03-27-10, 04:33 PM   #21
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

have you tried what i suggested? just log into an alt that has minimal addons and in a nonpopulated area. log out then into your main. works great for me!

03-27-10, 07:33 PM   #22
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've been having this same issue since 3.3.3 as well, so you're not alone. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing helps. It's definitely a blizz issue.
03-27-10, 08:37 PM   #23
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I had it happen to me twice .. the third time I got through .. could be addon related, could be dalaran related but I didn't do anything different to get it to work .. it just worked the third time I tried rofl.
03-27-10, 11:53 PM   #24
Raesoth
OmNomNom's Pet

Premium Member
Its been happening to me as well. It doesn't seem to matter if I log into an alt in the middle of some remote inn or to my main in Dalaran. My first login will always hang at the fully loaded screen .. alt F4 out and bang I'm in the 2nd try, with any char.. pretty frustrating second to my OOM errors in northrend even with the 'fix' that's out there.

03-28-10, 11:18 AM   #25
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Well I found a good way to bye pass the loading issues and it has worked for a few days, funny part is you need a add on to make it work.

I have used "Addon Control Panel" for a long time to swap profiles on my toons for leveling set all the way to raiding set.

I found that in the back ground it sets the order my adds load when i swap addon sets. So I tried some thing.

1. I logged on to my game
2. disabled all my addons but ACP and loaded the game , it will load fine. I did need to do this at lest one time on each of my Toons.
3. when your in game open the menu via "ESC" then click on the button called "Addons"
4. Click on all the addons you wish to have load on that toon or all toons and make a set name for it. save that set and reload the game via its reload button. your game now works with the addons and more no alt4 nedd or other stuff.
5. after this is done on each toon you can now swap toons any time and load game just find.

You only need to do this one time only for each toon you actively play or wish to log in too. after that ACP pe-sets up the loading order and loads all of blizz stuff first then your current set for that toon.

Not sure if this work around will work with any other add on management addon out there.

hope this helps some of you,
Kiawen
03-28-10, 11:36 AM   #26
Sinjyn
A Defias Bandit
This is happening to me as well even after trying all the "fixes". I've noticed that once I do get properly logged in (after killing WoW via the task manager after the first attempt) the latency is pegged at 5k then will slowly return to my usual value around 50ms. What this tells me is that it is an issue with the Blizzard's netcode even though they try to shift the blame to the users, as usual.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Just curious how wide spread this WoW issue is