11-30-12, 08:25 AM   #1
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Question anti-pvp /cast macro

Hello,

I'm from a PvE realm, and looking for a way to cast a damaging ability that needs to hit mobs only (not players) to avoid becoming pvp-flagged accidentally.

I hope I can do it with a macro, and if so, I finally can spam a damaging ability (before the spawn) to tap some specific mobs without having feared of some enemy players turn me pvp-flagged. They often turn their PvP on and walk in range to intercept some side damage and turn me PvP-flagged aswell. I want to avoid this.

I found some interesting macros around the net but not that specific I want to use for the above. I was thinking of a "/cast [conditionals] MyTappingSpell " style macro but I couldn't found the proper conditionals to make it damage the mobs but not the players.

If that's just not possible, lets say I have a mob named "Amob" I want to spam-tag when it spawns. can I do this by avoiding to hit enemy players?

Something like "/cast [target=Amob] MySpell" -- but that doesn't seem to work.

Thank you for any help!
11-30-12, 08:55 AM   #2
Julchen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Macro conditionals
no - learn to target properly or fight.
11-30-12, 09:25 AM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Best you can do is some targetexact macros for the rares of interest to your faction.

Example for alliance player
Code:
/cleartarget
/targetexact Kar Warmaker
/targetexact Muerta
/targetexact Ubunti the Shade
/stopmacro [noexists,dead]
/cast [exists,nodead,harm]Tapping Spell
Dalan Nightbreaker
Disha Fearwarden
Mavis Harms
are the ones for horde (enGB, you'll have to find their names if you're playing on non-english locale)

Last edited by Dridzt : 11-30-12 at 10:55 AM.
11-30-12, 10:30 AM   #4
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Thanks for the answer, Dridzt!

So there is no way to filter out players but is there a way to filter by mob name or ID?

I read somewhere a multi-row macro. In this macro the first row was something like " /cast [conditions] Spellname " and is explained below: "if the conditions are not present the macro will skip the spell cast and jumps to the next row..." by the author.

Basically, that idea could also be feasible for my issue.
Can we tell a macro to check if the required mob (name or ID) defined in the [conditions] is present and if so, the macro executes the spell cast. If the required mob is not present then the macro does not execute the spell cast.

Is it possible somehow?
11-30-12, 10:52 AM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, the macro conditionals were already linked to you.
If it's not there (and unit by name is not) it's not possible.

I gave you an alternative because what you're asking specifically is not doable like the first answer says.
11-30-12, 10:58 AM   #6
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Ohh, missed Julchen's post.

Okies, thank you guys and thanks for the alternative. Will try that out.

Whoa Dridzt, it just works perfectly! Thanks m8

Last edited by Voxxel : 11-30-12 at 12:37 PM.
11-30-12, 07:37 PM   #7
Magicalhats27
A Fallenroot Satyr

Mousewheel might a simple macro alternative

Also, something not as technical and cool you can try would be to make a mouseover macro for the spell you want to pull with and keybind it to (scroll up) on your mousewheel.

This way your eyes will be fixated on the middle of the screen as you'll coordinating the mob distance from your cursor position. It'll make you faster than the other players who are trying to grab your mobs and you'll also be much less likely flag yourself mis-targeting

Theres also other benefits of using the mouse wheel to pull precisely, but like I said, I'm not gonna get technical. Take it from a PvPer.

Hope this helps - Cheers.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » anti-pvp /cast macro