02-03-12, 02:40 PM   #1
Ambiance
A Murloc Raider
[Request] UnitFrame layout

I realize that this might be too much to request, but I figured that I might as well give it a try. I was unable to mimic this layout with any of the AddOns that I've tried.

Originally Posted by Information
Layout: http://i.imgur.com/KKaQF.jpg
Theme: http://i.imgur.com/r3dia.jpg

200 x 50 (width x height)
Health and Power bar are located within the unitframe.
Health and Power bars are fairly thin and long, with rounded 'corners'.
Health bar at the top, Power bar at the bottom.
Health and Power texts should be displayed in between the bars, on the left and right side, in percent. (Health left, Power right)
Name is located in between the Health & Power bars, as well as in between the Health & Power text.
Originally Posted by Information
Bar colors:

Health: Green
Rage: Red
Mana: Blue
Energy: Yellow
Focus: Yellow
Note: If it would be possible, I'd like them to 'glow' a bit.
If I forgot something that could be needed to help with this, do feel free to point it out to me, I'd appreciate it a lot.
02-03-12, 02:58 PM   #2
Waky
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I feel like this would be fully possible with Stuf. It would take a lot of know how, but I've made some pretty ridiculous UFs with Stuf
02-03-12, 03:05 PM   #3
unlimit
Lookin' Good

Pretty simple in RDX, if you can get past the learning curve of OpenRDX, that is. If you can't, after I finish mine, I'll go ahead and make the unit frames for you.

You should give it a try.

Here's what I've been working on for the past couple of days, so you can see an example of what you can create if you have the time/patience for it.

Player on bottom, Target on top. The class colored bar is the powerbar, the grey bar with the portrait is health.

On the player frame, the text to the far left is power%, the text on the far right is health% and truncated health.

On the target frame, the text to the far left is target level and target name, the text on the far right is health% and truncated health.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **

Last edited by unlimit : 02-03-12 at 03:08 PM.
02-03-12, 03:37 PM   #4
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by unlimit View Post
Pretty simple in RDX, if you can get past the learning curve of OpenRDX, that is. If you can't, after I finish mine, I'll go ahead and make the unit frames for you.

Here's what I've been working on for the past couple of days, so you can see an example of what you can create if you have the time/patience for it.

Player on bottom, Target on top. The class colored bar is the powerbar, the grey bar with the portrait is health.

On the player frame, the text to the far left is power%, the text on the far right is health% and truncated health.

On the target frame, the text to the far left is target level and target name, the text on the far right is health% and truncated health.
Looks awsome! what texture is that?
02-03-12, 03:59 PM   #5
unlimit
Lookin' Good

Ferous #25 from the Ferous Media Pack @ http://www.wowinterface.com/download...MediaPack.html

Thanks Aftermathh!

02-04-12, 02:15 AM   #6
Ambiance
A Murloc Raider
Sorry for the delayed response!

Originally Posted by Waky
I feel like this would be fully possible with Stuf. It would take a lot of know how, but I've made some pretty ridiculous UFs with Stuf
I thought so too but after having played with it for a while I felt like I was able to get a similar layout that I wanted but still not quite what I wanted. That's probably the lack of me knowing what to do though.

Originally Posted by unlimit

I'll definitely give RDX a glance and see what I can do, thanks for the tip.
02-04-12, 02:33 AM   #7
unlimit
Lookin' Good

Originally Posted by Ambiance View Post
I'll definitely give RDX a glance and see what I can do, thanks for the tip.
I'm going to warn you, again, ahead of time: don't get discouraged if you start playing around and don't understand what you're doing, or what's happening.

RDX doesn't have a learning curve, it has a learning cliff. However, once you get up that cliff, everything starts becoming more clear. I'm no expert in LUA - in fact I'm not even a novice in LUA, but I am pretty proud of the fact that I can visually watch myself create something beautiful without any prior knowledge at all, just the dedication to've learned how to use RDX.

Now, that isn't to say that if you DO know LUA, you're not going to see much difference. You're going to see a whole new world of difference. It's like adding frosting on the cake. I'm at the point where I'm gradually learning it just because I want to make everything even better than it already was without that knowledge, and even more customized for myself!

I wish you the best of luck with it, and if you have any concerns, questions, or problems, feel free to post back on the OpenRDX Forums here at WowInterface (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=76)

The rest of the team and myself would be more than happy to help you at whatever problems you may find yourself facing!

02-04-12, 01:51 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Ambiance View Post
I thought so too but after having played with it for a while I felt like I was able to get a similar layout that I wanted but still not quite what I wanted. That's probably the lack of me knowing what to do though.
This is most definitely doable with Stuf. You make the unit frame itself the desired size and give it a backdrop texture/color and border texture/color if you want one. Select a custom texture for the hp/mana bars (so you can get rounded edges). If you don't have one already, the Pill texture in the SharedMedia addon has rounded edges. Set the desired dimensions on your hp/mana bars and place them accordingly in reference to the unit frame's background. Then place the text areas accordingly (you'll need to change the tags used by them to match the information you wish to display - there is an in-game help window for these). You can customize health/energy colors in Stuf's global options. Disable any frame elements you don't want/need.

All of this is from memory, so ask if you can't find something.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] UnitFrame layout