01-13-14, 01:33 PM   #1
Duugu
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is the animation group/animation feature with fontstring objects broken or something?

I'm currently working on an action bar mod and I'm creating action buttons via Blizzards ActionBarButtonTemplate template. Works as expected. I'm not doing any modification to ActionBarButtonTemplate. Is't the pure Blizzard template.

If I create an animation group/animation (rotation) on a frame that was created via ActionBarButtonTemplate then the frame itself is rotated as expected. But the fontstring object, that is part of the ActionBarButtonTemplate template, is not being rotated as expected.

My code is like:
Code:
local tFrame = CreateFrame("CheckButton", nil, UIparent, "ActionBarButtonTemplate")
local ag = tFrame:CreateAnimationGroup()
local a1 = ag:CreateAnimation("Rotation")
a1:SetDegrees(90)
a1:SetDuration(10)
ag:Play()
The result is like this:

Compare the the Blizzard action bar buttons on the bottom and the rotated ones in my bar. The frame, the texture ... everything is ok in my bar. Except the fontstring showing the stack size. It is ... somewhere and somehow weird rotated.

Has someone an idea why this could happen or if animation groups with fontstrings are working at all?
01-13-14, 02:17 PM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

In my experience with animations, while the children of an object are rotated, their anchors are not and must be manually repositioned.

It's hard to tell if that's the cause here because the text appears to be at odd angles, but it could just be from being anchored by something other than their centers.
01-13-14, 02:30 PM   #3
Duugu
Premium Member

Originally Posted by semlar View Post
In my experience with animations, while the children of an object are rotated, their anchors are not and must be manually repositioned.

It's hard to tell if that's the cause here because the text appears to be at odd angles, but it could just be from being anchored by something other than their centers.
That's it! They anchored them to BOTTOMRIGHT. Reanchoring the object to CENTER fixed it. So simple.

Thank you so much.
01-13-14, 02:38 PM   #4
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah I've found these sorts of things to require a bit of trial and error..
01-13-14, 03:20 PM   #5
Duugu
Premium Member

oO

What is it?
01-13-14, 03:29 PM   #6
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It was part of a map project.

Don't try to rotate a scrollframe.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Is the animation group/animation feature with fontstring objects broken or something?