03-22-05, 03:26 PM   #1
keldorr
A Defias Bandit
Basic question re: addons & macros and WoW patching

Sorry if this is the biggest noob question ever, and has been asked a million times already, but a quick search didn't reveal it to me.

Just wondering... with the new WoW patch, do I need to be concerned about losing my custom settings for addons such as Flexbar? I think I might cry if I found that patching meant I had to fight with the Flexbar commands to get it set back up again.

And also, any concerns about losing my macros?

I assume there is a file (or files) somewhere in the WoW directory which I could backup... maybe?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
03-22-05, 03:47 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
In your ..World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\AccountName folder are SavedVariables.lua, bindings-cache.wtf and macros-cache.txt files. You want to save those. You also want to go in a further step to .. World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\AccountName\CharacterName and save the layout-cache.txt and chat-cache.txt files.
03-22-05, 03:58 PM   #3
keldorr
A Defias Bandit
Thank you.
03-22-05, 04:06 PM   #4
Remelio

Also, there is usually a SavedVariables.lua.old or SavedVariables.lua.bak as well that you can find your settings in if they get overwritten. (In case you already patched and are worried your settings are gone) - Take a look at the date to see which one is the most recent. I'm not at my home computer right now so I can't doublecheck, but I know I have both for some reason.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Basic question re: addons & macros and WoW patching