03-18-10, 10:52 AM   #1
GeeksBsmrT
A Murloc Raider
Druid macros, timers, and stack counts

Scott,

Let me first say thank you for the amazing GUI. By far the best around. Everything needed is in one place. However, I have recently dual-specced my kitty to a bear. With this I mad some macros to make tanking easier one such macro is:

#showtooltip Mangle (Bear)
/cast Mangle (Bear)()
/cast !Maul

This is set to keep maul always queued so I don't have to remember to queue it. The problem is it will display the cooldown left on mangle but not the debuff duration. Another issue I am finding is with my Lacerate macro. It is made the same way. Since Lacerate does not have a cooldown nothing is displayed (stack count, or debuff.) Also with Lacerate would it be possible to have the action bar display both the stack count and debuff at the same time? Or are these disadvantages of the macros? Thanks!

03-18-10, 11:01 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That might be a limitation of what information is out there in the system. I am sure Scott will correct if I am understanding this incorrectly but the debuff duration and cooldown timers are taken from the information blizzard gives you when checking what debuffs are available on the current target. It's possible that the information is unable to get displayed against your macro as it isn't a direct spell/ability button.

However, the showtooltip option should give the impression of one and I would have thought it would react in the same way. Unless that latter part is a limitation of how nUI checks what action button to update rather than the information Blizzard gives out.

03-18-10, 11:05 AM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Xrystal is correct... the debuff duration is determined by mapping the action on the button to the debuff on the target. Since a macro doesn't have a clear "action" assigned to it, there's no way to determine which debuff to attach to it. I hope to implement a solution to that in nUI6 but allowing you to specify what debuffs to map to buttons.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-18-10, 12:40 PM   #4
GeeksBsmrT
A Murloc Raider
Great! Thanks for the fast response. Keep up the amazing work.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Druid macros, timers, and stack counts