02-19-13, 08:33 PM   #21
stevewm
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
well... found the first big problem people were encountering. the libs xml is out of order, and tries to call aceconfig before acegui... since I have ace3 installed seperately it worked, without it installed it fails sincce aceconfig depends on acegui.

So that would explain why I had to install Ace3, Ace3GUI, and SharedMedia..

I noticed they where already present in the Carbonite folder, but it kept complaining they where missing until I installed them all separately.

Also, I noticed that Carbonite.Nodes does not appear to be working. Herb/Mine nodes are not appearing anywhere. If I try to Import any of the node locations it just says "Carbonite Nodes not loaded!"

02-19-13, 09:45 PM   #22
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by stevewm View Post

Also, I noticed that Carbonite.Nodes does not appear to be working. Herb/Mine nodes are not appearing anywhere. If I try to Import any of the node locations it just says "Carbonite Nodes not loaded!"
I had the same problem but fixed it with addon control panel.

Basically the nodes module is a "load on demand" module.. Open the addon control panel and click the "load" button next to the nodes module, then /reload and done.

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 02-19-13 at 09:57 PM.

02-19-13, 10:06 PM   #23
evie2883
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unhappy FPS Issues

I updated to the beta version this evening, and I love the new options interface. I have been looking forward to this update for a long time.

One small thing though. Whenever I have the Quests module loaded, I get a sharp drop in FPS every few seconds. It seems to get worse in populated areas, such as Stormwind, than it is in lower population areas, such as Argent Tournament. If I turn off the quest module, it seems to fix itself. Unfortunately the quest module is half the reason I love Carbonite so much. I went through the settings of the quest module, but nothing really seemed to help much.

I couldn't find anyone else mentioning this issue, and I wasn't entirely sure this was the place to post it, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I also tried it with Just Carbonite, and it still happens. I wish I could give more info, but there isn't really any error messages or whatnot.

02-19-13, 10:08 PM   #24
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
I had the same problem but fixed it with addon control panel.

Basically the nodes module is a "load on demand" module.. Open the addon control panel and click the "load" button next to the nodes module, then /reload and done.
Hmm.. I thought I had made them all autoload instead of load on demand, guess I missed that one.

02-19-13, 10:09 PM   #25
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by evie2883 View Post
One small thing though. Whenever I have the Quests module loaded, I get a sharp drop in FPS every few seconds. It seems to get worse in populated areas, such as Stormwind, than it is in lower population areas, such as Argent Tournament. If I turn off the quest module, it seems to fix itself. Unfortunately the quest module is half the reason I love Carbonite so much. I went through the settings of the quest module, but nothing really seemed to help much.

The same was kinda happening to me but I thought it was my lappy playing up... Again no lua errors to report...

In fact I have no lua errors at all with the carb beta...

02-19-13, 10:26 PM   #26
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by evie2883 View Post
hrmm.. well that's going to be annoying to debug without any errors being generated, if you turn off zone comms in privacy options does it still happen? are you grouped when it happens?

02-19-13, 10:41 PM   #27
evie2883
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm not grouped at the moment. Everything in Privacy is turned Off. I also unchecked everything in the Quest Module options. It seemed to stop for a minute, but then resumed again.

02-19-13, 10:45 PM   #28
evie2883
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm sorry, I realized that I had the errors turned off.

Last edited by evie2883 : 02-19-13 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Posted wrong error message

02-20-13, 08:26 AM   #29
pqee
A Fallenroot Satyr
The quest watch window isn't updating when an objective has more than 1 item (kill 5 mogu, or collect 20 idols etc...). It stays at 0 until I complete the whole quest/all objectives. I still get on screen messages saying what count I'm at, it's just the quest watch that isn't updating.

It's updating fine for objectives that only have 1 item. (whether is 1 objective with 1 item, or 4 objectives with only 1 item each).

Update: Ok so this time I login and things seem to be updating fine. I swear it wasn't updating at all last night after multiple logins. Maybe it's because they're all new quests today?

Last edited by pqee : 02-20-13 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Correction

02-20-13, 05:41 PM   #30
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Age induced eyesight problems and the beta font options

At 1920x1080 resolution my 68 year old eyes need 12 point font size just so I can read the darn text, so I quickly noticed three problems with the options to change the fonts point size...

