12-29-10, 07:03 PM   #1
bmtphoenix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Bummed about inability to import nodes? Here's a suggestion.

Personally, one of the main reasons that I use some sort of routing program for gathering is simply because I hate gathering with no direction. I've found a way to make it a little less painful, though.

What I've been doing is this...

1. Do an X, from corner to corner, of the zone that you want to gather in. Pick up every node that you can find.

2. Do a +, as well as you can. Pick up every node that you can find.

3. Set Carbonite to route the current gather locations. Even if you only have 5-10 nodes at this point, it should route you pretty well all over the map. You'll notice that you very quickly build up to 50+ nodes by gathering the ones that aren't marked along the way to the ones that are. Make sure that if you see someone grabbing a node, that you swoop down and get at least one hit on it, if at all possible, to add it to your database.

This might seem obvious to some, but it helped me out a lot.

01-03-11, 10:45 AM   #2
foopex
A Murloc Raider
That's a pretty damn good way to go about it. Recreate the route every lap. As long as you keep finding more nodes it will expand and get more complicated, thus covering more area to find more nodes to Recreate a bigger route. I know I repeated what you said, just in a way that paints a nice picture in my head.

That even sounds like fun to us OCD freaks.

01-03-11, 11:44 AM   #3
pohli1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
And for germans

Have a look at this

So, I have re-written the carbonite.lua for german mining. Now it works perfect. Hope it's okay for you to share the file via rapid. Here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/440558116/Carbonite.lua

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Bummed about inability to import nodes? Here's a suggestion.