09-05-15, 04:33 PM   #1
Beastwithin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Loadscreen Loadbar

Hey everyone. I downloaded the art pack from Blizzard and have located the loading screen bar in:

Interface/GLUES/LoadingBar/

I converted the BLP's to PNG, edited them and converted them back. I placed them in the WoW folder directory exactly as it came in the art pack but the loading bar did not change.

I have used this process to change menu buttons, interface textures etc so I know it works. Just not with the loading bar...

I have also been able to modify textures on the main login screen before my char or even account is loaded so I know the game can recognize these files. I have tried looking through the other textures as perhaps they use a different one?

#frustrated. Any suggestions?
09-05-15, 04:41 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Not every texture that you have extracted will be able to be overridden. There are a few that you cannot change. That said, it looks as if AI-Art included both of these in its download.

Interface/GLUES/LoadingBar/Loading-BarBorder.blp
Interface/GLUES/LoadingBar/Loading-BarFill.blp

If what you are having trouble with is one of these files, attach it to a post and let us see if you've missed something.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-05-15, 04:55 PM   #3
Beastwithin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yeah those are the two files that I've edited. The only thing that I've done with them is add a color overlay, flatten the image, resave it as a png and then convert it back to blp. I have named the folders exactly, capitals and all. I've gone so far as to copy paste the whole folder as it's downloaded and edit the files from there.

I'll give it another shot and perhaps do a step by step screenshot to show my steps.

Cheers
09-05-15, 05:26 PM   #4
Beastwithin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

^^^
So this is the default Interface folder from the Blizzard Art Pack, downloaded from Blizzards website directly. I have already converted the BLP's to PNG which you can see beside the original files. (PS I noticed the small black box for the preview which is different from the rest... weird windows glitch - I hit f5 and it looked normal again!)

^^^
These are the PNG files as they have been edited. They are only 1 layer and apart from being a different color they are exactly the same dimensions.

^^^
Here you can see the modified PNG's next to the freshly converted BLP's.

^^^
And finally you can see the BLP's in the WoW Folder (note the file path in the bar and names of folders).

Like I said, I have modified menu bars, buttons, player frames etc this way and it has worked just fine. With the load bar... nothing
09-05-15, 06:31 PM   #5
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Based on what MiirGUI and Aurora look like (from memory), you want the files and/or folders directly in your Interface folder.
Code:
World of Warcraft\Interface\My Textures\name of file one.png -- don't need to reconvert to blp, but nothing wrong if you do
World of Warcraft\Interface\My Textures\name of file two.png
-- etc
09-05-15, 06:39 PM   #6
Beastwithin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I was hoping to do this without having to use lua to call the textures up. If that's what I have to do then fine. Any idea what the object name for the load bar would be? Can't use /fstack when the loading screen is up :P
09-05-15, 06:46 PM   #7
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am unsure if replacing this loading bar even triggers it at all. I think this one is not able to be replaced. I myself have adjusted the texture and see no difference. You have it placed correctly too. I have an idea let me try something really quick I will get back to you.

So replacing it is not enough. It has no effect at all.

Last edited by Kkthnx : 09-05-15 at 06:50 PM.
09-05-15, 07:23 PM   #8
Beastwithin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for trying. I've seen some posts about this not being possible to edit... something about games files or whatnot... I just don't understand why there would be a folder path to the BLP files if they do nothing or are not called on at all ??? mhph.... onto a different part of my mod for now - head is starting to hurt
09-05-15, 09:30 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Like I said - most are able to be replaced. Some are not. The loading screens and mouse cursors cannot be replaced either, off the top of my head.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Loadscreen Loadbar