08-07-11, 11:32 AM   #1
Colgin
A Murloc Raider
Enemy Combo points tracker (request)

Looking for an add-on that tracks enemy combo points on myself primarily, but on my partner to would be nice but not neccessary. Having a big 5 bubbles that is moveable on screen would be nice. Than resets when a finishing move is used. I know it is hard to track combo points with the randomly generated ones but that add on should be able to track what moves generate combo points and what crits generate combo points along with other things (/if honor among thieves /than generate on crit, glyphs and other things..) Please help me! will donate if add-on is suffice. (also would be nice if I could see my partners combo points on a target but yet again not neccassary)

Sincerely
Colgin - Azgalor
Colginqt - Thrall
08-07-11, 03:38 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I believe no one has made this in the past because it would be unreliable. "Hard" doesn't come close to it. There is no way to get this information, so the addon would just be guessing. It could think that there are only 3 combo points on you and you would think that you have enough time before the finishing move to get a heal off, but... Really it was 5 and in a split second you're dead. WTF happened? It was only 3 combo points, how did they do so much damage? Relying on an addon that doesn't know what's really going on isn't practical.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-07-11, 05:25 PM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As Seerah posted, it's near impossible to get a reliable count on an enemy player's combo point count. Inspection on a PvP-flagged player is blocked by Blizzard, so there's no way to detect talents or glyphs in this situation. in addition, combo points are not global. Each player has their own count on their current target. If you have 2 rogues attacking you, they would most likely have different amounts of combo points on you.
08-14-11, 04:11 PM   #4
Colgin
A Murloc Raider
I understand but i was mainly looking for something for a feral druid. I know it would be unreliable alota times but still. Thanks for the help

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Enemy Combo points tracker (request)