the party frames to be small enough to place above the minimap/unit frames. Well, I could have, but the texture borders would not have shown up due to the small size of the frame itself. Any C&C are welcome.

12-24-10, 04:36 PM   #4578
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Came out pretty well Cerranos. I like it more than the original, you kept the appearance, but it looks sharper, due to the pixel font and border around the minimap.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

12-24-10, 04:56 PM   #4579
Sniffles
A Black Drake

Here is my current UI.

12-25-10, 02:25 AM   #4580
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Came out pretty well Cerranos. I like it more than the original, you kept the appearance, but it looks sharper, due to the pixel font and border around the minimap.
Thank you, Dawn. I actually have changed a few things since I last posted the screens... I didn't like how my pet frame was sitting "in the air" of sorts when my player health/power bars were depleting. Since I reversed the direction of the bars, it was depleting towards the minimap - leaving the pet frame kind of hanging out there on it's own.

Here's an example: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5082/v11combat.jpg

So I then toyed with the idea of placing the pet frame underneath my player frame... similar to the focus frame, except it's inverted. That worked for about an hour until I decided on this...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6396/v11modified.jpg

I'm probably gonna change it again (lol). I just can't seem to get it in the 'right' place. Any suggestions are welcome!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...