06-28-15, 10:31 AM   #1
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Data Updates

Cut from another thread to not mix up with problem with stablemaster & co

Just began to update data will do this next weeks

Inkeepers are Inn now, only Garison Subzone I will leave out becuase of it's 3 Stages and Positions choices by character (Building places)

Greetings Samyonair
\___________________________________________________
Carbonite Translation Team Member; Carbonite Forum Mod
07-01-15, 05:07 PM   #2
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Is there a way I can help with data gathering? I build gaming rigs, and use my wow account to test each rig, before shipping, I play 6 to 8 hours a day, with 12 different toons, and cover both factions. If there is a data collector to gather my questing and node information, to allow me to help with the improvement of this addon, let me know.
07-02-15, 05:27 AM   #3
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Svegan View Post
Is there a way I can help with data gathering? I build gaming rigs, and use my wow account to test each rig, before shipping, I play 6 to 8 hours a day, with 12 different toons, and cover both factions. If there is a data collector to gather my questing and node information, to allow me to help with the improvement of this addon, let me know.
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...d.php?p=305177

As to NPC they are also gathered... But this data is in other file WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNUBER\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua.

Last edited by ircdirk : 07-02-15 at 05:38 AM.
07-05-15, 12:30 PM   #4
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can determine the location of the NPCs in the garrison buildings by determining which plots the buildings are in and what level the buildings are. There are Blizzard APIs to get a lot of the data, but some of the data is not available in the Blizzard APIs if you have not been in the garrison before you query them. For example, if you login and are away from the garrison, calling the APIs gives you less information than if you have been to the garrison already. My addon, Grail, handles this by keeping its own table of how the different buildings related to each other (the different levels of buildings). If you look at Grail to see that it has prerequisites of specific buildings, etc. including different locations, you can see what it does. However, if you would like more information just let me know.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Dev Talk » Data Updates