1. The default font size for the Quest Watch window is quite small, I'd guess somewhere between 8-10 points, and I have a very hard time reading it. I went into options\fonts to adjust its size, but none of the font size options made any changes at all. It sort of looks like you accidentally left out any hooks to change font size in that window.

2. The HUD Tracking Arrows two text lines. Again, as in 1. above, I'd say a default point size somewhere between 8-10 points. You CAN change the font size of the two text lines, BUT vertical line spacing between the two text lines doesn't change as you increase the point size. The vertical spacing at 10 point is OK, squished at 11 point, and at 12 point or higher the two lines of text are quite noticeably jammed together (as in no vertical spacing at all). It doesn't look good, being very much hard on the eyes.

3. The Quest Log (L). Same as in 1. above, with one exception. The exception is that the windows title line is adjustable with the small font point size option, otherwise I can find no font size option that will change any of the windows other text.

---

I don't use the Quest Log that much so it's not that big of a deal. The Tracking Arrow and Quest Watch windows I continuously use, so readability problems definitely become an issue.

Other that that, so far at least for me, this build seems remarkably bug free for a beta.

Hell of a job programming Rythal....

02-20-13, 06:24 PM   #31
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Coasty View Post
At 1920x1080 resolution my 68 year old eyes need 12 point font size just so I can read the darn text, so I quickly noticed three problems with the options to change the fonts point size...

1. The default font size for the Quest Watch window is quite small, I'd guess somewhere between 8-10 points, and I have a very hard time reading it. I went into options\fonts to adjust its size, but none of the font size options made any changes at all. It sort of looks like you accidentally left out any hooks to change font size in that window.

2. The HUD Tracking Arrows two text lines. Again, as in 1. above, I'd say a default point size somewhere between 8-10 points. You CAN change the font size of the two text lines, BUT vertical line spacing between the two text lines doesn't change as you increase the point size. The vertical spacing at 10 point is OK, squished at 11 point, and at 12 point or higher the two lines of text are quite noticeably jammed together (as in no vertical spacing at all). It doesn't look good, being very much hard on the eyes.

3. The Quest Log (L). Same as in 1. above, with one exception. The exception is that the windows title line is adjustable with the small font point size option, otherwise I can find no font size option that will change any of the windows other text.

---

I don't use the Quest Log that much so it's not that big of a deal. The Tracking Arrow and Quest Watch windows I continuously use, so readability problems definitely become an issue.

Other that that, so far at least for me, this build seems remarkably bug free for a beta.

Hell of a job programming Rythal....
yes sadly I realized last night as I was fixing some other display problems in the quest options that I forgot the font options for questwatch and quest window... the settings are there, just not in the options. If you want to change it before I get the next version done, you can edit NxQuests and at the top is the default settings. The HUD font doesn't have spacing, but i'll get that added.

02-20-13, 10:22 PM   #32
evie2883
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Fixed

I did a few things last night before logging off for the night. One is that I installed SharedMedia, the other is that I re-enabled displaying Lua errors. Not sure which one fixed the issue I was having, but it seems to be fixed now. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

02-20-13, 10:27 PM   #33
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
now that's even more puzzling... I know I do calls to shared media for the fonts, but that shouldn't be lagging you... nor should it matter if you have it installed or not, something for me to test tommorow.

02-21-13, 08:49 AM   #34
pqee
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm making a new post on the quest watch issue I mentioned above so it doesn't get missed. I ran into 2 issues doing a bunch of MoP dailies.
  1. Sometimes doesn't update objective counts on the watch window. It either works fine or they stay at 0/#, never partial counts. I just can't figure out why it does/doesn't work yet.
  2. Quests that direct you to speak with another quest giver don't show up. eg. Finish first hub of Golden Lotus dailies and you get a quest to speak with xxxxxx at Whitepetal Lake. This quest doesn't show up on the quest watch or the map (which means the arrow points you to the next quest listed instead which could be from a completely different zone). Need to open the original Blizzard map to see where to go to turn it in.

Both are somewhat minor since they have workarounds though.

02-23-13, 01:21 PM   #35
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
next version is up... give er a whirl, it's also returning to curse now that I have settings importing working and it doesn't lose your 5.1 settings anymore.

