05-02-15, 03:17 AM   #1
Atwood
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MSBT Spam Reduces?

Hello, a question I feel by MSBT to spammed full've issued some can someone give me a few tips to reduce the spam without the numbers and names off permit to cut /. Just hook make out I do not need that is meant!
05-02-15, 04:30 AM   #2
MiRai
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Only you know what you want to see on the screen, so I would suggest opening up the options of the add-on and looking through which values, and what information, you find useful. As far as I can remember, the settings are pretty straightforward in MSBT.
05-02-15, 01:08 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Mirai is right. You just need to play with the options to show only what you want to see on the screen.

I found xCT+ to be far better than MSBT and much much easier to customize, but of course it's a personal preference. Just tossing that out there in case you want to try something different.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/xct-plus
05-03-15, 02:54 PM   #4
gmarco
An Onyxian Warder

I am using MSBT and used in the past Parrot (which seems not developed anymore).

I'd like something easier and possibly configurable via LUA.
The old xct doesn't work anymore ?

Thanks.
05-03-15, 05:13 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Hrm, you could possibly configure xct+ via lua, but all of the options are GUI. I prefer easy to understand options since I'm old and have little patience anymore lol.

Not sure about old xct.... I use xct+ which is kept up to date. I only recently discovered it over on the ElvUI forums, but it's also being offered on Curse.

If it matters any; I just switched from MSBT to xct+. It's a much better addon imho.

Last edited by Petrah : 05-03-15 at 05:16 PM.
05-04-15, 01:17 AM   #6
gmarco
An Onyxian Warder

I'll give it a try even if I don't have any real iussue with MSBT right now (not have in the paste with Parrot).
Now I prefer to have a LUA based config addon for portability iussue, but it is an another old story :-)

Btw since we are here to test I'll to try also sct/sctd with xct/sct+ and then I'll let we see ...

Thanks very much Petrah for you interesting tips.
05-04-15, 10:46 AM   #7
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

When I was still playing I also gave xCT+ a try at around the same time I switched to ElvUI.
It has better defaults I won't deny that.

"Better" than MSBT is a stretch though at least feature-wise.

To give a simple example, xCT+ can't show player reflects (you reflected something)

MSBT is a little unwieldy and spammy if you don't take the time to tailor it to your needs but it remains the reference scrolling combat text addon, with the most comprehensive combatlog coverage.

That's not to take anything away from xCT+ I used and was quite happy with it, but it's not objectively (in a quantifiable way such as CLEU coverage) better than MSBT.
05-04-15, 11:15 AM   #8
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
I kinda use MSBT since it came out, and currently i help in some development too, i personally like that it's a bit spammy, makes combat/fighting a bit more intresting, since you can feel that something is actually happening.
05-04-15, 11:30 AM   #9
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

I like that MSBT has events you can setup. I know there are other addons that do this, but it is fairly simple. I use it for things like have I hit max combo/holy power and have it play a sound. Useful for me in a raid setting.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MSBT Spam Reduces?