05-17-09, 06:50 PM   #1
Raederle
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Feature Request: 2 Quest Watch Improvements

There are two things that would help with quests and their display. First, would it be possible to set up a click combo to link a quest into chat from the quest watch panel? I used Shift-Left Click with Monkeyquest (whose quest watch display has never been beaten for all that you have much more behind the panel), but any reasonable combination using the quest title in the panel would help. It is much more onerous to open the quest panel, then dig it up, since that requires a keystroke command in mid chat which means the chat text is lost.

The second would be a click combination available to set up a goto quest from a right click on a quest giver in the map. If I'm scrolling over desolace, looking for the two quest givers I *know* I want to visit, I'd love to be able to have off the right click menu not only "goto" but also "add goto quest". That would let me set up the 3 or 4 I might need to visit while flapping to the area and then I can use your already exisiting tracker options to visit each.

Each of these would I think be only a modest programming effort. Please consider them.

Thanks,

Raederle

05-20-09, 03:19 PM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Both requests sound reasonable and we'll try to get them into a future release.

05-21-09, 10:01 PM   #3
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Great suggestions tbh. I was trying to link a quest from the quest watcher the other day.

Hoping both get implemented soon

05-22-09, 03:43 AM   #4
Yelina
An Aku'mai Servant
Another suggestion related to this
Being able to open the questlog from the quests in the quest watch panel.
I'm doing that very often, I watch a quest in the watch panel. I rightclick the questname to open the questlog. then realizing every time it doesn't do anything.
It would be very handy if that was possible.

05-22-09, 03:06 PM   #5
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Right Click the bubble next to the Quest name (or was it the square .. either way) to open an options menu .. one of them allows you to open to the quest log and 99% of the time highlights the correct quest.

Form there you can view your quests and chat link them ... all with out losing any text in you already typed in the chat bar.

Although having this ability right from the tracker would be not only ideal but also simpler (one of those may things in Carb that should have been there right from the begining )

05-23-09, 04:41 AM   #6
Yelina
An Aku'mai Servant
he, thanks Sepioth. Never saw the options on that 'bubble' at the left.
It even has an alt-rightclick option to show the questlog

05-24-09, 01:03 AM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Changes for next version:

Changed "Quest Info..." menu to "Quest Info (shift click - goto)...".
Added "Link Quest (shift right click)" to Watch List tracking button menu.

05-26-09, 10:39 AM   #8
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Excellent - quest watcher going from strength to strength

05-27-09, 11:26 AM   #9
avid
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up More Suggestions

I've got a couple of suggestions myself, if they're doable that is.

First, it'd be nice to have the option of being able to click through the Quest Watch area. Even if I lock it, it doesn't let me click through it, which can be annoying. I've tried using the "Hide in Combat" option, but sometimes you get mobbed by multiple guys, and it'd be great to see if I finished all parts of the quest. That way, if three more guys pick up aggro before I can finish killing one guy, I can know to bail from that area knowing I've completed either the quest or that particular part of the quest.

Secondly, and I should probably stress that this would be the more important feature, there is a feature I've only found in Warhammer that is simply beautiful in terms of UI and navigating. Warhammer Online has a (built in) feature that allows you to click the links of quests on the Quest Watch. When you do, it opens the Quest Log to that particular quest page. Being able to click the quests like that off your quest watch to read them would save players the trouble of having to read the quest name, pull up the quest log, and find that particular quest. I would really love to see this feature put in Carbonite, if it's possible at all.

Thank you for your time, and I do plan on continuing to support this mod.

05-29-09, 02:23 PM   #10
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by avid View Post
First, it'd be nice to have the option of being able to click through the Quest Watch area.
You can click through it unless you set the list to fixed size mode. Are you using fixed size mode or do you mean the buttons? Locking a window stops it from being moved or sized. It does not stop you from using it.

Originally Posted by avid View Post
Warhammer Online has a (built in) feature that allows you to click the links of quests on the Quest Watch. When you do, it opens the Quest Log to that particular quest page.
Alt right click the Watch List objective buttons.

06-01-09, 01:13 AM   #11
avid
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ah! I see now. Thanks a lot! Never knew those options were there. And yes, I was using fixed size. :P

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Feature Request: 2 Quest Watch Improvements