02-19-11, 06:39 AM   #142
zynix
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Azande View Post
First timer here so be gentle

Still work in progress
I like it, simple and clean

Maybe you should hide the default combat text (The one over the targets heads)

02-19-11, 06:25 PM   #143
Deipotent
A Murloc Raider
@Azande

I think if you used the same borders/fonts etc and just kinda cleaned everything up, it would look a lot smoother in general. I like the style though, I've done a couple of those UI's myself. Awesome for PVP

02-20-11, 12:54 AM   #144
Ulostthegame
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
scrapped the UI I have been using and worked on this today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UIFINAL.jpg
Views:	894
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	5776  

02-20-11, 01:59 AM   #145
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

what texture are you using fot your ufs??
and where can i get it??

02-20-11, 09:39 AM   #146
Ulostthegame
A Theradrim Guardian
The texture is called Melli, I believe it comes as an included texture in SharedMedia.

02-20-11, 01:25 PM   #147
Rosoaa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

New cool hidden frames with the click of a panel.

Frames Hidden:
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...11-141428.jpeg

Frames Shown:
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...11-141929.jpeg

02-20-11, 04:07 PM   #148
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Trying out a new font (and wiping a few minutes later).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	newfont.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	630.2 KB
ID:	5778  

02-20-11, 07:54 PM   #149
Desu
A Defias Bandit

This is what I've been fiddling around with lately. I've tried a few UF layouts but this, where everything important is gathered in one spot to the middle right, is the only one that I really liked. I'm a little unsure on the colors though, I ended up using those as temporary colors when I created the frames and since then stuck with them. The same goes for most fonts.

Some stuff, like the chat and tooltip, are currently placed a bit random, I'll get to that at a later stage though. Oh, and the combat text is unfinished and I haven't even downloaded an addon for buffs/debuffs yet. I'm thinking of getting SBF, but I'm a bit picky with the size.
I've also considered replacing Buttonfacade with rActionButtonStyler, because of said reason.

02-21-11, 07:30 AM   #150
Kendian
A Molten Giant

The second is one Ive been using, the first is one I tried to give a druid-ish feel, lemme know what ya think~
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Leaf.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	5782  Click image for larger version

Name:	Dragon.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	5783  

02-21-11, 07:35 AM   #151
zynix
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
The second is one Ive been using, the first is one I tried to give a druid-ish feel, lemme know what ya think~
The first one has a very natural feel to it, not druid-ish. At least not in my mind. And those bears, while cute, seem malplaced.
But I like the second shot more, simply because it's sharper

02-21-11, 11:15 AM   #152
Rej
A Defias Bandit
UI i've been working on.. i dont know what it is, but im not happy about something with it... any criticism is greatly appreciated.

02-21-11, 01:23 PM   #153
Mischback
A Cobalt Mageweaver

@Desu

I would never mind to play with something like that, but damn, this is really sexy!
On my first look I could not stand the bright borders, but it looks really cool. Please, make your nameplates fitting and this would be a real cool interface!

02-21-11, 03:43 PM   #154
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
[quote=Rej;230259]UI i've been working on.. i dont know what it is, but im not happy about something with it... any criticism is greatly appreciated.

i assume its a healer bias'd ui, u want your grid easy accessible but not in the way. i think u want grid bottom center, with a single small strip of accual CD spells, spells wich have no CD dont really need to be on the screen, u should know them by heart, imo. you could have them faded with show on mouseover on some other part of the screen when u need to config or lookup something, the main point here is if it doesnt need to be seen in combat, then u dont need it in the way. im struggling with this issue aswell atm.

02-21-11, 04:20 PM   #155
sevti
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Rej
UI i've been working on.. i dont know what it is, but im not happy about something with it... any criticism is greatly appreciated.
For me, I wouldn't be able to have so much stacking up in the center like that. It looks as though if you put up any more hots your character would disappear! Also, as with above you've got too many actionbar buttons shown for me. Although that might be mostly position as well; I like to have my buttons either to the side or below the raid frames, so that I look at my character to see where fire is and then I see the raid frames to know whose health is where. Keybinds/cooldowns are the third consideration, so are third from my vision.

Originally Posted by Kendian
The first one is kind of cute, but it's hard to balance "natural" textures with abrupt edges. It looks unfinished in a way, since the leaves end in straight smooth corners and perfectly aligned edges, and personally I don't think the font and unit frames mesh with it well. Also, nelf druid forms for a tauren druid!? lol I think they're really cute though!

The second looks smooth and finished, and I really like it.

02-21-11, 06:54 PM   #156
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Ailae - Since you have a raid frame, you should set your party frames to hide in raid . You don't need to see your group on the side there, and your group in the raid frame, it's redundant. And since you're healing, are you looking over there anyway, or just looking at your raid frames? Something to consider.

Desu - Since you've moved your minimap, you should get a buff addon that will let you move your buffs. You will have more space to work with and there won't be an odd looking blank space where the map used to be.

Rej - What makes that look a bit off is that your timer, target, self and raid frames are all the same width, but the action bar is wider, sticking out on each side. You will also be able to bring all of your textures together if you skin your buffs and tooltip. Also, do you need to be able to see your shape bar during combat? If not, you can set that bar to show on mouseover and move it elsewhere. If you use hotkeys for shifting, you don't need to have it visible at all.

02-21-11, 07:03 PM   #157
Othgar
"That" Guy

Rej; I have to agree with sevti, it's too high in the center. not spread out enough really. Try the raid frames on one side or the other and move your action bars, and spell timer down. At least that's what I'd do.

02-22-11, 02:49 AM   #158
otrebla
A Kobold Labourer

02-22-11, 09:09 AM   #159
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by otrebla View Post
ANyway we could see a shot in combat? This is actually kinda sexy.

02-22-11, 12:13 PM   #160
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Trying to decide on a UF, but cant get it exactly right, and its driving me crazy, lol. The first is what I've been using, the second is a variation of it, and third is split player UF, with a centered target UF. SOMETHING is not quite right about ANY of them, but can't put my finger on it, which causes me to stand around, adjust /rl, stand around, adjust, /rl, ad infinitum.
Suggestions PLEASE, lol.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dragon.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	5785  Click image for larger version

Name:	reg.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	5786  Click image for larger version

Name:	split.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	5787  

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » UI Feedback Thread