04-30-09, 11:47 AM   #1
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

My Funny String of Numbers

US2006027321,

Why do you have all those odd numbers around your name? What do they mean? Do you realize that when you first showed up here, you looked like a spam-bot? Is there a better way we can reference you without have to type or copy-paste all that nonsense?
I am an uber-geek. "No, I'm an uber-geek. I script add-ons for a pay-to-play game." (Yes, that was me taking a pot-shot. I jest. :P) That does qualify you, but allow me to offer my credentials. I like to play White-Wolf games. More specifically, I like to LARP them. (If you follow that link, ignore the picture. Those guys are way geekier than I am. In fact, they're downright weird.) Geekier still, I pay $20 a year to be a part of the national chronicle by being a member of the Camarilla Membership. My logon name here is my Camarilla Membership number. It means I'm from the United States, and I joined on February of 2006. (I've actually been LARPing for far longer than that; that's just when I joined up with an official membership.) I have no clue what the last four digits are. I've actually tried to scan the listing of Cam numbers and information associated with them, and I have no clue. They seem to be randomly generated.

I realized after I'd joined up and sent a few messages to a few developers that I did look very much like a spam-bot. I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I'm clearly not a spam-bot. When I first showed up, I didn't expect to stay long, but Cairenn, Tekkub, and many others in the community at large have done a magnificent job of winning my heart, and now I want to stay here.

If you don't want to cook up copy pasta every time you want to reference me, you may simply call me Nate since that's my name. It's a pleasure to be here, folks! Thanks for the warm welcome. ^^

I remain,
~ N8!

04-30-09, 04:05 PM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You know it's funny .. I was gonna ask the same question.

I recently did a Google search and not much came up on your name (this was after I googled a binary/hex convertor to look up the string you had for your sig )... except a few posting from here and Curse as well as the Camarilla website and a NWRegion website . Both had your number and now that I know it your name.

Well let me say Welcome to the site and glad your staying. It's a wonderful community .. even when it goes through some rough times (the new WoW policies and Matrix to name a few) and the site Moderators (the best moderators on any site I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of) do an EXCEPTIONAL job at keeping it civil but still allowing people to voice their opinions.

I check this site several times a day just to see what people are talking about .. either to just chat or help where I can.

Again .. Welcome.
04-30-09, 05:23 PM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I couldn't have said it better than Sepioth (I did ~the same research, curiosity killed the... damn, I better be careful not to get another title under me name).

Welcome N8, I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have.
04-30-09, 06:28 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

/Waves to Nate

I enjoy reading your humorous posts... especially if I feel icky because it's guaranteed to cheer me up!
04-30-09, 08:13 PM   #5
BWarner
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
(...curiosity killed the... damn, I better be careful not to get another title under me name).
Thank you. You just made my day.

And I've had an unbelievably terrible day. =)
04-30-09, 10:34 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
When I first showed up, I didn't expect to stay long, but Cairenn, Tekkub, and many others in the community at large have done a magnificent job of winning my heart, and now I want to stay here.
Aww crap, I knew I was doing something wrong! Damnit all, I always get those mixed up.

It's supposed to be: "Scare away the newcomers, be rude to the long timers, just be vile over all", not "be nice".

*Tries to remember that for future.*

So I guess it's too late to scare you away now? Crap!
04-30-09, 10:51 PM   #7
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
So I guess it's too late to scare you away now? Crap!
If Tekkub didn't manage, you should know there's no hope.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
04-30-09, 11:46 PM   #8
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Thank you all for your kind words. I couldn't be more thrilled to be here.

Cairenn, Torhal, it is definitely way too late to scare me off. And to be honest, Tekkub and I are nearly two sides of the same coin. It just so happens that I also like women, so we aren't completely on the same coin.

EDIT: Woot!! I'm a cyclonian. Wao!

