12-26-05, 04:43 AM   #1
Moondragon77
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy No addons button appearing

Ok, I am the first to admit I am a total newb at WOW interfaces. I have successfully used mods in EQ1, EQ2, and DAoC. However, I must be missing a major step somewhere here, or a message somewhere that everyone else sees,(and yes I did search here for a while before posting for help) because no matter what I try, no matter what add on I try, I am not getting an "addon" button appearing anywhere at all in the character selection screen, the login screen, or the user interface options screen.

At first, thinking it could not be much different than the other UI's in proccess, I made a combination of "atlas" and "timex" and a couple of others... no add ons button. Then I tried adding each one individually and carefully double checking myself and checking instructions. No add ons option/button...

How in heaven's name do I use an add on once I've installed it? I have windows XP home if that info is of any use at all. Thank you.

Moon

Last edited by Moondragon77 : 12-26-05 at 04:50 AM.
12-31-05, 10:35 AM   #2
Malledor
A Kobold Labourer
Yes same thing has happened to me. I might have done something completely wrong but I don't know. I put ALL the add ons I downloaded into the AddOns folder. This was the installation path, C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns. Here's a couple of the AddOns I downloaded. AVGxp Fishing Buddy Enchantrix CallToArms Decursive CTRaid-Assist (Fogot where I found that one) Whispercast FlightPath cMinimapCoordinates . Those are just some of the AddOns i've downloaded. Please help if you know what i've done wrong.
12-31-05, 09:17 PM   #3
dream3star27
A Kobold Labourer
No Addon buttons appearing in main menu

I had old mods dled into my worldofwarcraft/addon/subdirectories and they have all worked for me. They became out of date and unusable so i deleted them when i found this site- it had everything i wanted.
I dled a mod for example: Extended Quest Log or Fizzwidget Adspace or Exp To Go Autoprofit to name a few. The mod went into C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ModAFolderexptogo
When I logged into WOW the addon button didnt appear so i exited, rebooted, and tried again several times. I searched the forums first before posting this adn i couldnt find an answer.
01-03-06, 08:18 PM   #4
Moondragon77
A Defias Bandit
Finally got it to work

I can tell you WHAT finally worked, though as the end results looked identical no logical reason WHY it worked, only that it did, not only on my system, but on those of my husband and two sons as well. First I exited WoW. Then I installed Ace. Just Ace, nothing more. Loaded up WoW... there was the button. Told it to activate Ace. Logged out completely. Installed next add-on. Loaded up Wow. Activated that Add-on. Rinse, repeat. If I did NOT load up for each and every one, it made the button dissapear *shrug*. No logical explination for this, and as I said by the time I was done the folder looked EXACTLY the same, but it did work, and I am now enjoying my add-ons. I hope this helps!

~Moon
01-07-06, 07:51 AM   #5
Tibbs
A Kobold Labourer
Addons Button Wont Show!

i tried what u did , but still it didnt work , please anyone out there that can help me?
01-25-06, 01:56 PM   #6
matt36
A Kobold Labourer
Bump..I can't get a AddOns button either

Last edited by matt36 : 01-25-06 at 05:00 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » No addons button appearing