Quantcast
Cirk's Targetz - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
02-06-06, 05:02 AM   #1
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Cirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 226
Cirk's Targetz

Targetz shows you who in your party or raid is currently targetting the mob you are mousing over.

Current version
Targetz is currently version 2.3.0.

Download page
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ksTargetz.html

Known bugs
None when running with the default client.


-- Cirk of Doomhammer
__________________
Cirk's Addons

Last edited by Cirk : 11-13-07 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Version update
  Reply With Quote
04-02-06, 04:45 AM   #2
BlackZam
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7
Great addon.
Really a most have.
  Reply With Quote
04-09-06, 04:20 PM   #3
Vervain
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by BlackZam
Great addon.
Really a most have.
I love this add-on! As my main is a Hunter, I was constantly being accused of targeting the incorrect mob in PuGs even when I was 99.9% sure it was someone else. Now I can say with 100% conviction that it wasn't me breaking the sheep or shackle Everyone really should try this, it works wonders.
  Reply With Quote
04-23-06, 04:29 PM   #4
Vervain
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9
Unhappy Targetz not displaying

I love this mod! It is one of the few I include for all my toons. But I noticed it was not functioning after the latest mini patch from Blizzard. It reads as loaded and the menu can be called, however the who is targeting list is not displaying on the tooltip. Is this happening to others or is it just a problem for me? I miss Targetz!!! Help!



After hours of poking about in my interface, it seems that my problem is another mod is not playing nice with Targetz. It broke Targetz. So for now, I am again without one of 3 essential mods (for me at least) that I enable for all of my toons.

I fail to understand why this handy and effective addon isn't used by more people.

Hoping to get Targetz working again soon!....or maybe an update ?
Thanks again for a wonderful mod!!

Last edited by Vervain : 04-29-06 at 10:00 PM. Reason: clean install/wtf/wdb
  Reply With Quote
04-30-06, 05:37 AM   #5
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Cirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 226
Originally Posted by Vervain
After hours of poking about in my interface, it seems that my problem is another mod is not playing nice with Targetz.
Hi Vervain. What mod was it that wasn't (isn't) playing nice with Targetz?

-- Cirk
__________________
Cirk's Addons
  Reply With Quote
05-01-06, 09:50 AM   #6
Vervain
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by Cirk
Hi Vervain. What mod was it that wasn't (isn't) playing nice with Targetz?

-- Cirk

I narrowed it down to MobInfo2/TipBuddy. For me at least, one or both of these decided to strong arm Targetz. (I slipped up and installed both without thinking...Some people just shouldn't talk on the phone and play with downloads). I did do a quick group test run and Targetz worked for the first 4 or 5 pulls. After that it just stopped showing targeters. I am wiping Addon/WTF/WDB folders again to double check my theory. Hope that I am at fault and not addons.

I was using the most current version of both mods as of 23/24 May.

Last edited by Vervain : 05-01-06 at 09:53 AM. Reason: versions
  Reply With Quote
05-01-06, 01:32 PM   #7
Hathelsay
A Fallenroot Satyr
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 21
Yeah this is really interesting. I'd love to use it as well, but I'm also using tipbuddy + mobinfo2.

Hope they can play nice together soon
  Reply With Quote
05-16-06, 11:07 AM   #8
Vervain
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by Vervain
I am wiping Addon/WTF/WDB folders again to double check my theory. Hope that I am at fault and not addons.

After several clean installs, it seems that in my case, TipBuddy just does not like Targetz. I was hoping that it is just some quirk with my system, but even the most current TipBuddy refuses to display list of targeting players. Targetz reads as loaded, enabled, etc. but just isn't allowed to display.

Just in case you don't get to hear it enough, Thanks for a wonderful little mod!! I promise you that Targetz is my very favorite addition to the WoW experience. Thank you Cirk.
  Reply With Quote
07-24-06, 03:51 PM   #9
Vervain
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9
Whimper

Cirk,
I adore is mod and have been huddled in the corner drooling in a cup since it stopped working for me way back when.
It will list targeters for a couple of pulls then seems to hibernate. I would really love to see it work for me again.
I will keep trying to get it to work...It IS my very favorite of my add-ons.
Until I can make it work I remain,
Drooling in the corner
Vervain
  Reply With Quote
07-24-06, 04:22 PM   #10
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Cirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 226
Hi Vervain, I'm actually working on Targetz at the moment, including adding TipBuddy and oRA support. Hopefully should have an update for you (and everyone) within a day or two, so watch this space!

Cheers
-- Cirk
__________________
Cirk's Addons
  Reply With Quote
07-24-06, 04:52 PM   #11
Vervain
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9
/cheer

Cirk,
You have no idea how happy I am right now. I am looking forward to using Targetz again!
Thank you for all the hard work you put into your mods and thank you for tolerating the whimpers from crybabies like me who just can't seem to get their head around how to effectively write code.
Once again, thank you!
Vervain
  Reply With Quote
07-30-06, 10:39 AM   #12
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Cirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 226
Targetz v1.11.0 is finally released!

Changes from 1.9.0:
  • Added (or fixed) support for TipBuddy, AF_Tooltip, Mobinfo-2, and other similar tooltip mods.
  • Added oRA support (and changed the ctonly command to mtonly, where ctonly still works for backwards compatibility).
  • Modified wrapping of names to be based on a maximum width, rather than a fixed number of names per line.
  • Added slash command options for per-class coloring of player names (either for MTs or non-MTs separately).
  • Added a slash command option for capitalizing the MT names to make them stand out more (especially if using per-class coloring for the MT names).
  • Added a slash command option to show a blank line between the bottom of the normal tooltip and the lines that Targetz adds.
  • Added a slash command option for using class based filtering of non-MT names.
  • Added support and a slash command option for showing Targetz for friendly targets (i.e., those the player can assist).
  • Numerous small bug fixes and code improvements.

