05-27-09, 10:35 PM   #1
wanderingDrummer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Prompting for Adobe Flash

I have Adobe Flash installed (I double checked even re-installed it) using Vista 64 (and JRE 64 so Minion installed using 64-bit info). everything works except it keeps prompting me to install Adobe Flash. If I click install and nothing happens, message goes away and pops back a second later, click don't install and message goes away until the next time i start the client.

everything works fine, except the ad in the bottom right corner.
05-27-09, 11:19 PM   #2
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Could I get your OS and default browser please? I simply hook into your OS's default browser so it may go away if you install flash in it. Yes, (some of) our ads use flash.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
05-28-09, 08:08 AM   #3
ScytheBlade1
aka Sbo

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by wanderingDrummer View Post
I have Adobe Flash installed (I double checked even re-installed it) using Vista 64 (and JRE 64 so Minion installed using 64-bit info). everything works except it keeps prompting me to install Adobe Flash. If I click install and nothing happens, message goes away and pops back a second later, click don't install and message goes away until the next time i start the client.

everything works fine, except the ad in the bottom right corner.
It's using a 64-bit browser, for which no flash plugin currently exists under windows. It will likewise prompt you to install flash despite it probably being available under a standard 32-bit browser.
<Iriel> does your 'therapy' involve pitchforks and boiling oil?
05-28-09, 11:48 AM   #4
wanderingDrummer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
Could I get your OS and default browser please? I simply hook into your OS's default browser so it may go away if you install flash in it. Yes, (some of) our ads use flash.
Default Browser: Firefox

Originally Posted by ScytheBlade1 View Post
It's using a 64-bit browser, for which no flash plugin currently exists under windows. It will likewise prompt you to install flash despite it probably being available under a standard 32-bit browser.
I was kind of thinking that might be the issue, but if I use IE 64, flash still works

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Prompting for Adobe Flash