Last edited by us2006027321 : 04-30-09 at 11:50 PM.
04-30-09, 11:53 PM   #9
Sythalin
Curse staff

Just remember, I haven't tried yet either.
04-30-09, 11:59 PM   #10
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Just remember, I haven't tried yet either.
Bah. What're you going to do: tell me some bafflingly awful story and then ask me why I'm so serious?

Your bluff: I'm callin' it. :P

05-01-09, 09:12 AM   #11
Rhaethe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Hey, at least you got a "Hello and Welcome" when you zoomed into the boards

I've actually dabbled a bit in WW larping. Then I got hooked on boffer larping.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I'm a woman that enjoys chasing after people in state parks with latex weaponry, plumbing supplies and birdseed.

For Halloween, I'll actually be running an event ... and it's looking to be a Zombie Extravagaza a la Dead Alive and Night of the Living Dead and whatnot.

Maybe. We'll see.

Anywho, I'm starting to digress wildly, and I'm not even sure what I'm responding to anymore ...

MOAR COFFEE!!!!!!!!
05-01-09, 10:12 AM   #12
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

OMG!! Boffer!!! That stuff is so much fun! This Halloween, we're doing a Ninja v. Priates boffer. I'll post pics for you guys. Of course, I'm going to be a Pirate. I'm going to have a first mate, some crew members, and a bunch of wenches. My roommate is going to be a ninja, and he's going to have a bunch of ninja buddies (w/e the hell it is that ninjas call themselves on the rare occassion that they group up), and we're going to go through Boise's downtown and cause all kinds of awesome havoc. I look forward to the pics. ^^

05-01-09, 10:51 AM   #13
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
OMG!! Boffer!!! That stuff is so much fun! This Halloween, we're doing a Ninja v. Priates boffer. I'll post pics for you guys. Of course, I'm going to be a Pirate. I'm going to have a first mate, some crew members, and a bunch of wenches. My roommate is going to be a ninja, and he's going to have a bunch of ninja buddies (w/e the hell it is that ninjas call themselves on the rare occassion that they group up), and we're going to go through Boise's downtown and cause all kinds of awesome havoc. I look forward to the pics. ^^
I think it's either a "gaggle" or a "murder" of ninjas. Personally, I'd go with gaggle as murder is sooo overused.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
05-01-09, 10:56 AM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
A gaggle of ninjas hehe
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-01-09, 10:58 AM   #15
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by voodoodad2000 View Post
I think it's either a "gaggle" or a "murder" of ninjas. Personally, I'd go with gaggle as murder is sooo overused.
I like "gaggle" better anyways. It sounds like more of a taunt, and Lord knows I like taunting the emo little ninjas who are more concerned about not being seen than getting anything done. ~_^

Yeah! I said it. What?!

Haha, Scalebane. In your posts, stealin' your .gif's...

05-01-09, 11:01 AM   #16
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I am so much better at making stuff up when I'm completely exhausted

05-01-09, 11:04 AM   #17
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by voodoodad2000 View Post
I am so much better at making stuff up when I'm completely exhausted
Wow! You were reletively credible with that "murder" of ninjas bit. I know they aren't crows, but it sounded good. I know "gaggle" is definitely not hte word, but it applies, and I'm using it.

05-01-09, 11:14 AM   #18
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I strive to achieve relative credibility along with sustained mediocrity every day of my life, so I am well pleased.

I give you in return;

05-02-09, 10:52 AM   #19
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Pssssst, N8, your "choral instructor" quote is actually from Heinlein... ;-)

It's his character "Lazarus Long" - shows up in "Time Enough for Love".

"The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: "Of course it's none of my business, but..." is to place a period after the word "but". Don't use excessive force in supplying such a moron with a period. Cutting his throat is only a momentary pleasure and is bound to get you talked about." -- Lazarus Long
05-02-09, 12:48 PM   #20
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

A Serenity quote for a sig??? I want to bare your children!

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » My Funny String of Numbers