02-23-13, 03:24 PM   #36
anteract
Premium Member
Premium Member
next version is up... give er a whirl, it's also returning to curse now that I have settings importing working and it doesn't lose your 5.1 settings anymore.
First notes:
1. Its not on curse yet, about 1 hour later than your post, probably there fault, but just in case you didn't click the buttons yet just wanted to mention it.

2. Loading game and first thing I see: "Put the game minimap into the Caronite map?..." Minimap is not where it belongs...

3. Multiple Swatter bug reports, the first part of each follows:
a. Date: 2013-02-23 12:44:30
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to index field 'Fav' (a nil value)
Debug:
Carbonite\NxFav.lua:25: in main chunk
Locals:
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxFav.lua:25
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'Fav' (a nil value)"

b. Date: 2013-02-23 12:44:31
ID: 2
attempt to index field 'Info' (a nil value)
Debug:
Carbonite\NxInfo.lua:25: in main chunk
Locals:
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxInfo.lua:25
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'Info' (a nil value)"

c. Date: 2013-02-23 12:44:31
ID: 3
attempt to index field 'Quest' (a nil value)
Debug:
Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:27: in main chunk
Locals:
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxQuest.lua:27
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'Quest' (a nil value)"

d. Date: 2013-02-23 12:44:31
ID: 4
attempt to index field 'Social' (a nil value)
Debug:
Carbonite\NxSocial.lua:26: in main chunk
Locals:
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxSocial.lua:26
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'Social' (a nil value)"

e. Date: 2013-02-23 12:44:31
ID: 5
attempt to index field 'Warehouse' (a nil value)
Debug:
Carbonite\NxWarehouse.lua:29: in main chunk
Locals:
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\NxWarehouse.lua:29
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'Warehouse' (a nil value)"

At this point, I opened carbonite settings, and "imported" (after "moving minimap" reload) The same 5 errors occurred again.

Perhaps import should pop on screen on first load rather than "move minimap?"

Warehouse works, map notes are there, so importing worked!

Trying a second toon. Same 5 errors but things look normal! And no importing required.

My 2 cents worth, hope it helps.

Dave

02-23-13, 04:21 PM   #37
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by anteract View Post
First notes:
1. Its not on curse yet, about 1 hour later than your post, probably there fault, but just in case you didn't click the buttons yet just wanted to mention it.
1) curse takes up to 12 hours to approve a file since I manually upload it.. i've never figured out the auto file uploading git stuff on there page

2) it's actually suppose to ask to move the minimap first start, since all settings including that one are reset with the new beta

3) you need to delete all the carbonite folders before installing the beta... based on your errors it looks like they weren't since every script that generated errors, is no longer part of the main carbonite (example: should of said Carbonite.Info\Nxinfo instead of Carbonite\Nxinfo) ... this is my fault aswell as I never updated the .toc file to no longer look for them as I moved them out, so if they exist it's using them... will be fixed for next release.

Last edited by Rythal : 02-23-13 at 05:45 PM.

02-23-13, 05:40 PM   #38
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

1) curse takes up to 12 hours to approve a file since I manually upload it.. i've never figured out the auto file uploading git stuff on there page
It should be on Curse momentarily. You got lucky, and I read this thread, then hopped to CurseForge and approved Carbonite (and some other things).

Assuming I don't read this thread, (or Torhal, or Phanx, or, or, or), you can send me a PM here and I will look into it for you.

02-23-13, 07:40 PM   #39
anteract
Premium Member
Premium Member
you need to delete all the carbonite folders before installing the beta... based on your errors it looks like they weren't since every script that generated errors, is no longer part of the main carbonite (example: should of said Carbonite.Info\Nxinfo instead of Carbonite\Nxinfo) ... this is my fault aswell as I never updated the .toc file to no longer look for them as I moved them out, so if they exist it's using them... will be fixed for next release.
Deleting the \addons\carbonite... folders and re-installing it removed every single lua error.

So.. to make it easier on someone else, delete the \addons\carbon... folders, but NOT the stuff in \wtf and its all good.

Dave

02-24-13, 12:31 AM   #40
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Assuming I don't read this thread, (or Torhal, or Phanx, or, or, or), you can send me a PM here and I will look into it for you.
Phanx isn't a moderator on CurseForge...

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Be gentle :|