04-07-09, 06:25 PM   #1
Vinda
A Defias Bandit
Your favorite way of using favorites?

Okay a little curious out of you guys using Carbonite.. I've never used the favorites feature. i read the post on the old forums about using it and saw the video on using it as well here.

I was wondering how many others use this and what you have set it up to help you with?

Looking for ideas! Thanks

04-07-09, 07:46 PM   #2
Sondgerothja
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Honestly... it's one of the options i know almost nothing about...

04-08-09, 08:51 AM   #3
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
I have mine set up with my dailies route's.

Also help full for making notes on farming areas, and fishing spots.

04-08-09, 09:32 AM   #4
Xolan
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I still honestly don't know what it does... nor how to use it, despite reading the faq/tut/walk on carb's forums.

Then again I never felt the need to figure it out

04-08-09, 10:31 AM   #5
Jezzabel
A Cyclonian

I use it probably in a way that suit only my needs hahaha, I keep in it all my notes about Rares, specific places I want to go back one day, quests I removed.

04-08-09, 03:51 PM   #6
Oakayam
Premium Member

I have been meaning to port some of my Tinypad notes there but haven't got around to it . I keep my JC dailies locs of choice as they aren't in Database - since the mobs types can be found all over Northend it would be hard to do add them I guess. Pretty much all the stuff that is related to location and I want to remember something about goes there, like books in Daralan and other achievements, some quests notes, recipe farming locs, rep farming info, etc

I have plans to do the daily route thing someday too, just haven't got around to it either as got all reps (that can be farmed via dallies ) maxed so I haven't been keeping up with it

04-09-09, 08:36 AM   #7
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

So far I've used favourites to set up routes for:

New Year event: Optimised route (Horde) for visiting Elders
I found this very helpful, particularly when repeating the event on alts.

Achievement - Higher Learning: Optimised route for checking book locations
Useful until locations become memorised (which didn't take long).

I plan to set up a route for Midsummer event route for visiting fires.
Possible another one for daily quests, though I've gone off of them recently.

04-09-09, 09:56 AM   #8
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Incidentally, it would be great if there was some way for Carbonite users to share their favourites.

I'll post my suggestion seperately

04-09-09, 01:19 PM   #9
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Sondgerothja View Post
Honestly... it's one of the options i know almost nothing about...
Favorites are a way of adding your own paths to Carbonite for any location or set of locations you choose. For example, you might add pathing information for visiting event NPCs (e.g. the Elder's in the New Year event), which you can then reuse on alts or when the event comes around the following year. It's pretty quick and easy to do once you get your head around the process.

There's a Favorites (sic) tutorial here: http://www.carboniteaddon.com/cs/for...px?PageIndex=1

I'm hoping this will be migrated to this forum soon (preferably before the old forums are closed) as it's very useful.

Tip: If you plan to chain a number of points together into a multi-point path hold ctrl and shift down when you click on the map while recording a new favourite objective.

Last edited by Unbelievable : 04-09-09 at 01:48 PM.

04-16-09, 08:06 AM   #10
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I've added my very own step-by-step favorites tutorial to the Carbonite General forum ( http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22249 ) as I found the one on the old site, while extremely useful, not very intuitive for first time Favorite creation.

Enjoy

04-17-09, 10:09 AM   #11
satterwc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
I've added my very own step-by-step favorites tutorial to the Carbonite General forum ( http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22249 ) as I found the one on the old site, while extremely useful, not very intuitive for first time Favorite creation.

Enjoy

Nice tutorial. I'm there with most of the other commenters.. have used Carbonite for a while now, but don't (didn't until your tutorial) know the first thing about Favorites or even how they could be used. So.. Thanks!

04-20-09, 10:20 AM   #12
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Glad to be assistance

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Your favorite way of using favorites?