11-27-10, 11:32 PM   #1
Yooya
A Fallenroot Satyr
The "Perfect" Action Bar Border.

Hello,

I'm looking to get the perfect 1px action bar border. Currently I'm using rActionBarStyler and rActionButtonStyler (Luna). This gives me that perfect border, but I need to use a size of ~36 to get the perfect look, when I'm looking for something smaller

Any helping me here?
11-28-10, 12:02 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You might try Button Facade with ButtonFacade: PixelSkin.
11-28-10, 05:07 AM   #3
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
When you mention perfect 1px borders you should turn off ui scaling, if you use it, and let WoW handle the scale for you (1:1 px)

If that's not something you would like you could always try moving the action bars pixel by pixel and see if you can find a location where the pixels are not smeared.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
11-28-10, 06:11 AM   #4
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I use seperate frames for each button and add a backdrop to those with border size 1 / action bar scale. Perhaps not the most efficient but I found it's the only way to get a proper 1-pixel border.
11-28-10, 12:31 PM   #5
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
I use seperate frames for each button and add a backdrop to those with border size 1 / action bar scale. Perhaps not the most efficient but I found it's the only way to get a proper 1-pixel border.
That must take a while to set up If I had time, I would do that... maybe I could borrow your code? It's in FreeUI, I assume.
11-28-10, 12:33 PM   #6
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
It's handled by code, I didn't actually write out individual frames for each button (though I could, it'd be mainly copy-paste, but it'd be way too much code).

It's in my UI, just a bit I added into a modded rActionButtonStyler.
11-28-10, 11:42 PM   #7
Yooya
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks for the help guys. I'm definitely going to look at one you've done Haleth, and see if I can reproduce it myself. If I can't, that sucks, but I got a nice look without action bars and I don't exactly need them as long as I have a way to track cool downs without it - which I do.

I'll throw a little link down here to show (the UF is an oUF_P3lim edit) what I'm working on. Just 'cause I can.

11-28-10, 11:53 PM   #8
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I got it working perfectly, thanks Haleth! Had to change the UI around a bit to accomodate, but the changes were for the better, anyway
11-29-10, 10:25 PM   #9
Yooya
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Zagrei View Post
I got it working perfectly, thanks Haleth! Had to change the UI around a bit to accomodate, but the changes were for the better, anyway
I couldn't get it. Would you mind doing just an upload of your action bars for me Zagrei? I'm a bit new to all of this and it would be a big help.
11-29-10, 11:52 PM   #10
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
I couldn't get it. Would you mind doing just an upload of your action bars for me Zagrei? I'm a bit new to all of this and it would be a big help.
I use Dominos, first of all. Second, I had to do some LUA editing to get it to work, such as removing all of the FreeUI calls (fonts, textures, etc), and replacing them with my own. Then, I also had to change a but of the scaling that Haleth uses, because when I scaled Dominos around, it wouldn't be pixel perfect anymore.

Honestly, other than that, I just copied-and-pasted Haleth's code, made those modifications, and it works like a charm.
01-03-11, 02:48 PM   #11
aiikachi
A Cyclonian

Forgive me for necro-ing this thread, but I have been trying to modify Haleths code all day to also work on Class/Shapeshift bars to no avail--is there some way to do this, and I am just failing miserably at it?
01-03-11, 08:49 PM   #12
Karudon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
use instead of textures backdrops, its 100% pixelperfect
01-04-11, 07:54 PM   #13
aiikachi
A Cyclonian

Well, I managed to do what I wanted...but now my concern seems to be a memory leak. Memory is an issue for me sooo...Is there any other events I can register or whatnot to make this work without my memory going up constantly?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » The "Perfect" Action Bar Border.