Cheers
-- Cirk
__________________
Cirk's Addons
  Reply With Quote
07-30-06, 12:42 PM   #13
Vervain
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9
/dance

Thank you Cirk!!!!
My favorite addon of all time is downladed and installed!
Many thanks again for all the time and effort you dedicate to your addons.

Vervain
  Reply With Quote
07-31-06, 03:07 AM   #14
Fin
An Aku'mai Servant
 
Fin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 34
Hello,

I have a feature request. As a tank, I find Targetz extremely useful when asked to "grab an add" because it allows me to see if another tank is targetting the same mob as me. However, because the information is displayed only in the tooltip, the information is only displayed when I have my mouse over the target. As I use the mouse for clicking attack buttons (I use the keyboard too!), the list of tanks targetting my target disappears fairly quickly.

Would it be possible to add some sort of functionality where the information Targetz currently displays in the tooltip was added as a fixed display underneath your current target's icon, or similar? As I'm looking at my target's health bar a lot that would be perfect - but just some way of keeping the information up on the screen would be great.

Cheers for a great mod.
  Reply With Quote
07-31-06, 05:53 AM   #15
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
Dridzt's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,257
I'm using Targetz since it came out and it's an invaluable addon.

I particularly like the fact that it allows me a clear gameview compacting much needed info in the tooltip.

I am however using Brunilde Units on occasion, when I need a way
to track target's targets in a fast changing environment or I need a more persistent indication.

The fact that I can hide or show BUnits frame easily allows me to keep my gameview uncluttered most of the time.

I'm not suggesting it as a substitute addon (I'm using both) but as a complement.
  Reply With Quote
10-04-06, 10:38 PM   #16
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Cirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 226
Targetz v1.12.0 posted (finally, sorry 'bout that). No changes from 1.11.0 apart from the version and interface strings, so no need to download it if you are happy with the "load obsolete addons" approach .


Originally Posted by Fin
I have a feature request. As a tank, I find Targetz extremely useful when asked to "grab an add" because it allows me to see if another tank is targetting the same mob as me. However, because the information is displayed only in the tooltip, the information is only displayed when I have my mouse over the target. As I use the mouse for clicking attack buttons (I use the keyboard too!), the list of tanks targetting my target disappears fairly quickly.

Would it be possible to add some sort of functionality where the information Targetz currently displays in the tooltip was added as a fixed display underneath your current target's icon, or similar? As I'm looking at my target's health bar a lot that would be perfect - but just some way of keeping the information up on the screen would be great.

Cheers for a great mod.
Hi Fin! That would be a useful thing to have as an option on your target frame. I'll have a think about that one...


Originally Posted by Dridzt
I am however using Brunilde Units on occasion, when I need a way
to track target's targets in a fast changing environment or I need a more persistent indication.

The fact that I can hide or show BUnits frame easily allows me to keep my gameview uncluttered most of the time.

I'm not suggesting it as a substitute addon (I'm using both) but as a complement.
Oo, that looks interesting Dridzt, kind of like a combination of an MT list and what Targetz does for one target.


Cheers
-- Cirk
__________________
Cirk's Addons
  Reply With Quote
10-04-06, 11:01 PM   #17
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Devla's Avatar
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 206
Hi Cirk

I really like the way the formatting of the 'Targetz' Party/Raid/MT listing.

I'm currently using TinyTip, which has a similar feature in its "TinyTipExtras" optional module. However it lists each player on a separate line making the tooltip really long and huge. I much prefer the way Targetz appears.

Does Targetz work properly with TinyTip? I can test tomorrow evening but I won't be in a raid until then.

Also, since Targetz is compatible with oRA, does that also make it compatible with oRA2?
http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=2099.0

Thanks!
__________________
RETIRED Author
  Reply With Quote
10-04-06, 11:13 PM   #18
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Cirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 226
Originally Posted by Devla
I'm currently using TinyTip, which has a similar feature in its "TinyTipExtras" optional module. However it lists each player on a separate line making the tooltip really long and huge. I much prefer the way Targetz appears.

Does Targetz work properly with TinyTip? I can test tomorrow evening but I won't be in a raid until then.

Also, since Targetz is compatible with oRA, does that also make it compatible with oRA2?
http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=2099.0

Thanks!
Hi Devla. Targetz should be compatible with TinyTip (at least it was when I checked it back in 1.11), let me know if it isn't and I'll have a closer look at it. I have to admit to releasing Targetz 1.12 without rechecking its compatibility with all the addons I wrote 1.11 to work with apart from TipBuddy (which is what I use at moment).

As for oRA2 compatibility, its actually oRA_MainTank that Targetz looks at (to get the MT list) and it will depend on how much the oRA_MainTank.MainTankTable changes in the next version (if it changes at all). I'll have a look at it when I get a chance, but if anyone can test and confirm (either way), that'd be great!


-- Cirk
__________________
Cirk's Addons
  Reply With Quote
10-06-06, 07:44 AM   #19
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Devla's Avatar
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 206
Works great with TinyTip and oRA2.

I did disable TinyTipExtras, since Targetz does practically the same thing.

Thanks
__________________
RETIRED Author
  Reply With Quote
10-06-06, 06:00 PM   #20
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver
 
Cirk's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 226
Originally Posted by Devla
Works great with TinyTip and oRA2.
Great to hear, thanks Devla!

-- Cirk
__________________
Cirk's Addons
  Reply With Quote

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Cirk's Targetz

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off