07-25-09, 01:12 AM   #1
Mingz
A Murloc Raider

Help with merging UI's..

Currently I am using Caith UI for my ret pally, resto druid, and mage. I recently came across two other UI's that I would like to use for my druid and mage. Now the problem I'm having is being able to merge all three UI's into one WTF folder. All three UI's share a few addons, each with different and unique settings, so I can't just copy and paste the saved variables from one UI into the WTF without overwriting the settings from one of the other two. So I am wondering, is what I'm trying to pull off even possible? Or am I going to have to simply try to replicate the settings of the addons that are being used in the three addons?

Any help will be much appreciated!
07-25-09, 01:25 AM   #2
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nice way to complicate your life.

I'm thinking Reflux might have a key part of doing this but I have no idea how to do the rest with the SavedVariables and duplicate addons. It would seem you're going to have to rough it and do each layout yourself using the addons you want, Reflux it and switch back and forth that way.

But that's just my guess. Either way, heh , good luck.
07-25-09, 09:22 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Reflux will help in the switching for sure. You can get the layouts without having to recreate them but its not a fun process by any means. You basically have to open the saved variables for the shared addons and find the parts of the code that pertain to the layout your looking for then copy and paste them in to one specific saved variable.

I've done this one before and does work if you get everything correct. Though in the end i found its less frustrating to just recreate the the layouts.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with merging UI's..