01-11-10, 04:40 AM   #1
taslehoft
A Defias Bandit
EQCompare compatibility

Hi,

thank you very much for the work you do with this wonderful addon.
The purpose of my message is to know if there is any way to make compatible with EQCompare and nUI, because attempts to install I get a message from info in the window indicating that addon can not run due to incompatibility with the base of Nui? ?. There is one that is compatible or is there some way to do it with EQcompare?
thanks

01-11-10, 06:30 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
o.O

Can you post the exact error message that you are receiving please?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-11-10, 06:30 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Does EQCompare work without any other addons ? It is over a year old and it is possible that it no longer works with WoW itself. No addon will say it is specifically incompatible with nUI but incompatible with WoW itself.

Also, a comment on the curse page says this :

For all those with the 'incompatible' error - change your release type to 'beta'. The 'release' version (1.4 something) doesn't work with 3.3. The 'beta' (2.0) does.
Try the addon and its suggested work around with no other addons around if it still comes up with the message you will need to find an alternative or hope someone will take over the project or come up with an alternative.

EQCompare Link :
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...eqcompare.aspx

Edit: Ah, a later comment has a link to this addon:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ipCompare.html

Try that one as it sounds like it may be an updated version.

01-11-10, 07:52 AM   #4
taslehoft
A Defias Bandit
The message of incompatibility has gone to put the ACE2 (only had ACE3). Even so, the addon does not incompatibility but neither works.
Xrystal, I installed the one you've set up and working properly. I guess I should install a version too old (although it works without the Nui installed). Continue to test to see if I get the error again and I commented.
The exact message I do not remember, but the selection of addons window wrote "compatibility error with another addon libraries installed" or something similar
a greeting and thanks

01-11-10, 08:04 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I don't use it myself but I do not believe any addon can specifically say it is incompatible with another one without mentioning it on its download page itself and not inside the game.

There are several other comments made on the curse website talking about incompatibility and none of them mention nUI itself.

So, basically, turn off all addons except for the EQCompare or EquipCompare and then see if it works. If not, then it is something to do with the addon and most likely nothing that can be done at nUI's end without knowing the error message itself.

01-11-10, 08:15 AM   #6
taslehoft
A Defias Bandit
That's why I did not understand because he had never seen such a message in the game surprised me. I think it's the older version of the addon, because it gives me the above works perfectly.
again thanks for the attention

01-11-10, 09:21 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/slightly off-topic

EQCompare and EquipCompare are two different addons. There is also tekKompare.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-10-11, 01:52 PM   #8
Brandmauer
A Kobold Labourer
EQCompare and EquipCompare, these are two different addons with about the same functionality. Both are working on Cata 4.0.6, but EQCompare is broken when you are using AtlasLoot version 6 together with EQCompare. Therefore I suggest to use EquipCompare at the moment.

I have updated EQCompare already on December 2010 to fix this bug, but on Curse I don't get access to the project and new EQCompare Cata project will be removed, because it's not a new project/development and I don't have the permission from the original author. May be I will upload the fixed EQCompare on wowinterface soon.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » EQCompare compatibility