05-03-13, 05:48 AM   #1
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Talking Kkthnx_ElvUI Feedback / Suggestions!

As many of you know I started back my ElvUI layout and am only managing 1 now.

I have been through so many layouts its not even funny to think about. Anyways I am bringing another layout to the table. More changes. Cleaner style and look. Things neatly placed.

I am looking for a lot of feedback before I put this one for download! Maybe beta first this download? Not sure. I have been working on my external edit as I study lua more as I wanna make an external edit that has everything needed and one day my own UI that I can fully call mine.

I am needing all the feedback I can get from you all. I am wanting to make this a UI usable to all classes. Not having to change your layout every 2 or 3 fights or something along the lines of that.

All feedback is welcome! GO GO!

Last edited by Kkthnx : 07-14-13 at 03:04 PM.
05-03-13, 06:22 PM   #2
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Let me begin by saying this UI works perfectly as is, the following suggestions are just minor things I would change if I were to use it; personal preferences, if you please.

Borders on chat/meters/action bars/ancillary bars panels are different.
Alternate power bar has name of boss on it AND above it. Once is sufficient, in my opinion.
Chat background: would either do away with it, or shadow/outline on font, both are overkill.
Boss Frame has portrait, no other unit frame does.
Showing your debuffs on boss frame and target frame, again, once is sufficient.
Having colored indicators AND numbered cooldowns on your debuffs is again overkill.
The font on, is it a threat meter? Under the chat? I would have that pixelated to match the others.

As you can see, these are VERY minor changes, and lean very heavily towards personal preferences. This UI does exactly what it claims to: Minimal screen real estate taken up, with most needed information displayed.
Very well done~
05-05-13, 06:35 PM   #3
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
Let me begin by saying this UI works perfectly as is, the following suggestions are just minor things I would change if I were to use it; personal preferences, if you please.

Borders on chat/meters/action bars/ancillary bars panels are different.
Alternate power bar has name of boss on it AND above it. Once is sufficient, in my opinion.
Chat background: would either do away with it, or shadow/outline on font, both are overkill.
Boss Frame has portrait, no other unit frame does.
Having colored indicators AND numbered cooldowns on your debuffs is again overkill.
The font on, is it a threat meter? Under the chat? I would have that pixelated to match the others.

As you can see, these are VERY minor changes, and lean very heavily towards personal preferences. This UI does exactly what it claims to: Minimal screen real estate taken up, with most needed information displayed.
Very well done~
Will see what I can do about some of these suggestions. Thank you very much for letting me know your thoughts.
05-06-13, 03:46 AM   #4
humfras
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
I disagree because Boss1 and target are not always the same. Especially for fight with various bosses (e.g. HoF), a boss aura frame is very helpfull.
07-12-13, 07:13 AM   #5
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Updated this to grab some feeback on this WIP layout. This is ElvUI with a bit of modifications of other addons and squaring away some other things.

I would love to hear what people think about it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Kkthnx_ElvUI Feedback / Suggestions!